Options

Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

Comments

• Options

cheers mate im exactly the same!!

hopefully the 3-4 .. ok 9 pints sweat outta me this week too!

SNB

• Options

Morning all

Just 5 miles for me yesterday i was going out for a run but the weather was just  too bad and after 2 soaking’s just didn’t fancy another one so it was into the garage to used the treadmill while watching wreck it Ralph on DVD

SNB well done on the loss

• Options

What a difference a day makes weather here’s lovely today suns out blue skies so went out for a run did 10 in the end so the warm up training towards Brighton has started must sit down some time and plan out my training schedule

• Options
    Hi everyone, I was wondering what foods you consider free foods? I dont count fruit or veg as these are important, but what about cups with of tea? Milk on cearals etc or do you count everything? I find having a "diet" hard so instead eating healthy and only what I need.

Thanks
  • Options

in WW terms count all the milk etc... I know people that pour out x amount and use it throughout the day. 

I have 45g of Special K red berries with milk or two shreddies with milk  and I count that as a ball park of  200 calories 

• Options

i have to say to my shame I've never counted the coffee i drink but have switch to having a skinny latté at Costas

• Options

SHOCK!!! image

Good week for me.  I'm back down to 9st 8.9 lbs so hardly ran this week, due to crappy cold and i've lost virtually 3 lbs. So that's nice.  I am back below 135 lbs which i like image

I just need to hover around with this preferably my maximum weight, and keep considering trying to get below the magical 9 stone but don't think it will happen 130 lbs (9st 4lbs) 59.1kg would be special image

• Options
    Toby, I must admit I never count my soya hot chocs frpm costa!
  • Options

Morning all

just 5 miles for me yesterday sat down after the run and worked out my training plan for Brighton it’s basically the same one I’ve used every year but with a few more tweaks to it then working it back from the 6th of April it turns out week 1 is the first week of December so that give me just over 4 weeks till it kicks off

• Options

Trekdale: Only teasing but a medium soya milk costa hot chocolate 230ish calories image Which is why i try to stick to water n diet coke.  When I do hot chocolate now I do those 40 calorie a cup ones, literally because they are all designed to be around one WW point image some of those are nice flavours, the orange, or banana ones i rather like as a treat if i'm really cold image

EDIT: that was a bit OTT it's not like I only have one when i'm about to die from hypothermia... I'm not that anal... image

• Options
    230ish callories of choclatey heaven! I only have them about twice a munth if that not a regular thing! I have the instant water ones I find they are a good way to get rid of that sweet craving... banna you say never had a banna one!
  • Options

ok I lied the current batch are indulgent ones 61c http://www.optionstreats.co.uk/explore-the-range/options-indulgence-range/scrumptious-belgian-chocolate-banoffee/

image I usually this or similar so if i need a choccie hit and want to warm up it saves me from being very naughty

Oh... and this is sooooo not diet... http://www.whittard.co.uk/hot-chocolate/hot-chocolate-flavours/rhubarb-flavour-white-hot-chocolate.htm#product-details

• Options
    That does look good tho! I have a weekness for hot choc!
  • Options

The options one has the same calories as about 1 square of decent chocolateimage so way more bang for your buckimage

• Options
    Never thought of that! Good thinking!
  • Options

Good Morning Team!!!!!

Well the scales were laughing at me this morning 114kg!!!! so thats 1kg (2lbs) ON!

Was out for a meal and the Lion King last Wednesday for my wifes birthday then was out on Saturday for another meal with her (Chinese this time) then last night had to grab a wotherspoons burger as i was at The Sunshine Underground gig last night

Ah Well New Week Starts Today!!

SNB 

• Options

OOPS! that's the problem when eating out.

I think i'm not going to loose this week.  I have had a cold all week and i've been comfort eating. I might even have gone up a lb.  I got my first run in for a week Sunday and because i've not been running as much it made me hungry so i over eat to compensate for it. So i'm having one of those weeks as well SNB.

BUT, the great thing about dieting is when you get up each morning, that's it... It's a new day and you can start again, so you have a bad day, or week, that's fine, all you can do is make today a good day and keep going from there. I find that one i'm on a downward trend if I have a bad week it comes off a lot quicker then before as it's sort of only just gone on.  I know it sounds daft but recent weight gains are easier to get rid off as opposted to long term older gains image

I'm sure you will have a good weigh in next week image

• Options

Thanks BookT ive just finished my lunchtime training - done some hills at 80-90% 5x100m no idea if thats a good way to train but oft i was blowing!!!!

• Options

Afternoon all

well 10 miles done today looking back at previous runs over that route it was about average at 1:28:47 did 16 last Friday so thought I’d look at some of my previous 16 miles runs not so good on that score i was 10 minutes slow than when  i ran it when training for the Brighton this year  and 15 minutes slower than when i ran it when i was training for the Bristol H/M in September oh well just show how much work i have to do

Weight wise never got to my weigh in as me and the wife went away for the night and spent most of Saturday Christmas shopping in Clarks village and like SNB had a lovely pub meal and then a big breakfast so have to get back to basics this week and watch what i eat

• Options

Back after a half term packed with good (but bad!) food, kids' parties and lack of exercise. So that explains the 2lb gain then...

Oh well, off we go again. Ding ding, round 1624 of the big diet.

• Options

Evening all

well was going to have another go at the 16 miles on Friday but took one look out the window and said sod it no such luck today though the wife want to get 6 miles  of road running in before the Swindon 10k next weekend so out in the rain we went although by the time we started our second loop the rain had stopped

Went to my weigh in today and after a few weeks of gains actually lost weight this week only 0.5lb but hay a loss is a loss

• Options

Well done Toby image

i've been doing good but had a blow out today, it happens, back in the saddle tomorrow. Still suffering with cold squeezed in 29km running and 16km walking this week. Which considering how I felt was not to bad, along with 2 kettlebell weight sessions. 

• Options

afternoon all

10 miles for me today weather was over cast and it was clod last night so went out dress for that sort of weather boy i wished i hadn’t it turn out to be a lot warmer than i thought was sweating buckets by the first mile

• Options

Toby: hehe it's always hard to judge the weather i did a 10 mile walk saturday and had hailstones, ran 10.5 miles yesterday and was in t-shirt and getting sunburnt.

My weight is staying around the same which is good around 9st 7-8 ish not as low as i could be but a reasonable weight.

I've started to kettlebell weight training 2 or 3 times a week for 20 or 30 minutes, not a huge amount with only 4-8kg weights doing 200-300 repeats in total of 4 exercises.  But i'm sure it's already really helping to tone the last couple of stubborn areas after my big weight loss.  My underarms and my tummy are my two weak areas, and the weights seem to be doing them a lot of good.  So might be worth those that have lost a lot and are having the odd stubborn area, little things like this even after a while can quite quickly make a different in your body shape.  But, not necessarily make any difference with your overall weight.

• Options

Hi All, back from the US and managed to come home at exactly the same weight as I left, which is amazing.  I've been back on to low-carb, high protein, high fat for the last week, lost 4 lbs in total and feel absolutely great energy-wise.  Have used it before and found it really useful for weight loss and also for dealing with the sugar crashes I used to get. However, I've always been a little concerned about the fat content of such a diet, but apparently some Scandinavian countries have changed their dietary advice away from low-fat eating regimes.  I find the Scandinavians are pretty hot on everything else (education, social policy etc.) so that is good enough for me to give it another go without worrying too much. I have finally got an appointment with a sports physio through the NHS and have been assessed.  Bad news is I can't run until new year, but the exercises I have been given for correcting a non-functioning left glute should hopefully clear up all the various niggles that had come together to make running a pretty unpleasant experience in recent weeks. Also signed up for a triathlon, so have started training with the local swim club and will be taking delivery of a road bike (my first ever) next week.  I am hoping that concentrating on these, along with plenty of walking and gym, will keep my overall fitness levels pretty high. BT, what specific exercises are you doing with the kettlebells? I do weights at the gym, but absolutely hate it and the thought of getting some kettlebells and working out in the garden/outside seems much more preferable to me.  Anyway, hope everyone is doing well with their weight loss efforts.  More soon.

• Options

Hi mazeman 

this is is what I have started trying http://therunningbug.co.uk/training/plans-and-tips/b/weblog/archive/2012/05/09/4-kettlebell-exercises-and-why-they-work-for-runners.aspx

i think it's doing my core a huge amount of good.

unluvky about running, but signing up for the tri sounds brilliant. I cannot swim properly took 4 lessons earlier this year so I can at least splutter along in a pool but that's about it. I length at best possibly not even that far. 

• Options

Morning all

just 5 miles for me yesterday i may do 5 again today or swap it for a gym session will decided when i get up

• Options

Ohh Wednesday morning so weigh in time... 60.8 kg so 9 stone 7.8 lbs 

pretty happy with that. If I want to fit in my drop dead gorgeous Xmas dress (the dress is. I know I ain't) need to loose more and only 2.5 weeks to go. Eeek backup dress is at the ready image 

• Options

booktrunk you can do it image

• Options

Hi all, inexperienced runner/poster here.  I have a race this Sunday (the Abbey Dash 10k in Leeds) and since last week have been trying to lose some weight for the race day.  Is it possible to lose too much weight in the 2 weeks prior to the race, I don't want to be physically weak on race day but I want to be a few pounds lighter than normal, is it possible to go too far?

You maybe asking why haven't you lost the weight gradually through training, well I have been running 25 miles average p/w for the last 10 weeks, but haven't really lost any weight for some reason, so I'm now cutting all the bad stuff out (booze, pizza etc...) for 2 weeks in a last ditch attempt to drop 4/5kg.  I am not small either, most people on here seem to weigh 60-70kg, I weigh in at robust 90kg currently.  Bib biceps though image