Options

Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

Comments

• Options

Hi all

Spen - Absolutely wonderful result, and 70 miles is some going!

Booey - Well done on your PB and getting the running group together

Words - Keep going, you're doing great

JLB - Give it time, you'll be back to normal in no time

Dave - Give it time, the spare tyre will disappear

Toby - Kick up the bum needed?

I'm hamstrung again, this time it's my right one. Felt it go just after 25 minutes into a treadmill run yesterday, stopped straight away and am resting for the time being. Not impressed with that, I strained my back on Monday doing my hamstring stretches but felt ok to run yesterday lunchtime. maybe I was wrong. The pig has also been let out of his sty today.............2 Hobnob chocolate flapjacks, 200g bar of Cadbury's Fruit and Nut, 2 cakes that's omn top of my normal food! I may skip weighing myself this week!

• Options

Just watched that BBC program Wordslinger mentioned...wow...really took the sport industry apart and debunked alot of myths...

Very intresting program...and there's me just bought bottles of sport drink....no more for me!....just eat and drink healthy porducts/food and were all set to trot...

On another point...my g/f has been banging on about certain bits of her body she would like to tone up (as if I don't whinge about my flab!). Anyhow's I had an early finish today and she was off ...so for the first time we both went for a jog in the woods (her 1st run for xxx years)... it was so nice to do something together and that was different.

Also nice not to be in training mode i.e nike running app on phone, watching spilt times...trying to break pb's etc, etc.

Hey JLB like your style "I'm there with you in the shame corner Toby, instead of 6 x 1000m intervals, I got a large mixed kebab on chips!" nearly spat my dinner reading that !!!! pure class! Come the revolution...I'll make you minister for sports & catering!

• Options

well glad to report gym session done yesterday i have 8 to do today but may well carry on if i feel OK was meant to be going to Leicester this weekend so the O/H could take part in the race for life but that’s now off as it’s been cancelled again

Dave i have to say i to enjoy running with the wife she not the fastest thing on to legs but that’s not the point as you say it’s nice to spend time together

Gary sorry to hear about the hamstrung hope it not to serious yes the inner pig is a Wiley and cunning foe

Word will have to see if i can find the program some were sounds interesting

JLB3 i to had i little chuckle at the kebab comment

• Options

Words - Haven't seen the program yet, but saw a preview, and posted in the Gear forums about it.  I'm not surprised at all about the sports drinks and protein shakes, but have to admit to have bought into the trainers end of things.  Will definitely now be thinking very hard before parting with any serious cash on a new pair.

Dave - I'd love to get my wife into running, and for us to do it together, but alas kids are in the way!

Gary - It must be very frustrating for you, hopefully you recover quickly as you did the right thing and stopped straight away.  Interesting that it's the other hammy, maybe the root cause is in the back?  (although I'm not a medical Dr you undestand!)

• Options

I have been running alot this week as realised its only 7 weeks Sunday to my next HM image cripes

Missed the panorama programme and really wanted to see it, is it repeated?  I was watching about Brad Wiggins after the Tour highlights

Have a good weekend everyone and happy running image

• Options

try  BBC I Player

• Options

well 13 miles done in the end but i have to say the whole thing was a struggle from the word go i knew any sort of pace was out by the time I’d reached the end of the road whole run took 2:12:33 in a way not too bad it is 7 minutes slower than last time but the splits are all over the place ranging from 9:19 to 11:03 and not one in under 9

Oh well it has been a hard week at work well that’s my excuse any way it’s just one of those runs we all get from time to time

weighed to day no change from last week still 12st 3lbs but still pleased with that

• Options

toby3  Still a good distance and the time looks good...not that I have ever run that distance - EVER! will see this Sunday as I am attempting a 12 miler for the 1st time.

Gary Fatbloke Sorry to hear your injured, just think of the 'snacks' as a high energy recovery boost.

Wordslinger Good luck with the milage this weekend.

Worked from home today...so finished at 10:00am ( a good hours slog) then out for a 4 miler ended up in the gym.. 1hour workout (more parading about the place in my tights!) quick 1/2 mile back home ...this evening for my dinner thought I would jump on the band wagon and had kebab and chips with 2 slices of pizza....snort, snort!

• Options

Afternoon all

well summers finally arrived went to the park run this morning with the O/H not the quickest time for her getting round we came home in 42:33 but enjoyable the wife had to do 6 miles today so we carried on afterwards all was going well till mile 4 when her heel started to play up so we decided to walk the rest returning to the car which we had left in Aston Court via the tow path that takes us under the Clifton suspension bridge

as we made our way along the tow we passed a path that lead through the woods and i have to say curiosity got the better of me as i had passed it on many occasion and was intrigued to see where it went as it turn out not one of my better idea’s as it was a bit of a clamber in places and muddy in other and combined with a steep climb

we came out on the main road across from Aston court were we had started so making our way back the park stopping to buy a well deserved ice cream we finally got back to the car in the end we did 6.5 miles the whole walk in the end took us 2:13:20 racking up impressive split times of 16:26 ,14:35 10:13, 15:22, 21:10, 35:33 and 19:59 for the last half mile

all in all veay enjoyable especially the ice cream at the end

• Options

toby3  sounds like quite the adventure! sometimes it's just plain fun to do something different. Well done on the 13 miles by the way...

====================================================

Weekly run-down: gloating alert...

5x runs avg distance 4,9miles, total miles 24.62miles, total time 3:43:01, av pace 9'03/mi, calories burned running 2,855. 21.46mi on road, 3.15 on trail.

Tried my 1st 13.08 miler this morning wearing the gasmask...weighed in at 70.6kg prior and 68.2kg after run, total time 2;02:50, av pace 9'23/mi, calories burned 1514, legs felt very heavy from 8 miles...very short steps...all in all very happy with the run and need to work on the legs.

Now down to 87.5cms on the spare tyre from 100cm, weight 70kg +/- from 76.1.

Not a bad week....let the pigs out for a kebab and chips + 2x slices of pizza..snort, snort...Sorry for the gloating but hey...It felt good!

Good luck to all you fellow losers and have a great week and keep those updates coming.

• Options

may do 8 today but would you believe it the sun comes out and i think I'm coming down with a cold so will have to see how i feel when i get up this afternoon it my be a case of a quick 3 miles on the the treadmill

will weigh later

• Options

Had a run friday but done nothing over weekend, I shall go out later for a short one

Toby - hope your feeling ok image its horrible when you have a cold and its really warm

Not weighed myself for ages, had a curry takeaway last night so I will wait a couple a days haha image

• Options

Dave - Congrats on your excellent progress, although reading your post has left me a little hungry,

Toby - Think I have a summer cold as well, or at the very least hay fever is breaking me.  Not going to let it get to me though, Dublin is in less than 100 days, I've no time to lose!

Good strategy Booey, wife was hung over yesterday and I had a sympathy Indian with her last night, needless to say 2.5 lb on this week after stepping on the scales this morning.

Run to Parkrun, and did the 5k in 25:24, then ran home for 16k total on Saturday.  I didn't get out on Sunday as I had to be in charge of the kids, probably for the best as muscles are quite sore and I have a bit of an ache in the pad of my right foot.  Dublin is in 14 weeks and I haven't really got any focused training going, so going to step it up big time this week.  Broken up 10 miles tonight, intervals on Wednesday, broken up 10 miles on Saturday and a solid 10.5 miles on Sunday.  I hope the body can take it!

• Options

weighed when i got up no change on last weeks start weight so that's good considering the amount of home made wraps i eat on Saturday

• Options

Morning all

Would you believe it all those weeks of training in the rain and nothing the weather warms up and i come down with a cold that left me feeling tried and drained so going have a rest week this week and see how i feel on Friday

• Options

Your probably taking the sensible option Toby, I'm a little more fast and lose with my health (some might say i'm an idiot! lol).  I too have a bit of a cold, and Belfast is not getting the much advertised "heat wave".  It was warm and wet last night, nevertheless I braved the elements and was out and about for 2h 30m covering 11.5 miles including "Extreme Parkrun".  Fortunately, apart from stiff legs I am suffering no further ill affects this morning.

• Options
    Blimey, you disappear from the thread for a couple of days and it suddenly gets busy! Plenty to catch up on but it looks like you're mostly doing ok - although one or two piggies need returning to the sty it seems...

Gary - hope the injury recovers soon.

Had visitors this weekend: one of my oldest friends who just happens to run 3hr30 marathons and 10 miles at 7min mile pace. He's also a fell runner. Probably not my best move to suggest a 10 miler with him on Sunday. It was, as they say, hell.

Got my revenge by dragging him and his kids up the highest point in the Brecon Beacons yesterday though...

Just got in from another 6k, and off for 7k tomorrow morning.

Will do my best to catch up with all your news soon!
  • Options

Binned the run this evening been working out all day in 30+ and the thought of banging out 6km's in the gasmask this evening just seemed too much...just going to consider it my rest day today....

But the g/f is going to drop me off somewhere down the motorway tommorow morning on her way to work so I'll go for a 12 or 13km early tommorow morning...

Hope everyone is having a great week..keep those piggies in !!

• Options

just checking in still feeling under the weather so no run yet have to say all I've done for the last to days is sleep

• Options

Just been out and run 11km, nice to be out in the cool of the morning... have a great day everyone!

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    Hey I had a great diet week. week 18 of my diet and I lost 4 lbs this week. So a total loss of 46 lbs.

Over the moon.image

Steph
  • Options

booktrunk great result

• Options

Just been out for a 4.78km jog/walk with the g/f...nice to be out just enjoying the woods and nature...no nike app/iphone/pace etc, etc...this is only her 3rd run in as many decades...and she did this distance, well proud of her....image

Have a great weekend everyone....

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    Thanks Toby.

My big thing is completely cutting out sweets I eat tons of sweets if I want a nibble it's fresh fruit or hard luck if I am stupid and don't have any in the house or office.
  • Options

I've put my money where my mouth is an finally enterd the Dublin marathon...afraid now. lol

• Options

JLB3 Well thats is then...Good luck with the rest of your training.

booktrunk well done on your efforts... especially the sweets!

==========================================================

Weekly - Run Down: fewer miles this week.

17.10 miles, total time 2:44:41, Avg pace 9'38/mi, 13.38mi road/3.72mi trail.

Broke my 1km & 1mile pb...still finding sub 50' 10k very elusive...think the heat is having a real effect on my times (as well as my legs getting tired). Could also have something to do with me wearing a gasmask for all these runs!!!

Total 0f 102.62/mi this month...Thats a record for me..chuffed

Weight +/- 70kg, spare tyre down 15cm's...some more to go...but feeling alot better within myself and my shirts feel and look better without the spare tyre bulge.

The snack monster does get out but not as much as he used to.

No run this morning, picked up a niggle in one of my ankles so going to listen to my body and not run today...will do some strenght training.

Hope your all enjoying your training....good luck to all you fellow losersimage

• Options

have to stay i was a lazy sod today never woke up till 2.20pm

JLB3 good for you on entering your first marathon i heard great things about Dublin

• Options

Well...been thunkng..and I have entered the Strongman Run 2012 18km's (Netherlands)..

http://www.strongmanrun.nl/homepage/.

Give's me something to train for and it looks a bit of a giggle...and to be honest all you guys entering 'fings' just made me jealous..image have a great week everyone.

• Options

Dave good luck with the training for that looks like a lot of fun or you just have to be plain mad image