Options

Pirate Bollock Bruiser

Comments

• Options
    If it snowa if fooked, I'm coming from Fencurch street to RP on the bike, so if it snows and it's a run only i'll probably miss it...but i'll wait and see!!
  • Options

hmmm I have a logistcal nightmare too....

Can we do one in March..??image

• Options
    If we do a monathlon then there won't be any transition to look after so I won't have a pretend buckering excuse and will have to run. And I feel up for a slow little plod round RP. image  Plus looking after transition/bike sales will be flippin freezing so I'll be happy to do just a run really. 
  • Options
    Soupy...you and me can run together....I am on recovery running so slow and I won't manage the whole way round....a bit of walking for me but would like to still get there. image
  • Options

Sorry Guys, but I will no longer be able to do this - for two reasons.

1) Currently forecast -3 on Fri night, then heavy snow with 21mph winds.  I love you lot.  But not enough to freeze my tits off. image

2) Am considering a Tri Swim Coaching session in Coventry which should benefit me more than a cake fest in RP.  However, this too may be cancelled if I don't feel up to travelling in similar weather to above

• Options
    That's a shame Schmunkee.....totally understand but luckily for me, I don't have sizeable tits to be worrying about image
  • Options
    Blimey, England bales out on a forecast nowimage
  • Options

Beeb now says "staying very cold over the weekend, with the possibility of some heavy snow during Saturday." I think we have to can the bike option. It's either going to be chucking down snow Saturday or too dodgy for bikes/cars on Sunday. Not sure if freshly gritted or au natural roads would be worse for the bling bike image

So looks like Plan B, a little jogette around RP then. Assuming the forecast is half accurate, Saturday is probably not brilliant for even getting to RP, so might have to be a Sunday run ? I can do either day and live close, so not too bothered.

Let's have a list !

Saturday Only

Sunday Only

Run Whore, anywhere, anytime
    Kanga

• Options
    Saffers wrote (see)
    That's a shame Schmunkee.....totally understand but luckily for me, I don't have sizeable tits to be worrying about image
    My old Nan always said it's not about size, it's how you use it/them* image  (*delete as appropriate)
  • Options

Think we may be getting a bit previous on what the weather might do- the BBC weather map seems to suggest a single band of snow passing through on Saturday.  Anyhooo, list updated as requested... 

Saturday Only
    Ferret

Sunday Only

Kanga

• Options

Saturday Only
    Ferret

Sunday Only

Kanga
    Ditchy - 2 laps, but prefer Sunday. (sounds wrong.....)

• Options

If I can get rid of this cold, either, whatever.

But it was getting much better as a titty thread....

• Options

Saturday Only
    Ferret

Sunday Only

Kanga
    Bhflyer

• Options
    Kanga (M.) wrote (see)
    Saffers wrote (see)
    My old Nan always said it's not about size, it's how you use it/them* image  (*delete as appropriate)
    I use mine, very well, thank you!  Not many men have survived being hugged by my chest image
  • Options
    I can probably do either......just depends on the weather really, oh and whether I have a hangover Saturday morning. image
  • Options

No, no Saffers, back to the titties then....

I'll check back tomoz to see what the plan is and try & fit in with whatever. Looking forward to hammering my revised orthoticsimage

• Options

image OYE behave.

I hope Soupy is gonna be able to make it or I shall be plodding along by myself.  Hubby not coming cos he doesn't do that running thing.  I did say it's more a social thing in the hope he would come so I could have a drink. image

• Options
    Saffers, +1 on the hangover on Sat - Fri is work Christmas do #3 image
  • Options
    I have the Tri Club Xmas do and I could be sensible and just not drink.....but I know that won't happen but will try not to be really really bad. image  Or I won't even get to RP.
  • Options

Saturday Only
    Ferret

Sunday Only

Kanga
    Bhflyer
    Soupy

I'm still game for a run.  Might bring Mr Soup with me who's more of a runner than a cyclist. I promise to be very quiet for those with hangover. image

• Options

Hmmm, ok, so most people don't mind which day I guess best thing is to make a decision based on weather report Friday afternoon? I'm on the champagne cocktails from about 4, so can someone text or facebook me if I need to be waking up on Saturday pretty please? image

• Options

Beeb now says heavy snow today, but light snow Sat/Sun. Whatever, not a good time to be on two wheels methinks.

See it it looks like this arvo, and pick a day. Maybe both days ??

• Options

If we're not cycling I will pass on coming up to RP just to run,   although it means I miss your sparkling wit & repartee (Kanga excepted....image)  it means I can go for a run in the forest at home,  only be out of the house for 90 mins and bank some brownie points for future pirate training escapades.

Think we should look to rearrange in orginal format in the New Year at some stage

(plus it means I'll dive into the company sponsored drinks this evening a bit more aggressively!)

• Options
    You could always MTB on the paths, would be fun!
  • Options

No snow forecast until Sat arvo / eve now, so should all be ok, even to do the MTB duathlon if people wanted (though not sure you'd find transition volunteers in the cold lol!

I'm up for the run, as long as it's S.L.O.W. Off out soon, can't remember what time the proposed meet up was, but probably see some of you there!

• Options
    Ha! Stupid forecast. The sky here has now gone green and it is snowing a lot. Doh.
  • Options

Sorry guys I won't be doing this tomorrowimage

Not with the weather forcast and the fact that it is snowing now and I only have a road bike and I'm out on the piss tonight and I have a cold and its along way and I forgot to tell the wife and I need to do some christmas shopping and the traffic will be horrible and and and and ........you get the message image

• Options
    I must admit, circumstances do seem to be conspiring against our beloved antipodean here. (Coughs and sprays the screen again...). Do we still have a Saturday 09.30 start time at the moment, even for just a run?
  • Options

We've gone from blue sky, to white out, to blue sky again in the last hours. English weather is just bizarre !

OK, let's shoot for 2/3 lap run Saturday, meet 0930 for 1000 start, on the dubious basis that:

- The trusty(ish) beeb says it will get crapper later in the day
    - Those of us who did get leave passes for tomorrow dont have re-apply for Sunday
    - Watching people stumble about with a hangover is mildly amusing image
    - Ferret can't make Sunday
    - We can gossip about Jaffa, Tommy, and all the other buckerers.

I'll SMS the laydeez who are aleady at the pub to ensure attendance tomorrow. PM me if you need my mobile !

• Options
    Roehampton gate btw ....