Options

Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

Comments

• Options

Marathon week for me.  So my weight goes out of the window.  I did my normal weigh in last Wednesday and will this Wednesday, but the actual weight is immaterial... I know it will be up it's just a guide on how much / little i need to loose to get back to where i want to be.

I've done 3 maras and 1 ultra and i've gone up at leat 1.5kg and as much as 4kg on the week that includes the run every time. So I just give up and enjoy the week as a treat week, as a reward to myself for doing the run.

• Options

Oh Well done Mazeman that's great. only just over a couple of stone to get to your goal.

I do mine mostly in kg 's these days, but I always set targets, so in your case i'd go for getting below two stone to go, that seems manageable, then under 1.5 stone... Then less than 1 stone etc... this way you are not thinking how do I loose 30 lbs.  Your next target is how do i loose 3 lbs to get below 2 stone, then it's only another 6 or so lbs to under 1.5 stone to go... image It just helps focus the mind, i've lost 80 odd lbs, and there is no way I could have done it if on day 1 I said that's it you have to loose over 6 stone.  I would have just given up, and not bothered, but going a small chunk at a time is achievable.

Like running, when starting you have aims like non stop running 2km etc... then getting upto 4 / 5km these are similar styles of goals.

• Options

BT, you count down the weight like I count down the miles on a marathon/ultra!  Good idea though.  I was so disappointed after my first marathon when my weight went up by 3 or 4 pounds.  I find that now I'm back running that I don't crave crap food quite so badly either, which is a big help as my willpower is not so good when it comes to food.  Until 10 years ago I used to be a heavy smoker/drinker and found no problems knocking both those on the head permanently, but with food its different.  I think it's because of that 'reward' thing that you do with food and it is so ingrained from a young age.  Good luck with the marathon BT!

• Options

it was cold and very wet at the Swindon marathon Sunday although that didn’t stop my wife setting yet another PB coming home in 2:42:41 knocking just over 6 minutes of her time for Bristol

She ran at Swindon last year as her first every H/M and she’s knocked a staggering 42 minutes of the time she ran it in last year time

weight wise remain in my target area again this week although i have now swapped my weight watcher meeting to a Saturday this mean's i don’t have to get up especially just to go also i can go with my O/H as this is also her meeting and we usually go out for a run after the meeting any way

• Options

sorry Swindon H/M on sunday

• Options

well 10 miles for me today what a difference in the weather a couple of days makes slight chill in the air but the sun was out and i even managed to get out in a t-shirt and running vest hope for more of the same on Sunday

• Options

well off to our friends later for the last of our 3 in a row for this year she has however tempted me and Poohbear to run the Swindon 10k in November so that will be a extra one again this year but our race calendar is nearly done now with just the Boscombe 10k at the end of November and a Santa’s on the run fun run left for this year

Never got to our weight watchers meeting today as i over slept but looking at our scales i reckon I’ve stayed about the same as last week

• Options

Coolimage good luck with the half.

i need to loose another kg or two to squeeze into my new dress for Xmas image

so no rest for the wicked.

• Options

well Devizes H/M done and dusted yet another soaking again today no PB for as i was running with my friend and we both on for another sub 2hr race despite the rain that’s until we hit mile 12 were they sent us up a lane which was Ok despite being a quagmire until we reach the point when it sloped steeply up at that point my friend said she had to walk as her legs were going so she told me to go on

i managed to cover the last mile in time to come home in 1:58:42 my friend finished in the end in 2:01:25 a good course there were a couple of really steep hills in it but no worse than Swindon the only down side of today is that everything was ether soaking wet or covered in mud

so that’s this year’s three in a row done  may well run a couple of different races next year for a change

• Options

Hey All!!!!

So, im signing up for the Edinburgh 10k in May next year .... Target set!!!!

Just weighed myselft, coming in at ... 250lbs (113.5kg) ... thats HEAVY!!!!!!

Going to gradually increase my running while slightly decreasing my food intake and lets see me burst the sub 60min 10k in May

SNB

• Options

Hi SNB, Welcome aboard.

• Options

Cheers Booktrunk, i look forward to many months of good chat on here with all numbers hopefully going down!

SNB

• Options

SNB welcome to the thread hope the weight loss goes well

• Options

Cheers Toby as the months go on i'll probably try pick your brains for some 10k tips as i go along

SNB

• Options

Hello SNB and hi to everyone else, gained a pound this week but starting to feel I'm getting my overall fitness back.  Swimming going really well but have had a couple of really tough 8-9 milers, but have put that down to the humidity.  Have also entered my first tri, next May, which is my 40th birthday month.  Off to the US now for 2 weeks, where the challenge will be to maintain rather than lose weight.  I've packed my running gear and am hoping to run every other day as well as swim/walk as much as possible.  Good luck to everyone going for races, more in 2 weeks.

• Options

Hi Maze, enjoy the US and look forward to following your progress on here on your return

SNB

• Options

Afternoon all

well no running for me this week i have decided to take a week out although did do some cross training this morning in the shape of house work have to say i haven’t looked at my running shoes yet there still were i left them on Sunday under the radiator were they were left to dry out will have to have a look and see how bad they are and if there dry yet

• Options

Evening peeps,please can I join the gang? 5 weeks ago I decided to tackle my ever increasing weight,I joined slimming world and signed up for the.gsr.so far I have lost 9lbs,still 14st 2lbs so loads more to.loose. when I come back from a run,yesterday being my longest to date at 6 miles,I am totally famished and wanna eat anything that isn't tied down!!!! This carried on all day yesterday and most of today,and only crap.food seems to satisfy me???? Aaarrgghhh!!!!!!!! What do you all eat when you get back from a run,I know running doesn't actually burn many calories so have certainly eaten nor  than I burnt. Am to get weighed in a no,not looking forward to.itimage 

• Options
    Proteins keep you satisfied for longer, I find a milkshake/protein shakes helps me keep away hunger pains worth a try image
  • Options

i tend to have my dinner once I've come back from a run but that’s more due to the fact i then have to leave for work but have to say if i can i do love a bacon and cheese Panini after a run

Cheryl welcome to the thread

• Options

Weekly weigh in today 9st 11.  Top end of my day to day weight range. Was 9st 5.x when I ran my marathon a week and a half ago.  Need to get my mojo sorted and get back down there.  I'm still good but that half a stone makes all the difference between fitting in my Xmas dress or not image So time to grind it out. 

It's the simple things like no treats they make such a difference having the odd chocolate / cream cake.  It's only a little thing but amazing how quickly they add up.

If you want to have 12-1500 calories a day and you use 250-400 calories on a cake that's 20-25% of your food intake for the day gone. So i'm going to try to really behave for two or three weeks.

• Options

Ohhh hello and hi Cheryl image Welcome aboard.

• Options

My diet method is like a lot of runners plans.. a Tweaked version of something that works.

So I use WeightWatchers and guesstimate the points most of the time, If I know i'm going out in an evennig for a meal i try to eat only fruit in the day time it's little things like that that help keep me on the straight and narrow. A huge thing is i've virtually completely taken crisps out of my diet I used to love them, ohhh crisp sandwiches.... But frankly there are less calories in a bar of good chocolate then in a packet of crisps so apart from doritos sometimes i have pretty much removed crisps from my diet.

I find it difficult to only slightly indulge in things so it's far easier for me to say no to x then have a bit of x.

With ice cream I have diet vanilla, or magnum minis.  I used to easily be able to go through most of a pot of haagen daaz or ben and jerries, so now i just have magnum minis as treats in the freezer, so all i'm having is one when i want one for around 200 calories, and they are the last thing i eat that day so i know if i've got the calories free for them. After 18 months i'm pretty good now as guesstimating ball park calorie figures for most foods that I eat at home.

• Options

weigh in for me tomorrow should be interesting as i haven't been for a couple of weeks

• Options

ok week off now finished must get back to it On Monday and as we now only have about 5 weeks before my training program for Brighton kicks in i may well start now by doing two 5milers and an 8 in the week and 10 on a Friday haven’t managed an20 mile run for some time now what with doing the 3 H/M in a row so may wait till the end of November then have i crack at one

I’m not going for a time this year as i have decided to run with my daughter so i may actually get to enjoy the views this year from the cliff top instead of head down and going for it

went to weigh in on Saturday put on 0.5lbs which puts me at 10st 6.5 lbs so not bad as i am still under my target weight of 10st 7lbs and well under my weight watchers target which is set at 10st 13lbs

• Options

Great Toby Good to see your under target weight!

i weighed myself this morning 113kg (17st8) for me so its a 0.5kg (1lb) loss for me this week ... not bad considering i was drinking on saturday hopefully more this week though - starting my running this week too so that should help!

SNB

• Options

Well done SNB a loss is a loss image

You are still going in the right direction.  Just don't expect diet miracles straight away from the running.

Each lb you loose makes a diference.  So just keep at it.

• Options

thanks booktrunk,

this week i had a couple of meals out as my wife was off on work holidays so hopefully a little better planned meals should make a couple lbs more off this week

SNB

• Options

When I was in serious diet mode. I HATED going out for a meal as I knew my careful work would all go out the window as I refuse to eat the skinniest thing on the menu if someone even if it isn't me is paying for it image So going out for two meals and still loosing 1 lb is great.