Sub 3h15

Comments

• Track at lunchtime today, 6x400m reps. Getting faster, average was 88, then 86, now 84.6.
  • BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

Les – You are flying!

Jools – Low 2:50s would be fantastic after your injury

Lor – I’ll be getting a few beet shots at the expo too! I hope to make it to Chandos but it will depend on my family. I’ll have a 3 year old and two 72 years old’s with me.

OO – LOL, I certainly won’t be running home after, due to heading to Tenerife on Monday from London! I intend to gain about 20 lbs in 10 days serious eating and drinking. I think you could smash 2:58 if you go for it. 6:40 pace early on and see how you feel later.

Gul – Nice 12 miler with a nippy second half

Keir – Hi stranger!

Bike it – Glad to read your injuries are clearing. Good luck with your marathon!

I’m flying to London tomorrow so this might be my last chance to post. Good luck to all the racers!

It’s been an interesting training campaign to say the least. I started specific training at the end of January having run about around 60 miles weekly over the winter. I started an edited version of 12 weeks P&D up to 100 miles, with a goal of running sub 2:50 in London.

Unfortunately, I suffered from two colds in the first month and wasn’t hitting the paces I had hoped. I managed a HM in 1:24:26 with 10 weeks to go, which was a worry as I’d run 1:22 in the same HM two years ago. This was on my way to a 2:51:09 PB in London.

To make matter worse I picked up a stomach bug which preventing me from running much (and nothing fast) for almost a week. I couldn’t get my Parkrun times below 19 minutes.

Then thankfully things began to come together. Although I hadn’t been hitting the paces I wanted, I was putting in the effort. This coupled with some higher mileage for a month brought my fitness on considerably. I managed a 37:35 10k then a HM in 1:21:34 which was close to my time two years ago on the same course. This was now 5 weeks to go.

Two more good weeks of training followed, including my fastest Parkrun in two years of 18:22. In my peak week of 104 miles, I ran a 5k PB of 17:59 and 1:19:53 PB HM.

Unfortunately, I picked up another stomach bug which was so bad I couldn’t run for 4 days and nothing fast for a week. After about 5 days recovery I managed an 18:33 Parkrun on Saturday and 37:49 10k on Sunday in a 70 mile week. If I hadn’t have been sick I would have been expecting 5 to 10 seconds a mile faster.

Despite the disrupted training I still fully intend to break 2:50. It’s a bit scary to think I need to run the same pace I managed 10 weeks ago for twice the distance, but my recent sub 1:20 HM shows I’m capable. I just have to suffer the pain and get it done.

PS. My 2.5 miles yesterday were the only MP mileage I did. I raced HM’s and 10k when P&D had called for MP runs.:)

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    I saw you were all doing a couple of miles at MP. So as not to be left out I popped out for a 4 miler, 2 at MP. As you say BB bloody hard work.  
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Boston Report:
    After six excellent days in New York which included a 5 mile run in Central Park and walking over 50 miles we caught the train to Boston where my focus suddenly turned to the campaign finale.
    Early weather reports were not good, warm conditions forecast which was backed up with an email from the organisers the night before highlighting dangers and advising a slower pace. This was disapponting as a recent HM PB showed I was in good shape despite continued injruy woes.

Marathon weekend is huge in Boston, it's everywhere with flags, banners and loads of TV coverage. It felt special to be a Boston runner.
    After checking into the hotel we made our way to the expo. I bagged the expensive celebtration jacket, collected my number and t-shirt and soaked it all in.

More walking on the Sunday where I checked the logistics to get to the start. Sunday night came, I went to bed and as expected, barely slept.
    I was up at 04.45, got the kit on and made my way on the subway to Arlington Street to drop my bag at the finish. It was now 05.30.
    Bags are not permitted at the start, you drop the bag and take a small provided plastic bag with a few essesntials, any warm clothing worn is discarded at the start area and donated to charity.

A short walk takes you to Charles Street, a wide road between two parks. Here there are dozens of yellow school coaches which travel in convoy to the start. I get on and sit next to a guy who is a bar man for Hilton Hotels in Chicago. He has an injured ITB, he qualified with a 3.01 but was hoping for a 3.30 on the day due to injury and heat concerns. It was interesting to hear the conversations of others making temporary friends on the bus and talikng about where they are from and what they want from the day. 

We leave around 06.45 and the convoy snakes its way over 28 miles to Hopkinton. All along the route there is evidence of high Police and Military security as well as lots of car tooting from marathon supporters. We arrive in Hopkinton at around 07.45, just over 2 hours until we start.

The holding area is in two school fields. It seems each field has a fence made of port-o-loos or "Port-o-Johns" as they call them and there are massive tents which provide welcome shade from the already beating sun. I found a spcace to sit after grabbing breakfast from the Clif bar, banana, Gatorade and water stands. Bagels are available too but I hadn't trained with those, what a pro! I also grabbed a black coffee. Facilities here were excellent and ideal for me as I like to sit quiet and just observe before a race. I realised I was actually on a baseball pitch outfield. The PA man was great and was playing some really good music. This was brilliant.

At 9.05 the first wave were called to the start, that was me. We clutched our little plastic bags for as long as we could, our little life saving belongings, a mental crutch before we handed everything over and at the mercy of the race.
    There was a long slow walk to the strart corral, I was in the back corral, number 8. As if the organisation hadn't already been great, there was free sunscreen and another massive port-o-johns area provided, they'd thought of everything. Over 10,000 marshals volunteer at the event and it seemed like all good luck wishes were sincere and genuine. This really was their event and they wanted us to have the best of times.

I finally ditch my plastic bag after applying yet more sunscreen and then we were all instructed to look at one of the scores of USA flags hanging everywhere while the PA banged out the Star Spangled Banner, americans held running caps and clenched fists to their hearts, us foreigners just looked on with respect. To the very second, the absolute moment the final note finished, a pair of F15 fighter jets blasted above us and down the course. The best just seemed to be getting better!

I convince myself my left shoe lace it too tight and panic a little while I re-tie it. Now is my right one too tight? I calm down, man-up, take a look around and am momentarily overwhelmed. Running, just running, that thing that non-runners think I am bit mad to do to the extent I do it has brought me to this place, the start line of arguably the most prestigious marathon in the world. Amazing!
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017

A distant gun fires and we're off. For those of us in the rear corrals that means a slow walk to the start line all uphill. A button press on the new Garmin and we're off. Instantly the party starts. A massive music system is belting out run themed rock tunes. The quality of the music systems down the course was amazing and there were plenty of them.

I had been warned about overcooking the first few downhill miles. The only overcooking going on was my skin. I was sweating buckets within seconds. I ran easy for the first and second miles in order to save the quads from the expected doom further down the course.
    Ideally I wanted to do these first few miles in under 7.00 pace but on the day it was clear that would be folly. The first 5k was just over 22 mins but I was already baking.

From 5 miles we're working on flatter ground but any incline is exaggerated by the sun hammering my shoulders and sapping my energy. As the distance continues I have a cheeky burst to gain some time back but this is all very controlled. 

I make sure I take liquid at every station. Other marathons would do well to copy Boston. Fuel stations appear at every mile from mile 2 and are staggered to eliminate runners cutting each other up. They appear on the right with volunteers shouting "Gatorade, Gatorade, water further down!" As promised Gatorade is provided first, then a small gap and then the water appears. As the right hand fuel station finishes, the left one begins. This was brilliant in its simplicity and worked a treat.

I have previously complained about events providing cups rather than bottles. I will now be more specific, the problem is with plastic cups. Boston provided paper cups and some of the smarter volunteers provided the solution on how to maximise intake while on the run; they pinch the cup at the top, thus forming a spout which pours all of the contents into your gob rather than on your shirt. On such a hot day I was now confident I could drink little and often, get the fuel inside and avoid dehydration and with less (but still some) impact on my time.

Undulations continued, my race plan was to begin working at 16 miles where the Newton Hills stretched for 5 miles, however I was already working. My pace was slowing and I began the inevitable thoughts or re-targeting goals for B, C and possibly D. 
    A. Try for PB, Gone
    B. Get a London GFA, Going
    C. Get a Boston Qualifier, Yep, could do that
    D. Just get round, please no!

Halfway came and went, I was soaked through with sweat and water which I'd poured over my head at every station. The Fire Department had also hooked hoses up to street side hydrants to create showers which I also made use of. 

The noise along the route is incredible, the americans totally embrace the event. It was amazingly loud almost to the point of annoying. However it got even louder as we approached the girls' college at Wellesley. It's tradition that they offer kisses to the runners and plenty of runners helped themselves. As it's tradition I had to be part of it and got kisses from two lovely lasses who seemed to enjoy the fact I was English and not at all put off that I was old enough to bet their father!! It was a nice distraction from the slog shift I was putting in, you could still hear their screams half a mile down the road.

Before I knew it, the 16 mile marker came and the road went up and up. I'd studied the course map and knew I had four decent climbs to come with a few dips and then the inevitable Heartbreak Hill. Having mentally prepared for this section was a real help but boy it was tough. Due to the extra inclines for the bits I'd dismissed at dips but now felt like mountains, I was unsure If I'd done Heartbreak.

The mile markers at the side of the road suggested I was a mile short as well as the permanent mile markers which are in the centre line road markings all year round. They really do love this event!
    Heartbreak arrives and my strong head gets me up. Others, alas, see their race crash and burn as the walkers increase. I trudge past and try to use their negativity as my own positive, I'm still going, I want to die but I'm still going.

By now I know that my plan to bring back time with a decent 10k is out as my legs feel like they did on my first marathon, full of concrete. I was so hot and thirsty despite the continued refueling, that it was now all about the medal. No way would I end this race on a stretcher with a strict american telling me I don't get a medal as I didn't finish it, no way!

At 22 miles I got a timely boost when my wife and boys suddenly appeared, cheering in the crowd. My eldest shouting that our beloved yet relegation threatened Woking FC had won a crunch match away at Chester that day. Brilliant!

I counted each mile down, took the water and used my gels well. The last two miles were the longest on the course, there must have been a measuring mistake? People were dropping all around. I later heard that 2500 needed medical attention, many at the finish. Many had core body temps over 103 degrees and one guy reached 108. I saw some very fit looking folk go down, not nice but all were OK in the end.

Mile 25 approached, I could see the marker. Annoyingly my Garmin told me I was already at 25 but I could see it was a good 0.2 down the road.
    On t-shirts and bus posters I'd seen a slogan stating, "Right on Hereford, Left on Boylston", this described the final turns to the finish. I ran it through my head multiple times like a mantra as I looked ahead of the mass of humanity that stretched out and wished upon wish that I'd see them shape to the right. But oh no, there was one last test. Just like the underpasses in Paris or the one at Blackfriars in London, Boston had one in the final mile. I cursed and spat as we went through and up, many took the opportunity to walk for a bit.

Finally there it was, the right turn into Hereford. The volume increased, I could see the left into Boylston and as I took it I can only imagine that's the noise you hear when you run into a packed Olympic stadium, it was deafening. I realised I was on the centre blue line and with space around. I showboated to the crowd, waving my arms asking for more noise, they responded by turning the amp volume to eleven. Wow!

Suddenly I felt lighter, I could see the finish gantry, I looked to my left and remembered those that were injured and killed at that point four years ago and thought how wonderful it was that we were also doing this for them and they'd never be forgotten. As I approach the line I raise my arm as if scoring a goal (my usual race homage to Alan Shearer) I cross the line and I can stop. 

I hadn't checked my watch for miles, no point. I glanced down and saw I'd scored 3.19.41, exactly 10 mins to the second over my PB in Berlin seven months ago. I'm so pleased with that. This beast of a day with heat and hills had only cost me 30 seconds per mile, it could have been so much worse. In a campaign which meant training through illness and injury, I'll take that. I received my medal and suddenly it hit me, I ran Boston!

So happy to have managed the race so well (and the injuries during campaign) and to bring home a fairly respectable time. 
    Boston was an awesome experience, the organisation is incredible. If you get the chance, do it!

• BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    Fantastic report, G-Dawg - and once again, great effort !!  
  • SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    Great work GD!

best of luck to everyone on Sunday - looking forward to some stonking PBs and entertaining reports....

smash it
  • GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    G-Dawg - I really enjoyed that report, loved the detail and you really made the most of a very memorable occasion. I can't wait to do it one day.
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    The picture above is HR data from Boston, 7.36 pace.
    The one below is an 11 miler two weeks ago at 7.00 pace.

Seems to show what heat and hills do the the old ticker. Defo going to defer Sunday, need to rest the most important muscle.

Also, being 50 this year, it seems my Boston time is a London GFA after all. Huzzaaah!  B)

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    Awesome racing, GD.  You totally bossed it in those conditions.  Great report.  How on earth do you remember all that detail?!  Glad you enjoyed the whole experience. Hope your niggles are recovering nicely. I have entered and DNS twice at Boston.  Pesky injuries seem to thwart any attempts to go.  But I am determined to get there one day.

OO - keep it calm.  You will run 6:45s with ease. So much ease, in fact, that when you reach 18 - 20 miles, you will feel a lightness in your legs that comes from putting in all the training, as you have, and be able to put the hammer down to achieve that characteristic sprightliness you constantly show us you have within you, and run 6:40s and even the odd 6:3X home for a shiny new PB.  Oh yes.

PMJ - excellent improvements on those intervals.  A good race beckons!

BB - so pleased your campaign turned around for you. Safe travels and look forward to tracking you (number please!) and hearing your tales from the day.

Can we have a note of all race numbers so us non-runners can track you please?

Delighted to hear you are back up and running, Bike it. Hope you get the time you need.

Hello, Keir (waves).

So today, I did a little yoga and pilates, walked the dog and then went to see the ankle man.  He agreed my ankle is hanging on by a thread and we have scheduled surgery for a week today.  Eek. Making plans for coverage for the dogs, lifts to  school for the MsEttes and checking that MsEsq will have sufficiently recovered from his shoulder surgery (two days prior to mine) to be left home alone for the day.   Eek.
  • PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    Keir! There's a blast from the past. Good to hear from you - still running?

BI - all the best with that, you've been unlucky with injuries. Almost 2 yrs since you, I and Lorenzo were carbo loading by the beach in Durban.  Only you can know whether the body would stand up to Comrades while not 100% fit.  But a few weeks to go so fingers crossed.

Joolska - a target the rest of us can only dream of. 

GD - excellent report capturing the race day atmosphere - goosebumps in fact.  You ran a blinder on a tough course in hot weather. And had the mental strength to face down the dreaded Heartbreak. Having done the 5 original majors (not Tokyo) I'd say Boston is the daddy, the hardest of the 5 but dripping with history and heritage and worthy to be on anyone's bucket list. Just being there has to be a highlight of a running career.

My non-taper continued this week with planting potatoes, dealing with a lot of manure, then today 54 bike miles some of which were over the steep hills on the Cheshire/Derbyshire border. The legs feel empty, absolutely rinsed. Heading south tomorrow, expo tmrw or Sat, then the walk of the living dead on Sunday.  Green GFA start. Don't anyone tell Lorenzo, but I might craftily put a towrope round his waist while he's not looking and hope to get dragged round.

Good luck to all racers - DBS.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

That's a nice report to wake up to GD, certainly makes you want to run Boston and very uplifting.

My races rarely go like that MSE but for sure I've decided to go off at 6:45 pace and see where that gets me.  Good luck with the surgery, it does seem like the right thing and I'm sure you'll stay calm over the next few days.

I've heard of carbo loading Poacher, but never carbo planting. See you for beerios after the run.    

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    GD: AMAZING report! You write - and run - very well. Added to my pre marathon tension in a good way. Sheer guts and determination in spades.
  • BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    morning all - good luck to all on Sunday - and GD has set the reporting standard  . . . .

MsE - good vibes to you and yours (TWO family members undergoing surgery in the same week) !!  eek indeed  . . . . .

3 (yes, three) miles so far this week - not good  . . . . .  
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    GD - wonderful report and sounds like you revelled in the occasion. You certainly showed masses of grit and determination and thoroughly deserved that qualifying time. Love the boost you got from the football result!
    Keir - good to hear from you. How are things?
    Bike It - all the best with the marathon this weekend and hope you get the required time.
    Is it really only 2 days to London?! Keep calm everyone.
    Yet another rest day (Miss GD's actual birthday).

• FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭

Just popping in to wish everyone doing VLM the best of luck on Sunday.  I'm going to be there to spectate, really looking forward to it as I haven't done that in years.  The weather looks pretty good I think, so enjoy yourselves and do the thread proud!

G-Dawg - awesome report on Boston.  I was sneakily tracking you on Monday and was willing you to do well - absolutely fantastic time in those conditions, and a GFA to boot!

I had a serious case of CNBA after VLM last year, took some time out and then got back into things very gradually over the winter.  I did enter VLM but had really already decided to defer and glad I did - just couldn't get my head around it to be honest.  I'm not really doing anything very structured right now, but averaging around 25 miles a week which isn't bad, and did a half a few weeks back - not quick but under 8 min/mile average which I know isn't anything to write home about but considering my longest run since VLM had been 10 miles I was pleased with. 

I will put in an entry to VLM 2018 - I can either use the champ place which I deferred or more likely will do a GFA entry as I really preferred the Green start. Plus that would give me another deferral option if I need it.  So I might start to post a bit more, although right now sub 3.15 feels like another world away!

• KeirKeir ✭✭✭
    Good luck Bike-It - what time do you need to qualify?

Hi BB :) - Nice build up summary - Wow - you've got fast whilst I've been away! We've similar (identical 5k) PBs, but your conversion to longer distance it very impressive. 

Great report GD - 10min PBs don't come often and what with the difficluties you've had you obviously have a lot more potential  in the tank. 

Waves to MsE, Jools, OO, Gul

I'm still keeping fit Poacher, a little running and cycling. But recently I find myself following in your footsteps - lots of gardening and a niggle to dip my toes into the ultra world. :#

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Have you ever looked at one of these, GD?  Very useful to work out pace adjustment on hot days.  It would be interesting to see how your actual paces compared on the day and whether on a cooler day it would translate to a PB.  https://runnersconnect.net/training/tools/temperature-calculator/

Waves back to Keir and to Freemers  :):)

Happy birthday to Miss GD!  MsEtte3 turns 8 tomorrow so today involves hoping the online deliveries arrive in time!  An easy 10 at the usual pace and some pilates in the meantime.
  • edited April 2017

Poacher - I heard you and will be keeping my eyes out for any suspicious characters hanging around the Green start. I can't remember what the layout is like there - where's a good place to find you? Not so sure that you're following a conventional taper plan, but let's see!

Keir - great to hear from you. Just be warned (from someone who fell into the same trap) that once Poacher lures you into the Ultra world, it's difficult to escape the appeal of them.

Talking of which, fond memories of the pre-Comrades feast with Poacher and BI. Good luck to you on Sunday BI - which marathon is it? Trust you'll be having a virtual pint with us at lunchtime.

Freemers - glad to hear you've got the running mojo back. Any idea where you'll be spectating on Sunday so I can keep my eyes and ears open for you?

MsE - the phrase "an easy 10" sounds as though you're in a positive place at the moment despite the recent trials and tribulations. Hope everything goes well for both of you with the surgery.

G-Dawg - that has to be one of the best race reports that's been posted on here. I was running with you every step of the way and could feel the pain and the glory, along with the tremendous atmosphere. I've said it before, but you're aboslutely right to be proud of your performance.

Together with Poacher's comments, it's really whetted my appetite to run Boston next year. Might be a bit of tricky one to fit in with school holidays, but on the other hand it could work out nicely if I play my cards right.

4 easy miles yesterday morning and another 4 easy ones this morning - time to get the cotton wool out now.

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Lovely to hear from Freemers and Keir!
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Do Boston with me the year after Lorenzo ;)

Hello Freemers great to hear from you. A timely reminder not to take top flight running for granted- we'd love to have you back soon.

Did another 3 mile speedy one on the beach this morning. Now packing for the off this afternoon. 

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    OO - Are you aiming to do Boston in 2019?

Glorious sunny lunch run today. 3 miles out and back along the prom. Ditched the trainers as it was just too nice on the beach. Running barefoot in the shallows in the incoming tide, it was bliss. I've entered a duathlon on Sunday with a pal but we're doing a relay, I'm doing the 2 run legs and he's doing the bike. 7:30am start on a Sunday morning, these triathletes get up early. Should be done and dusted in time to settle down and watch VLM.

• Bike ItBike It ✭✭✭
    I will be running the Robor Scaffolding Marathon, Lorenzo. The name doesn't exactly roll-off the tongue but the sponsor company owners are runners so it is more of a personal sponsorship than a commercial one. It is in Benoni, Gauteng. 2 lap course through suburbs and golf estates. 'Fairly flat' meaning 100-200m elevation.

The minimum qualifying time is 4:59:59 Keir.  Let's hope I don't need all that time. (Good to hear from you BTW).

Yes I have fond memories of the Durban beachfront lunch in 2015 with Lorenzo and Poacher.  I've still got a lot of work to do before I can go there again and can't take anything for granted.  My biggest goal for Sunday is to stay injury-free so I can train next week

Nice report GD - it reminds me why we do this 

• FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    Lorenzo - I will be around Westminster, on the right hand side of the road.  Just before you reach the start of Bird Cage Walk, so well within the last mile.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Dorking vest and give you a shout if I spot you. 
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Gdawg  that's a cracking report though the heat doesn't make me want to try it but it sounds like a few on here are now keen to join you.
    PMJ those reps are heading the right way.
    Freemers hopefully your running mojo will return after watching London
    MSE great you are having surgery now instead of just making do ,light at the end of the tunnel for you now.
    Bikeit goodluck with the marathon.
    8 recovery today (8:32 m/m average) after I got up from nightshift.
  • MsE said:
    An easy 10 at the usual pace and some pilates in the meantime.
    Sounds very positive after the recent issues.
  • Freemers - perfect. I think my eyes might be half closed with the effort by then but I'll look out for you!

OO - 2019 might be more tricky because of A levels (younger Lorenzito not me!) but if I enjoy it next year (assuming I get a pass out) I might be back for some more.

Tempted by Boston GM? Enjoy the duathlon.

BI - great name for a marathon. Presumably you're "building up" for it. :wink:
  • GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    Hey Keir - Nice to hear from you and glad you're still keeping fit. Any particular Ultras in mind? 

Lorenzo
    - Thanks. I'm looking forward to and hope to run a decent 5k but save something for the 2nd run too. Yes, the target for Amsterdam 2017 is a gfa time which I think would qualify for an entry to Boston 2019 and London. My Mum's sister lives in Braintree and I'm the only family member never to have visited, so it would be really special. 

Bike it - Great to hear from you and that you are running a qualifier for Comrades, good luck with that. I'm tempted to do Two Oceans soon but haven't got the courage or desire to do the big one. Who knows I might change my mind one day. :) 

MsE - I hope the surgery goes well for both. Nice to see you recording a double digit run. MsEtte3 will be the same age as my boy, he turns 9 in July. I totally get the hoping and praying the online deliveries arriving on time thing! Fingers crossed! 

Poacher - You're going for a quick time then? You seem to have great fitness off the bike and astounding ability to run long distances off very unconventional training, hopefully the legs will co-operate on the day. Please remind me what number mara this will be?

Badbark - You have had a rough ride in recent months but have found a new lease of life and ran some very quick times across the distances. You got this dude! 

Gul - I hope you enjoyed the b-day celebrations with Miss GD.

Birch - Any plans for a few longer runs over the w/end? I've run twice this week, a total of 7.3 miles; so not too far ahead of you. 

G-Dawg - How's the body holding up? Interesting HR stats. When did the zone 5 spike occur? 

Is there a schedule of race numbers for the VLM runners somewhere? I might have missed that?? 

• DazzaLDazzaL ✭✭✭
    Hi all, sorry I've not been around for months. After the forum shifted I couldn't get access for a while and then I just forgot :'(

Anyway, congrats to all those that ran in Brighton and Boston in savage heat. I saw quite a few Boston jackets at the London Expo on Thursday, a few of the runners still showing that uncomfortable post-marathon shuffle\waddle :D

My training has gone alright for London, coach thinks a 3:06 should be my primary goal but I'm starting with the 3:15 pacer to avoid getting carried away and then picking up the pace. I'm staying around Canary Wharf tomorrow night and then heading to the green start on Sunday morning.

Good luck to everyone running London this weekend, may your race day go to plan and the running gods be good to you :wink:
  • DazzaL - look forward to seeing you on the Green start. Taking it easier at the start makes sense - when will you start to pick up the pace?

GM - Slightly late in the day but here a starter for ten. A target = over the moon, B target = pretty damn happy, C target = "that'll do"

Red Start

Blue Start

Green Start
    Lorenzo (27748) A: sub 3:00 B: PB (sub 3:06:30) c: sub 3:15