Options

Sub 3h15

Comments

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Ian...
  • Options
    Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    OO - top bombing at the 800m track race :) 
    Lorenzo - great to hear from you. So did you and OO do the Bob Graham round in the afternoon ;)
    Ian - that's a real shame. Hope you find an alternative that actually goes ahead.

• Options
    Gul - OO was trying to tempt me, but I resisted! Good to see you're still going strong. Been getting any sleep recently? 

Couple of easier ones in the last couple of days to conserve energy for some decent walks. 
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    My first 'proper' session yestrrday, 8x1k off 90s at hmp-10k effort. I had no idea how this might pan out and there was plenty of scope to get this very wrong early on and make it a sufferfest. Ignored my watch paces as far as possible and ran effort, came out 4.01, 3.53, 3.53, 3.49, 3.51, 3.46, 3.51, 3.44.

Very happy with that as I had some elevation to deal with on each rep as well and I finished strong. The 90s recovery was probably too helpful so be interesting to see how I'd go with 60s. Given I'm half a stone over weight as well still, feeling positive about things now. 

Easy 12 tomorrow for 37m week plus 3 pretty high intensity spin classes and the return of bodypump on Tuesday which I'm still aching from. 

Beginning to feel like normal training. 
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Good for you DT, nice to see, you've had good patience.
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Thanks,  TR. It's been a trial at times that's for sure, but (purely from a selfish perspective I know) it was made much easier not having look on strava every weekend and see race performances.

Quite looking forward to tomorrow's 12m as at 9am it'll be dry, 10c and light breeze. Best conditions I'll have tried a long run in. 
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Where is everyone??

Sundays 12 was my favourite run post injury. 7.55mm for a very low 142 bpm average. Followed up with 4m recovery yesterday then an 8m hilly progression over lunch time. Pretty rough today after a heavy night and late one last night (unplanned I may add) so started at 8.4x and finished with a 6.35. Bodypump this evening.

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    DT sounds like you are definitely over the injury. A good steady long run will give you a lot of confidence.
    I was away in the Lakes for a week and apart from my long run with Lorenzo I did a freedom parkrun (19:30) and another long run for a 60 mile week. In spite of the decent mileage I seem to have gained some holiday timber and was on the track today to burn some fat,  and felt in good shape.

Does seem quiet here lately.....

• Options
    Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    DT-You look like you're getting up to speed again quickly.
    Not much going on here,hit 50m last week,seem to have lost a bit of enthusiasm since Boston went,need to get it back quickly before Elvington.
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    That's understandable Ian but you had great form so hang in there 😉
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    DT - good going DT, you're in decent nick given the time out.

Ian - is that Oct 4th? You've put a lot of energy into chasing races which might be on or not, so no surprise, but its not a bad thing to mentally lose focus for a week or 2 now, you can then get back to it mentally for the last couple of weeks. You have a target marathon that was put on deliberately on a closed cct so should be ok now.
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Good points TR. As you say a couple of weeks lost focus will soon evaporate as the race gets closer.
    I just got the London marathon deferral email and booked my place for 2021. Anyone else in?

• Options
    Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    TR-Yes it is,I probably needed to step back a bit as I had a heavy 4 months so can go again for the next 3 weeks.
    Funny though that taking it easy is now around 50 weeks and my highest average block before this was 40 miles or so.
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    I reached 1750 miles ytd today after c200 per month the last 3 months. Looks like I'll land above 2500 for the year. Pretty normal for me but high considering injuries and lack of racing this year.
  • Options
    Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    OO-Sneaking ahead of my 1742,to ne fair I've only once gone past 1800 I think so bit of a difference with 4 months to go.
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    I had a look back Ian. I peaked in 2018 with 2551 then slightly below that in 2019. However I swam a lot in 2019 so swimming and running  combined was probably higher output.
    It would be incredible none the less in a year of Covid and virtually no races if I set a new record above 2551 for running in 2020. So that's the target I guess....😁
    Let's hope you get a PB marathon to remember in 2020.

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

I've stopped looking at this years mileage in the circs!

Had a decent week. Session today of 5 x 1m off 60s over lunchtime. Was on the streets so crossing roads and junctions etc so not ideal but came out 6.23, 6.19, 6.13, 6.13 and 6.23. The last mile looks like I was wrecked however the last 500m were on trail in a complete gps blackhole and I had a very old pair of vaporflys on which made the trail that bit harder.

Please session and progression from last Fridays 8 x 1k off 90s.

Off to physio shortly for some maintenance work. Getting quite tight in the back and in the left hand glute and hamstring so need some adjustments.

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Well done DT, still building nicely

Im on for big miles too, its from not having anything to taper for and recover from. Even with slightly reduced miles and long runs for a while, the miles still total up.
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Yes, Lewis was of the view it'd take me until end of year to regain fitness to where I was and I appreciate those final squeezes may take a bit more time, however I'm feeling much advanced on that projection. 

Not sure on any target yet, was eyeing the Derby 10m, however it's far from settled it'll happen. Will just look for any old race I can for end of year I think. 

Racing does definitely impinge mileage. If you race every 4/5 weeks and taper and recover properly it's a good 40m a month lost. 
  • Options
    Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    DT-I am impressed with the speed you are managing on the sessions already,really strong.
    I had a quick check and my actual yearly high is 1809 so just 60 miles in 13 weeks to beat that,shows how much more I've ran than before.
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    My last hope of a race this year the San Sebastian mara got cancelled today. Unfortunately BA flights can't be refunded but they were cheap. Sad but not too upset.
    I know you always have big miles,TR 😉
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Oo, won't your travel insurance cover costs of flight as Spain is on the list of no travel? At the very least you can always claim back the tax elements of an unused flight. 
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    If I had insurance 😆
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Ah that's a shame, oo. We have it with bank account so always there. Perhaps they will cancel the flight. 

Progressed my long run to half mara distance today. Probably won't take it more than 14 until there's a purpose. Went out a bit later today and was a bit warmer than I've had last few weeks so a bit of a trudge by the end. 8.02mm pace for low 140s bpm.
  • Options
    Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    20 today,felt really good and without intending it,it was really fast,felt pretty easy though so happy with it.
    The race now has it's licence so all good on that front.
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    20 here too but at a gentle plod pace with some pals. That's my first 20 miler since April.
  • Options
    Hi Gang! Some good miles going on by everyone despite no racing this year. 
    I'll only hit around 1500 which if I do 1528, will be my third biggest ever. 

Had a week off running due to an injury last weekend.
    The cat was on the landing trying to rest and keep out of the way of our new puppy, so I lay on the stairs to give her some attention. I moved my arm and all my body weight went onto my lower rib cage and something popped. Bloody agony!

What a crap way to get injured! I've injured ribs like that before playing football, so I knew only rest would fix it and that an early comeback would be folly. 

For once I did the right thing and was able to get a comeback 5 miler done on the trails at lunchtime today. What an idiot!!

Looking forward to the puppy growing up and running with him on the trails.

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Crikey GD that's pretty unlucky to say the least. All the DIY I do I'm sure I'll do something equally daft one of these days...glad you are back though 👍
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Ouch, very unfortunate injury gdawg! 

Ian, that looked like a cracking 20! 

4m recovery yesterday morning, followed by spin at lunchtime then the coaching groups 'bums and tums' session last night. Easy 5m in a bit and bodypump later. 

The parkrun announcement seems to have sparked mixed reviews. Given the difficulty in just getting races on with controlled numbers I simply don't see it. I think a lot of host venues/local authorities will refuse permission as that's generally the reason these races are being pulled last moment. I'm not sure the sudden appearance of 100s of runners taking over a public space will be welcomed.
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    They chose a bad day for good news 😉