Comments

• Options
    I have a headache!
  • Options

Just remind me what time we need to meet you in the pub afterwardsimage

• Options
    I sense a lack of committment ...
  • Options
    Course I'll be there Kanga.......by that time next Saturday morning we'll just about have the Ashes back in our grasp!
  • Options
    and do you plan on doing a mobile commentary, or just as we breeze through transition ?
  • Options

Which bit are we meeting at again? Such a shame I am missing a free evening at a posh hotel with all food & unlimited booze paid for the night before. And you accuse me of a lack of commitment? image

Though with my current training, I may be a tad slow.

• Options

I'm still managing to make it to work meal  at Denbies the evening before Dustboy,   getting pissed and exercising with a hangover don't have to be mutually exclusive!image

• Options

News at ten bong....

"Rangers at Richmond Park, one of the great Royal Parks, have been baffled by a ditch of vile smelling putrid vomit which has appeared by a roundabout in the lead up to Christmas. A group of oddly dressed teenagers on bikes are thought to be to blame as some sort of Christmas prank.

They appeared to be chasing each other, out of their minds on Haribo and Red Bull to try and stave off the effects of WKD from the night before.

Though a bizarre sign on a tree said, "Kanga's lot have been on the piss again"

LOL.

• Options
    so was this planned for saturday, or sunday..??
  • Options

OK, to recap the story so far. A free, badly organised, at your own risk, more-training-than-racing session very loosely modelled on the Ball Buster format. Changed to Roehampton Gate for the indoor cafe and new improved bike hire/repair place. Depending on how many starters we have, and the range of fitness, motivation, and hangover on display, peeps might want to go around in paced groups like our usual sportive approach. Whatever works for you ! FWIW BallBuster took me just under four hours, so I'm budgeting the same for this.

The Ball Bruiser
    - Richmond Park, Saturday December 18th. Meet 09:30 to start at 10:00ish
    - Duathlon – 1 x run lap, 3 x ride lap, 1 x ride lap. About 37 miles all up.
    - Clockwise laps. Run lap is 7.35 miles, map here http://www.richmondparklondon.co.uk/running
    - MTB or road bike/course, your choice, but the MTB path is shared bike/pedestrian path with pedestrian priority. Think most peeps will be on road bikes.
    - Start/Finish at Roehampton Gate. Set your satnav to Richmond Park Golf Club, Priory Lane, London SW15 5JR. Trains from Richmond/Putney, Tubes from East Putney
    - Relay and/or part distance gaylords welcome
    - Self supporting, no aid stations around the course (but it's only 7 miles FFS!)

Facilities at start/transition
    - Free car parking, toilets, café and bike hire/repair shop
    - Ditchy’s cakes
    - Fresh venison roadkill
    - Official Pirate Aid Station Sherpas/bike guardians/cake dispensers, as featured at The Outlaw
    - A couple of discrete Pirate flags – who’s got them ?

PM me if you need my mobile number.

• Options
    Latest starters list I could find, adjust yourselves accordingly ...

Hard Core Aferletes, Innit ?
    Kanga
    Melds
    Ditchy I think
    OC/SB
    Ferret
    Dustboy (works Xmas do the night before, now I have to be up early, I cant go to it
    AliAird hopefully
    BHflyer maybe
    Jaffa all being well
    Flat Footed
    TommyGun2

Lurkers
    Funkin ?
    KK
    LittleSister+1
    Cake
    Trogs

Cake Dispensers/Tassle Twirlers
    Saffers & Mr Saffers
    Schmunkee
    Soupy (possibly bike guardian/cake dispenser)
    Mrs TG2 and kids

Buckerers - The List of Shame
    Dont find yourself here !

• Options

Long term forecast snow and minus 3. Methinks a few minor alterations to schedule may be in order.

Do Australians know it's not 25 degrees C here in December?image

• Options
    How about a biathlon instead, I'll bring a few shooters if someone can bring the ski's!!
  • Options
    Or what if we just go straight to the pub? image
  • Options

I think I may just adapt the aero Pringle idea to aero Thermos of soup.  On the other hand, this could be an ultra wicked event! Looking forward to the run, well the first one anyway, we'll see what happens from there...

Or the pub....

Love the shooting idea, so what, you just potshot at pirates and tally up at the end of the day ? Before the pub?

• Options
    ba ba boing .... new subheading to tempt the lurkers into becoming players. Although just seen snow forecast for Friday night, so we might just end up in the pub after all image
  • Options

Erm, I appear to have promised a man from one of my temp jobs that I will meet him in a carpark in Surrey to go MTBing since he knows what he is doing and I don't (he's having a new knee for Christmas, so has to be this weekend)......but should be back in time for the afternoon tea / pub. What time will you be in the pub?

Alternatively, if anyone wants to come MTBing, very welcome. image

Hard Core Aferletes, Innit ?
    Kanga
    Melds
    OC/SB
    Ferret
    Dustboy (works Xmas do the night before, now I have to be up early, I cant go to it
    AliAird hopefully
    BHflyer maybe
    Jaffa all being well
    Flat Footed
    TommyGun2

Lurkers
    Funkin ?
    KK
    LittleSister+1
    Cake
    Trogs

Cake Dispensers/Tassle Twirlers
    Saffers & Mr Saffers
    Schmunkee
    Soupy (possibly bike guardian/cake dispenser)
    Mrs TG2 and kids

Buckerers - The List of Shame
    Ditchy, but hoping to make the pub!

• Options
    You'll be needing to bring some cake before you slope off !
  • Options
    we'll keep an eye on the weather / forecast and make a call on Friday I reckon.......that way if it's already snowing I'll get tucked into even more wine on Friday nightimage
  • Options

I too am keeping an eye on the weather and also amlooking at some swim coaching in Coventry.

But whatever I do will be dependent on the weather

• Options
    I hope it doesn't bliddy snow as I am hoping to be there.  I have my tri club xmas do on Friday so I may be a little delicate.  Not sure if hubby will come or be nurse for middle daughter but I think it's my turn to play. image
  • Options
    They do burgers there?
  • Options
    Hmm, forecast looks a bit grim. BBC says "Rain Thursday turning to snow for a time before clearing. Turning much colder and very windy. Snow showers affecting some places later Thursday. Snow developing more widely Friday and Saturday."

If it gets a bit ugly we could maybe skip the bike and just run 2-3 laps before pubbing it ?
  • Options
    Dustboy wrote (see)
    They do burgers there?
    Not at the RG cafe, and I doubt the PL one does. Might have to bring your own ...
  • Options
    I'd be inclined to wait and see (for a bit).  Weather now looking less nasty than was predicted a couple of days back, so at this rate it'll be shorts'n'sunnies by the weekend (he said hopefully).  If it does look grim then running would be easier as I can jump on a train (assuming....) rather than having to drive (with bike).
  • Options
    The Beeb's verdict for Friday to Sunday .... "Staying bitterly cold over the weekend with further snow at times. The winds will ease back on Saturday but there will be a severe overnight frost" Heavy daytime snow forecast Saturday.

Looks like it's going to be a bike free one. Does that make it a monathlon ?
  • Options
    With that forecast, an XC monathlon. Potentially still in for it though if this cold doesn't develop. Lap or two of the park?
  • Options

Have rainchecked on my planned MTB ride - whilst MTBing on freshly fallen snow is fun, attempting it with 20mph winds whilst the snow is falling heavily is probably not so good!

Weather for Sunday looks a lot better, why not reschedule - running on fresh snow will be ace? I need to run two laps on Sunday anyway, would be good to have a posse and tea and cake after! image

• Options
    I am still up for doing something.....don't think the shin is up for 8miles but can do my own little 4 miler and get to the cake before you lot.image
  • Options
    Sorry guys but weather forecast is going to render me unattendable

I cant risk more snow on Saturday as I am on nights and we are under strict instructions that our journey in to work is absolutely neccessary !!