Sub 3h15

Comments

• Options
    marrowsmarrows ✭✭✭

good luck Joolska!

Unreasonably sluggish 7M this morning after 2 nearly-rest days

• Options
    Fish52Fish52 ✭✭✭

As always on this great thread, you only have to be away for a few days to fall behind. Had a read back so...

Badbark - great going - hope the iron deficiency is soon sorted.

Rennur - Encouraging comeback from your injury, from which I will take some inspiration (more about that later)

PMJ - nice 10 there and an impressive wava score.

Jools - your taper sounds spot on - good luck - you'll be fast.

OO-51 - If your park run times are anything to go by then 37 for a 10k is spot on - good luck

moof - tremendous report + interesting adaptation of P&D. Your PB was the reward for those big miles.

VTr - Also a great report to read. Very controlled and a nice strong finish - just the way to run a PB.

Poacher - I watched York on the TV. It looked a cracking event + perfect timing from you. Let's hope it doesn't become any sort of a victim of its own success.

A little bit of pathetic cycling this week, but no running. Right knee & calf refuse to allow even a few meters of running. I've been here before, but not for years & having been trying to work out why? 3 things loom in my thoughts - too many consecutive days of running building unto RHM; too little time properly recovering from RHM; too long a fell walk up to marshal at Langdale HS. I've looked back and found the last time my knee caved in; 2 weeks of nil running was required. So that is my plan; before returning to Furman/Horowitz principles for VLM.

• Options

Fishy, sorry to hear about the injuries. I hope the 2 wk plan rights the ship!

Gul, tis the season. Hope you clear the bug fast.

Marrows, maybe a cut back week is needed? Also, nice marathon splits!image

BI, yes, understand the bad taste feeling. It really helped me to pick a new goal and focus on redemption. Although I have to admit I did feel a wee bit o pressure to perform!

GM, nice effort for a training course PB. And those fellas you mentioned are fast...

Saw this review of the Clifton's today and thought I'd post it for anyone interested. Also, I'm not so sure these shoes can be called ugly. They are growing on me anyway...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShBwr6u1w6M

• Options

Gerard- nothing like a bit of competition to make you train harder, nice pavement pb image

Gul-nice 12 while under the weather , have woke up today with a chesty cough myself hope it not the start of yet more sickness image

Marrows- you will soon be flying again.

Fishy- get well soon and back of the bench, had to take a rest day due to my dodgy knee this week again also image 

VTR - new shoes you have earned themimage

Am- 4 very tired death march miles this morn after a very long nightshift

Pm-5 easy miles , these doubles are not getting much easier yet ! Oh and my cars broke so I may be running to work and back next week so 4 doubles image

• Options
    moofmoof ✭✭✭
    Fishy - I reckon the slightly less intense approach to P&D helped me achieve the higher mileage in training but I do wonder if this had a negative effect on my race with not enough hard miles.

Also the lack of racing may have had an impact, I hadn't raced since May, perhaps I wasn't 'match fit'.

The last four miles were tough and I think I lacked the edge through no regular racing to knuckle down and see it through. I wasn't used to that level of discomfort.

The last 4 cost me about 1.30 mins and it frustrates me but I know I should be pleased with a pb.

I'm never happy!

Sorry to hear you're carrying a few niggles, be patient.

A bit of cycling for me over the past couple of days, about 50 which is easy on a tredder. Also had a little run today, 2.6 mile and my legs said enough's enough.

I'll try them out again on Sunday.
  • Options

marrows - still 7 miles though.
    fishy - sorry to hear of your ijury woes - hope the rest fixes your problems.
    Leslie - well done for sticking at it - it must get easier at some point.
    moof - nice to get out for a run again - steady as she goes.
    14 miles today - not strictly a progressive as I must have lost concentration in mile 6, but fairly close. Nothing exciting though as I did start off very slowly - 9:21, 9:07, 8:44, 8:43, 8:34, 8:34, 8:21, 8:10, 7:59, 7:52, 7:39, 7:32, 7:18, 7:05. Going away for a few days next week, so will have a nice easy week before starting the new campaign.
    All the best to Jools and anyone else racing  this weekend.

• Options
    PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭

Good luck Joolska + anyone else racing

image BB - what a thrill. You've earned it.

10m y'day in the sweaty gym from hell image   All gym sessions should involve a neg split i.e. you enter the gym at walking pace then exercise a bit, or a lot, faster. Here, the #gymfailures go for a positive split - last night a well upholstered young woman walked into the room fairly normally....then set the treadie to a record low speed of  2.1kph for a massive pos split. Why?? Meanwhile Charleston Girl has taken to swimming so no dancing to report apart from the big fella who does expansive upper body Gangnam moves on the moving treadie image

• Options
    Fish52Fish52 ✭✭✭

Moof - more interesting analysis. Glad to read you're taking it easy & recovering well. 

Leslie - Glad you're able to keep training with your knee. Take care. 

Poacher - the gym I frequent is no where near as entertaining as yours. How do you concentrate on your own sessions?

Good early morning breezy biking this morning, followed by some strength training was pretty satisfying 

• Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭

back to back 12 & 14, Gul !! Not bad before you start next training cycle . . . .

15 social miles with pals today - dark(ish) at 7:15 start, but glorious sunshine emerged

• Options

Gul- nice 14

Poacher- too hot to run  maybe in that gym , but at least the time passes easy with all the excitement !

Fishy- keepin busy image

Birch - nice  dark 15 something well will be seeing more or is that less of ?image with the long nights , its already dark when I get in and dark when I leave now on dayshift

9.5 windy miles, (I was going sideways like a crab on the local bridge in the strong wind) giving me 51 for the week .

• Options

Good to see Gul back pounding the streets in the early hours and Poacher still having fun in the gym (congrats on the mention from Tony on MT as well).

Fishy - hope the injuries / niggles clear up shortly.

Good mileage Leslie

VtR - I'm trying to track down somewhere where I can at least try on a pair of Hokas - I was chatting with someone who was wearing a pair this morning and asked her where she'd bought them, but as the answer was Manhattan that wasn't too helpful.

Anyway, have cut back the mileage this week in preparation for the marafun next weekend, but still decided to run the 10 mile race in Battersea Park this morning. Pushed it hard without going mad (apart from a 6:20 first mile) and got to half way in around 33 mins so was really pleased to finish up with 65:35 and a PB by around two and a half minutes (albeit against a fairly soft previous best from over 3 years ago).

Day continued well with younger Lorenzito doing well in the county XC relays, my team making through to the first round of the FA Cup defeating oppo from 2 divisions higher and all rounded off by cooking a rather delicious (if I may say so myself) Albanian dish for dinner tonight. image

All the best to Jools for tomorrow, along with anyone else toeing the start line.

Don't forget the clocks go back tonight and enjoy the extra hour in bed (especially you Gul!)

• Options
    Good luck to jools in frankfurt.

Nice progressive run Gul and a strong finish.

Cracking unexpecred (?) 10 mile PB Lorenzo. In good form at the moment

Going to record the great south run tomorrow on channel 5 to watch local runner gemma steel take on paula ratcliffes UK record. Go Gemma!

Leicester half on the morning and an early start time of 9.15. Just as well the clocks go back tonight.
  • Options
    Bike ItBike It ✭✭✭
    I forgot that the clocks went back today. Now out running at 3:30.
  • Options

Poacher - you need to set up a hidden camera in that gym.
    fishy - good cross-training; hope the rest from running is working.
    Lorenzo - congrats on the PB; sounds like you had quite a day! Unfortunately, our local team were knocked out yesterday 3-4 despite having to beat the leaders of the team just one league above themimage Good luck to Maidstone!
    KR - good luck in the Leicester HM!
    Bike It - oops! I remembered and had a lie-in.
    Has the Frankfurt marathon started yet? Go Jools!

• Options

Jools is off and running - no. F3761. Through 5K in 20:31 so looking good at this stage

• Options

Don't want to tempt fate, but she's through halfway in 1:26:28 - super consistent 5K splits so far!!! image

• Options

Lorenzo-nice shiny new pb image

Kr- how did the half go ?

Jools- New pb I hope !

10 miles this morn with pace picked up last 3 .

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Come on Jools!

Scores on the doors from Lausanne. 36:43 for me comfortably inside target. And junior OO smasher her PB with 40:10. Think I'm more chuffed with her time than mine.

• Options
    Fish52Fish52 ✭✭✭

Lorenzo - Nice 10 miler and a PB to boot - great stuff

00-51 - Great scores! That is a fast 10k

Bike It - 3.30am?!?

KR - Hope the half went well.

Yes, come on Jools!

A great 2 hour gym session this morning. Spinning for an hour, then an hour circuit of machine weights. Poacher, a very boring set of keen gym aficionados at VVV I'm afraid to report.

Nice autumn walk with Mrs. F1 after dinner, with no pain in knee or calf.

• Options

Mustn't steal her thunder but am so looking forward to Joolsrace report. Suspect she might have a stein in each hand at the moment.

Cracking stuff from OO and MsOO

Good early morning effort from Bike It!!!

4.5 miles recovery run for me today - very pleasant amble through the woods.

• Options

Indeed! Very well done Jools image

Quality running as always by the OO clan.

Have a lie in BikeIt!

Congrats on the PB Lorenzo.

Still benched here. So much cycling that I have a sore bottom.

• Options

Jools image

OO, any plan used for the 10k? I have Brighton 10k on Nov 16th and need a 37.xx and would love a 36.xx.

• Options
    Fish52Fish52 ✭✭✭

There's no hiding from these big international marathons is there? Jools - superb

SJ - Sorry to hear you're still out of running action. Think I'll be sharing your recent problem (!) before I risk running any time soon

• Options
    JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Very brief extremely happy hello from me. Felt fab so tore up the cautious race plan and went with the flow. Report to follow but off for beer now image
  • Options
    moofmoof ✭✭✭
    We all know the time but post it anyway.

Absolutely fantastic!
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Nothing special PMJ but I think fast flat out parkruns every weekend must have helped. I also ran a few fast lunchtime 6 milers this week to up my pace.

Due to an error in my entry I started with the 3rd wave, 6 minutes after the fast start. Spent a lot of time weaving through the crowds which was great fun but not ideal for a fast time. Miles were 5:53, 5:58, 6:02, 6:02,5:57, 5:55. This was a fast course, few ups and down but a net decent. 4th V50 from 400. Rather annoyingly 2 guys beat me by 7 seconds. Had I started at the front I'm sure I could have made 2nd. Anyway, good run and well pleased with an 84 WAVA.

• Options
    moofmoof ✭✭✭
    That's a very fast run OO, you're very quick over 5 and 10k, do you reckon a sub 80 half is achievable?
  • Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Excellent, Lorenzo;  OO getting better & better (84 wava )!!  - but forgive me chaps, I'm just so delighted for Jools - I trust you're enjoying the beer; in fact I'm having a (German) beer myself now to celebrate - wonderful performance image

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

I don't actually know Jools' time- is she still in the pub...

I think I can still do a sub 60 for 10 miles moof but for 1/2 M I run very few and sub 80 seems to be beyond me these days. I'll keep trying though image  

• Options
    JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    2.52.41 image

I did post my race number to allow cyber stalking...