Options

Sub 3h15

Comments

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Just shows its all still there Jools.

That's a fine time GM with consistent pacing.

Welcome back KR

• Options
    Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    GD - good pace for your hilly 10 miler.
    Leslie - decent pace to for a recovery run after Saturday.
    GM - great 10k still, although I sense your disappointment. As you say, probably still not fully recovered from Weds' 3x2M session. What's your PB?
    Lorenzo - nice way to end the week.
    Badbark - you really dug in there for that sub 80! Congratulations. Sub 2:50 edges closer!
    MsE - sounds like you're having a great time in the Alps.
    Poacher - that's a great result, especially considering the walk breaks, but I'm still not tempted to XT on the bike!
    OO - good tally for the week. Look after that hip.
    KR - that's a great result, you should be really pleased with that. Well done.
    Jools - that's certainly a long run!
    11 slow miles this morning to start the week.
  • Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    Morning all

OO -you just keep going faster ! also excellent long run & week bagged.

Lorenzo - nice victory ! as per OO re week total & long run  . . .

Leslie - superb half there within the long run, and 80 is a top weekly tally

Jools  - welcome return; and no half measures - straight back with 24 !  

Gul - decent March total, and nice 11 this morning

Badbark - fantastic work in the Half - and great report - month/week miles as we expect these days  . . . . .

MsE I treated myself to an instructor  (Sebastien  -  aahhhh such blue eyes)   - steady on, MsE - lucky the snow is there to cool you down !!   :)   

Gerard - that's a really good effort in the 10K - and great reporting  . . . .

Poacher/KR - back in style - well done, chaps  - I probably saw you both, as I took advantage of the excellent tram service to support my daughter at several points along the course.  Was her debut at the 26.2, and although she faded a bit in the final miles, she was pleased with her 3:37.  The atmosphere made me want to come out of retirement, but I'm trying to retain some sense !  
    Not run since Thursday, so (another) new start today

cheers, all 

• Options
    PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    Birch it looks like the family running legacy is in good hands - proud day for you I'm sure. 

KR - good effort - you won the smackdown by a big margin
  • Options
    MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Huge congratulations to your daughter, Birch. Sounds like she had a good experience throughout the campaign to the race itself and will be back for more.  You can continue to run 26.2 vicariously!  KR - I was tracking you and another friend who came home within 3 seconds of one another.  Well done on a great time!

That is still an excellent time for the 10K, Gerard.  Sounds like you didn't taper quite enough and had heavy legs going into the race.  Was the breathing OK and more the legs the problem?  Also, if form was going, do you have enough upper body / core strength to help when tiring?  You know pilates and yoga is wonderful for this, don't you?!  ;)

And a final well done to Poacher on his completely unprepared for marathon effort at Manchester. 3:14 is brilliant off bike training.  Glad to hear you are staying on it this time too.  I too have ventured over to the dark side but am not sure I like it very much.

Pleased to see the last long runs have been bagged for the rest of you and I will keep fingers crossed for you all to get to your respective start lines in one piece.  

Unfortunately, we won't be leaving the Alps in the same shape we arrived in.  Today, just as we started off on our day's skiing en famille, weather vastly improved (it has been a white out the last few days) and MsEttes all feeling very positive about a full day on the slopes, MsEsq was taken out by an out of control skier who caused him to fall heavily on his injured shoulder which sub-luxated again.  He had to be carried down the piste in the blood wagon and taken by ambulance for an x-ray.  On a brighter note, the medical centre is right next door to our chalet so having been seen we are now back in the room chilling until the flight home tonight (no need to check out on time as next guest not coming immediately, another bonus to the otherwise not such great day).  Not the best end to the holiday but at least he had the rest of the time to enjoy his snowboarding and his sisters are still enjoying the skiing with daddy.  I just miss my final day, but, you know what, that treadmill next door is calling me so I may just hop on it for a bit before we go home....  :*
  • Options
    Hi everyone - since this is the sub 3:15 group and I can't start a new thread (can't see how) I thought I might ask advice here. The London marathon will be my first. Training has been a bit hit and miss as I hurt my leg in early Feb and had to sit out for a month. Since early March I've done a few long runs but I really surprised myself this Friday when I did 23.5 miles in 3:05 (so maybe not quite in the club yet). I don't really know anything about preparing and tapering but I know this is a good time and I'd like to build on it. I'm trying to find out what I should do now to keep this up and not get too carried away and end up blowing it. Any advice please?
  • Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    Gul - A good start to the week. 10k pb is 38:45 but on a different course. Yesterday was a 28 second course pb. I've run too many 40's to care to remember in the past 4 years so and  although I didn't hit the target I'm happy enough with that as a solid run off tired legs and I actually enjoyed it and it was probably the only 10k other than the pb that I didn't feel like I was suffering too much. 

Birch - Thanks and well done to your daughter. That's a really good first outing at the distance. I hope she recovers well and I'm glad you enjoyed the day. I heard the conditions were very good. I haven't heard any negative feedback about the race and afterwards unlike last year's baggage disaster. I presume everything went smoothly? I'd like to run it again soon. 

MsE - Your poor son, that is just awful. I hope he is ok now? Thanks btw. My friend was referring to my stride when he said "form" and said I wasn't my usually bouncy self, even at 2 miles when he saw me first, he was spot on. You are right though re yoga etc for strength and conditioning. I attended a charity event the other night and won a prize with a PT instructor, he is a friend of mine and fellow runner. He is going to whip me into shape! My son is named Sebastien too, although he has hazelnut brown coloured eyes. :) 

Jools - Thanks. Nice LR and you are sounding positive and hopefully it's coming together for another good outing at London. I really do hope it does for you. 

OO - Thank you and a very nice start to the week for you. Can you pls remind me what your marathon pb is again? I am thinking it could be a very good run for you at London.

Welcome Ste - Nice pace for your 23.5. It's always difficult to predict the outcome of a first marathon and it will never be your best, unless you only ever run one! It sounds like you haven't had and ideal campaign what with sitting a month out in Feb. To me that rings alarm bells. Although it's very difficult to know what you are capable of from what you have said. Are you able to tell us a bit more about yourself? What sort of programme have you been doing and how long have you been running and have you raced any other distances? 

Day off today to rest the legs and took my boy out for dinner before he jets off to the sun with his mother. I hope to get out to test the legs tomorrow. 

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Welcome Ste- as said 1st marathons are unpredictable so set a realistic target. That's a very long training run at good speed so you will need to cut back drastically the long run in the next 2 weeks- e.g. 18, then 13?

So pleased for your daughter Birch that's a really fab time.

MsE- what can be said- at least it came late in the holiday. Hope it doesn't put him off...

Gerard my PB is 2:58 from 2 years ago, I'm not convinced I'll ever top that- I'm much better at the  shorter stuff.

6 recovery miles today at a gentle 9:30 pace. I have a 10k at the weekend so will have to shuffle things around- still aiming to do 50+ this week.

• Options
    Gerard, thanks for the reply. I'm 41, never been a serious runner. I only said I'd do the marathon to raise funds for the brain unit that saved my life last Christmas. I had 5 brain ops and they let me out in Jan 2016. Before all that though, I always played a lot of soccer and was mainly a winger so lots and lots of sprinting all my life.
    I hadn't really got into a training plan before injury struck (calf, not brain :p ), I'd done a couple of 20km before that. When I saw my Physio after injury he advised me to share the load through my glutes as I had naturally been a very forefoot runner, which had caused the calf strain. This sharing seems to have really worked for me. In March I just started building the miles at weekends with 2 much shorter runs during the week. I'm now running with more of a mid foot strike and not stressing my calves. Seems to be working...
  • Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    OO - Yes I thought it was, thanks for reminding me. You are very good full stop and maybe you do favour the shorter stuff but I'd say you have to go for it the way you are running now and you have been recording fairly consistent mileage if not huge, so It's worth a punt. 6:45's all the way!  :)

Ste - Well done for doing what you are doing and I'm glad you have made a recovery from what must have been a very scary time. Ok, it sounds like you have some speed in the legs but a marathon is about much more than that. I'm not quick and I haven't mastered the distance myself yet even after 4 attempts, but others have. I would err on the side of caution though for your first one and it's too late in the day really to be making any real inroads in training. My advice would be to set yourself a realistic target and most of all to try and enjoy the occasion. Stick around and you'll be able to glean words of wisdom from all the experienced runners on here. Good luck with the rest of your training. 
  • Options
    Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    Birch - great debut by your daughter. You must be proud.
    MsE - Oh noooooooo!!!!! Hope the x-ray is positive.
    ste_barrett - welcome to the thread and good luck with your first marathon. I think GM is right in advising setting a realistic target rather than going for broke. That will then give you something to build on for next time hopefully.
    GM - enjoy your run today.
    12 miles this morning. Did more of a P&D type MLR today, with the first six miles nice and slow (9:02 m/m HR 137). The second half was supposed to be easy, but ended up more of a steady six (7:54 m/m HR 156).

• Options
    JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Nothing exciting for me yesterday: 5M recovery (8.30m/m) and then a gentle sports massage to flush the legs out ahead of a club session tonight.

Ste: welcome.  As others have said, nice pace on the long runs, but if the other mileage is fairly light then I suspect your long runs are at or close to maximum race pace, and so you will need to keep a lid on things come race day.

Nice start to the day, Gul.
  • Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    Gerard - yes, good feedback this time for Manc - great support/organisation - (my daughter had no problem retrieving her bag) - and very supporter-friendly too.  And yes, conditions were perfect - 9C or 10C at the start, probably about 12C or 13C later, and minimal wind.  (I did notice on the Manc Mara thread, one or two saying they "suffered in the heat ) !!  I'm sorry, but . . . .  really ?   What "heat"   ???  

Ste - hi there - what the others said, and good luck !! 

Gul - nice dozen to back up yesterday's 11 - baker's dozen tomorrow ?  ;)

pleasant 9 here with my pal this morn  . . . .
  • Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    Gerard, to emphasise my impression of Manchester, this was posted on the Manc Mara thread

"Absolutely faultless. The best big city marathon I've done and a million times better than last year.

Great route. Super support. Fantastic gel and water stations. Perfect baggage handling. Lovely free Erdinger. I do not have one single criticism. Felt like royalty in the exclusive athletes village at the cricket ground too. Every single lesson from previous years learnt. Can't wait to book again for next year. Flat as a pancake "
  • Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    Poacher great mara of sod all running ,impressive !
    Kr there is a 2:59 in you yet .
    MSE MsEsq was very unlucky there (again) going to need a new shoulder soon at this rate.
    Ste welcome and with 3 weeks to go you want to be taking it easy with say a 17m and then a 13 m long run the week before London, you are guaranteed a pb no matter what ,nothing you do in the last 2 weeks will make you faster but it could make you slower if you overdo it.

11m this morn with 6x 800m around the track to finish most around 3 mins with a 2:52 last rep.

• Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    Omagh half mara report:
    This was to be a p&d style run (no cutback 80m week) with 5 warmup then 12 @ 6:40 and whatever I had left with a couple cooldown to give 21m.
    I did my 5.5 mile then got to the startline and we were off and soon got to target pace and after the first mine got into a little group which were pacing nicely so just stayed with them,talk In the group suggested runners in the 1:27 to 1:30 pb range so all good ,few climbs at the start but nothing much wasn't working too hard though some in the pack were ! Then about 3 miles the group on a downhill the group took off and left me I had already put in a 6:30 mile so wasn't following so was left on my own ,not for long though as anybody who passed me I used them as a windbreak when possible.
    The miles ticked by was feeling fine very undulating course but then you get the little down hills as payback ,I seemed to pass the same people several times every couple of miles one guy in particular who liked his aftershave  the scent was a bit overpowering with the wing blowing.
          From about mile 6 the pace edged nearer 6:35 and I was now doing the passing and felt strong right up to with 10 mins to go and still 1.5 miles I though 1:27 was gone but most of the last mile is downhill so a 6:11 mile was put in then as I entered the track for 1 lap to go a marshall should you can catch him pointing to the guy in front ,about 5 secs later I was in front now at 5:50 pace which I held to the line ,as I came out of the last turn was surprised to see 1:26 on the clock so hung on for a 1:26:26 finish and straight out the gate for another 2.5 mile cooldown to give 21m for the day.
  • Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    Epic stuff, Leslie, and top marks for the "straight thru' the gate extras" !!  
  • Options
    Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    Jools - hope you had a good club session.
    Birch - good social 9. Could have been tempted to go for 13 (esp. as I did 10 on Sunday). And 12 or 13 C is hot - relatively!
    Leslie - nice 11 with reps to finish. Is this your last pre-taper week?
    Recovery run this morning. 6 miles. Hadd style HR test run due this week, but not sure if it's worth it as my HR still appears slightly elevated due to lingering lurgy.

• Options
    AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Hi Ste :) Less is definitely more in the last week or two; training has been banked, can do little to enhance your performance and quite a lot could go wrong if you push too hard at this stage. I need to listen to my own advice here too...

Great mara results from Poacher (a very casual 3:14. Would be over the moon if I could muster that!), a very impressive run from KR too. Life in the old dog yet, even off limited training!

Super debut from Birch Jr in Manchester; hopefully it will inspire her to bigger, better and faster things. Rightly a proud Dad!

Cracking HMs from BB and Leslie, and a really solid 10k from GM too; again, all times I can only aspire to, so great performances in my book! (Everything's relative, I know.)

MsE - glad you've enjoyed the Alps, but so sorry to hear about your son's continued shoulder issues. He (and you) must be very frustrated!

Jools - great to see you getting back to big miles without too many issues. Hope your recovery continues!

Apologies to anyone I've missed.

Sports massage sorted out my back issues a treat on Friday, then final MLR last weekend of a measly 12 miles. 6 easy on Monday, and 7 today with 2 miles at MP thrown in. 7:39 and 7:14 feeling pretty effortless, so will head out in the 7:3x range on Sunday and see what happens. Forecast looking favourable, but my right Achilles has started to grumble a little. Not planning on doing much, if any, running between now and the weekend, so should hopefully settle it down. Hopefully just taper madness anyway.

• Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    Gul I've about 8 weeks to go yet so 5 pre taper ,hope that lurgy clears up soon.
    Abbers goodluck sunday and rest that achilles .
    Birch nice 9 with company.
    9m for me too when I got up after Nightshift struggled a bit at the start after yesterday's reps my first in about a year I guess.

• Options
    Sterling performance from you there Poacher - clearly all the two-wheeled activity has helped.

Great stuff from MsBirch as well - has she got her eyes on another one yet?

Completing the hat trick of great marathon performances is KR - 3:08 off 4 days a week is mighty impressive

Leslie - love the idea of knocking off a 1:26 half in the middle of a 21 miler

Hope MsEsq's latest setback doesn't keep him out of action for too long - sounds as though something with less contact (like, er, running) might be a good idea!

GM - hope you enjoyed the recovery day with your lad. Just for the record, elder Lorenzito is also a Sebastian!!

Abbers - take it easy and hopefully the Achilles will hold up. I'm sure it depends on the severity, but whenever my Achilles has felt a bit sore I've applied ibuprofen gel and after a couple of days it feels as good as new.

Welcome ste - have you done any races at other distances that might give an indication as to conversion to marathon? 23.5 in just over 3 hours is a pretty decent long run pace and I'd say that 3:15 should be achievable as long as you don't get carried away and overcook the first few miles.

Gul - hope the lurgy clears up soon.

Bit of a mixed week for me so far - commuting runs on Monday followed by a 2 x 2 mile session on Tuesday. According to the plan is was supposed to be at HMP but the 2 mile blocks came out at 13:55 and 13:39 so more than a bit disappointing. As I'm away this coming weekend I decided to morph today's session with the weekend session and go for 15 miles at MP+20s - the pace fluctuated a bit depending on the gradient but came out at an average of 7:18 so as I'm aiming for 7 min / mile pace at London, I'm pretty satisfied with that.

Probably a rest day tomorrow after 12 consecutive days of running
  • Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Birch - Very positive reviews there which is great. I agree that 12-13c is pretty much perfect marathon conditions. When I did it last year it was about 16c max iirc and lots complained of the heat but I personally found it very pleasant. The only thing I would say though is that it's not pancake flat but there are no serious inclines unlike my local one.

Leslie - Great report and what training run that was with the extra miles added on before and after. I'm not surprised your legs are tired but you seem to bounce back very well.

Gul - Nice recovery miles, hope you feel 100% soon.

Abbers - You should go well on Sunday and I look forward to seeing you smash your pb.

Lorenzo - Your Seb is with an a whereas mine is with an e. Regardless of how you spell it I love that name. Nice pace for your 15 miler. 7mm sounds like a good plan. My boy is currently sunning himself in Tenerife with his Mum.

Monday was a rest day after Sunday's 10k and I could feel it in my legs but not too bad. Tuesday was a double run with a 5k @ 7:20 pace and then a club session with a ladder interval session of 6/5/4/3/2/1 min intervals of 60 second recoveries but I just ran then at a steady pace and chatted nicely with some of the other runners who were also taking it easy after the race. Today was a 2 mile run to the beach and back @ 6:53 pace and the legs felt great. I hope to get out for a longer run of maybe an hour or so tomorrow. The weather is lovely here at the mo, about 15c and very sunny, it's meant to rise to 20c by the w/end. I fancy a barefoot beach run this w/end if the forecast lives up to expectations. 

• Options
    PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    Birch - agreed, Manc was well organised and they have got over last year's failures. It's a fairly recent incarnation but it was good to see runners from all over the UK + groups from Ireland, Scandinavia etc. A fairly fast course too. London in late April is usually that little bit too warm (although last year conditions were nicely cool).

Reading back: Lorenzo - congrats on the Parkrun win - they all count. Leslie - that's looking very good.

Ste_ - sounds like you have the ability to knock out something fast but in reality does it matter? The back story of the journey from operating theatre to marathon runner is very powerful and maybe on the day it might be good just to relax, take in the occasion and celebrate being able to run and benefit others. The 2nd mara will be faster anyway.

GM - +1 for barefoot beach running - I occasionally do mile reps like that on the sand which is hard but glorious.

Not sure what to do in London - cheekily try to improve on 3.14 for old times' sake, or have a laugh and slum it, possibly in fancy dress, for a 3.2X fun day out. So long as bro-in-law targeting 3.59 is beaten...
  • Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    Lorenzo - thanks, - after the initial "never again", she is now at the "IF I do another" phase . . .  ( and nice 15, btw , - well earned rest day to come )  . . .

Poacher - only 2 weeks away - do you think sub 3:14 is on?  - if so, go for it - the fancy dress can always wait  . . . .   

8 miles this morn, with 4 x 1K included.

• Options
    MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Welcome to the thread, ste.  Others have given great advice which I would echo.  Your footballing background will have given you great fitness but the endurance will be what is tested on your first marathon.  Sprinting on the wing is great for speed but not so useful for ensuring speed endurance. (I say this as a hockey player.) While your long run was at a great pace, you would be wise not to place too much reliance on it as an indicator as so many variables can come into play on the day.   Ideally, a series of long efforts at a consistently good clip would be useful to gauge readiness.  As you have had a compromised build up, take it easy this first time and enjoy the day. There are no training gains to be had less than two weeks prior to the race. And as the race will mark a huge shift in direction for you since your brain operations, savour the moment.  That, to me, is the real marathon which you have already conquered. 

OO - I am on the verge of accusing you of being a sandbagger... I think it is coming together nicely for you.  As Gerard says, 6:45's please.

Looks like you are nicely back in the swing of things, Gul.  Is your HRM a chest strap or watch?

Nice to see you are ticking along now, Jools.

Glad to hear junior had a good experience and that Manchester redeemed itself after the previous years' fiascos, Birch.  Nicely done on the 1K reps this morning.  What plan are you following now you are no longer in marathon mode?  Without a training goal in mind, I am finding my erratic runs rather pointless.  If I could head out on trails it wouldn't matter but as I am resigned to stay on the roads, I think I need to do something slightly structured but am unsure what.

Leslie - nicely paced 1:26 HM within your LR.  Looking really strong there.

Good to see you have a pace plan for the weekend, Abbers.  As it is taper time and you are running less, can I suggest you pay particular attention to making sure the achilles is given some extra attention, with the calf stretched out?   Physios all recommend gentle running to keep the blood flowing to the tendon and when less running and inactivity occurs, achilles issues often worsen.  To avoid this happening lots of foam rolling of the calf, heel raises and eccentric loading will be helpful. (removes bossy person's hat).

Sounds like a good session, Lorenzo.  I still think a PB is in you despite the interruption to training. It's all mental for you from hereonin.

Poacher - I like the costume idea for London as you wear fruit dressed as a woman ever so well.

Thanks for the well wishes for MsEsq.  Trying to get a message to the consultant as to whether we can get approval for a further MRI to replace the now redundant one, except he is away skiing until we next see him which is rather frustrating.  More yoga, pilates and short trots for me.  Anything longer than 45 mins leaves me feeling unstable (in the ankle department).  Graduation day today where I receive my Msc.  Looks a nice day for it which leaves me with just one concern: how do I manage to walk more than 200m in my heels?!
  • Options
    AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

MsE - appreciate your advice! Preaching to the converted a little; been foam rolling my calf to try and loosen things up, so will continue with that and add in the heel raises. Enjoy your well-deserved day of celebration! Will try Lorenzo's gel therapy too! :)

Brighton looking sunny, 14 degrees, light breeze of ~9mph. Looks decent!

• Options
    Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    Abbers - rest up now ready for Sunday! Trust in the training.
    Leslie - I should have checked the list! I had in mind that you were running Belfast on 1st May.
    Lorenzo - good pace for your 15 miler. Enjoy the rest day!
    GM - looking strong following your 10k.
    Poacher - why not go for 3:14:xx in fancy dress?
    Birch - 1k reps sound very appealing to me after weeks and weeks of plodding.
    MsE - hope you have a really special day even in your heels! Will you be changing your thread name to MSc now?
    I was still thinking about a Hadd test run, but as I was up early enough to do the longest run of the week I applied the Steve Winwood principle and did a 14 mile MLR instead. 7 miles @ 8:41 avg  HR 143 and 7 miles @ 7:51 avg HR 155. Somewhere in there my HR peaked at 214!
  • Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    MsE - rather ironic that MsEsq's consultant is away skiing !!  

- enjoy your day, and take care in those heels !  

my "plan", such as it is, is still not really formulated. I'm thinking of a 2 week cycle, with harder sessions every 4/5 days, so, eg, "efforts" could be Sat (sometimes parkrun within a longer outing), Thurs, Tues - ( 3 "sessions" per fortnight seems to be the limit for my VoGit legs) , with one long run (16 miles) , and 4 rest days per cycle.  Or, 2 long runs & 2 "effort" sessions. Was reading a fair bit yesterday on the subject of VoGit training, and the predominant advice seems to be to go with the more intense sessions, as we who have many years at this silly pastime , have a good endurance base, and so a fortnightly long run is sufficient.  Less miles and more recovery, really. Apparently, (and I've certainly been guilty of this) vets are reluctant to reduce mileage, as we like to see the numbers in the diary. Which, of course, impacts on recovery.  Anyhow, I'm entered in Derby Ramathon (half mara) in June, so we'll see - I have 3 more Road League 5 milers to come in the meantime, so I'm using those to try and get used to racing again (although last week's was a sobering experience)  . . . . .   

how's the taper mania going for those with upcoming marathons ?    

• Options
    JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Taper mania fab, thanks. First marathon dream last night. Woke up as I was being charged by a (real) camel. Am fairly sure I don't need to prepare for that eventuality in real life...
  • Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    MSE enjoy the graduation after all the hard work and heels are for show and the pics only for you !
    GUL I did talk about Belfast but an injury started soon after that so I canned the idea as too risky,it would have been only for a GFA ticket which I still need,nice 14m.
    Jools first of many mara dreams no doubt !
    SBD how goes it you have been quiet ?
    Looks like we will have a few race reports and maybe a few pb's come sunday at Brighton .
    9m today after I got up from nightshift .