Options

ASICS Super Six: Bridget (Sub-4:15)

Comments

• Options
    I need a map - where's this snow? Grey and miserable here. Have a good day everyone.
  • Options

Well it took me 35 minutes to get wthin 3 miles of work (so most of the journey done) ...................... and another 40 to do the rest!

Although it may seem nice of the neighbour it is purely self-interest as beyond our drive and theirs (we are opposite) it is still all compacted and horrible! 

• Options

Only just spotted the result.

Massive congrats Bridget!!!!!
  • Options

Ta image  Like the name change, are you really not finished it yet?

I have a very mundane list on my phone that reads wrapping paper, tablecloth, cereal, cling film, ketchup and washing up liquid!

• Options
    OK found you now - will be following and matching (well when I can get to the gym or outside)  Between work and snow it ain't happening. image
  • Options

So tonight we have a prime example of how family can get in the way of plans.

I was about to get changed to go to the gym when A (13 years) who is usually very good at sorting herslef out appeared asking if I'd make her some tea.  Not the sort of request you can easily refuse without feeling like a bad mummy even when she wants something out of the freezer that has to go in the oven!

So while it cooked I swept and mopped the kitchen floor ready for Christmas.  Emptied the washing machine and festooned the radiators.  Fretted because Mr S was late getting home and his phone had packed up this morning.

Finally headed to the gym at 8.15 to find that they had decided to shut up shop!  Not sure of the reason as although there was a notice board behind the doors all the lights were out so it couldn't be read.  The roads and car park were no worse than yesterday but perhaps I am being cynical in thinking that the thought of starting their 4 day break a few hours early was more appealing that providing a service to the hardy few.

So today has turned into a rest day and barring a very rapid thaw the 2 miles at 9.44mm will not be happening.  Plan B is that I will do a couple of slow snow runs tomorrow and Friday instead.

• Options
    TikkaTikka ✭✭✭

That's a bummer about the gym, Bridget image.  I have to say, I'm really impressed with Esporta.  The road leading up to it is on a steep hill, which for the last fortnight has been like a skating rink, but the staff from Esporta have been diligently doing what the Council have failed to do because it's classed as a side road - gritting it to allow access to the club.  They've never wavered from their opening hours of 0630-2300, even though the receptionist said they barely see a soul after about 9pm.  I took out a 3 month contract to get me through the worst of the winter and at the time I was outraged at how expensive it was, but it has been worth every penny - I think I've been 19 times in the last month!

I hope you get your run tomorrow, but it's not worth risking injury for the sake of 2 miles if the conditions are still too dangerous.

• Options

The small gym I am am at Bridget had 7 people in all day, I had the whole place to myself this evening, I may well take my own music in future too! They are only schedules though image

Has your mentor / coach showed up yet?

• Options
    I'm kinda liking having the place to myself.esp the swimming pool. No doding the ladies that swim 3 abreast while nattering or being hit by wayward balls. image
  • Options
    Rod Goodwin wrote (see)

If not you can always come and piggy back on a combination of Debbo and Plumimage

• Options
    Ooops, didn't really want that as a TOTPimage
  • Options
    Well Hash the weather may be bad but we seem to manage to get in here each day! image
  • Options
    Hashette Too Many Sprouts wrote (see)
    Rod Goodwin wrote (see)

If not you can always come and piggy back on a combination of Debbo and Plumimage

imageimageimage
  • Options

Howl, just realised how that reads, apart from what I actually meant to say!

imageimageimage

• Options

It's all those sprouts, gone to her head (or somewhere elseimage).

What's the plan for today, then, USB, swapping from yesterday's run? 

• Options

Morning USB.............looking with interest as your schedule for this week so I can do something simliar next..

I hate treadmill running so much that my treadmill is waiting here to go to a nice new home where it will be appreciated..........as soon as the snow clearsimage

I'm aiming for 4:22 hopefully so will go a few mins a mile slower than youimage

• Options
    seren nos wrote (see)

I'm aiming for 4:22 hopefully so will go a few mins a mile slower than youimage

Have you told Debbo that?  I think there are other plans in the pipelineimage
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Seren - no point sneaking over here and slacking off and pretending you can't go for 4.15

and please Hash, I'm sure USB is very nice, but I don't fancy that piggy backing with her and Plum if you don't mind image
  • Options

I've got no access to a tready now till after the weekend (to use one here at work I'd have to have an induction and everything) so the plan for this evening is 4 or 5 miles run at whatever pace I feel safe at.

Seren - we have similar PBs at the moment so you ought to aim for 4.15 too image

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    USB - yes, she should

I reckon running in the snow is good for you and you have to work harder so the pace doesn't really matter - I did 9 miles at 11 minute miles the other day, and my HR was the same as it would normally be for a 9-9.30 minute mile run

• Options
    Just popping by to make sure that someones cracking the whip arounf here. image
  • Options
    plenty of whipcracking, I am going to attempt an outside run tonight , can't face another treadmill session, a few of us are going so it will perhaps be ok and cetainly a bit warmer here.
  • Options
    debbo - 11 min miling would be lovely but I suspect it will be slower.  Still just getting out in the fresh air will be nice.
  • Options

*pops in*

Looking forward to lurking on this and Seren's thread - aiming for 4.20ish at VLM.

Relieved to read Debbo's post re 11 min miling - all my snowy runs seem to have been between 11 and 12 min miling, was hoping it could be blamed on the snow! image

Good luck Bridget! 

• Options

Boy, that was hard.  Just over 4 miles done on packed snow, soft snow (when I missed the path in the park) and rather sludgy snow where the grit has been thrown up off the road.  Very few bits of clear road that were safe to run on.  A route that I would usually call undulating became hilly with snow on it!  Painfully slow too, averaged 12.45 mm image

Anyway, upwards and onwards.  Both schedules have a rest day tomorrow which I shall be moving to Saturday for fairly obvious reasons.  That means my choice tomorrow is 3 easy miles (4 hour schedule) or 2 easy miles or even a rest (4.30 schedule).  I will be up early (5 am) to take The Teen to work so will put my kit on and see if there is time for a couple of miles after I collect the bird from the butcher.  

• Options

Hi Bridget - well done on the training so far.

Belated Congratulations on being picked for Paris.

I think there have been a few communication problems and am presuming Bud will be in touch shortly.

• Options

Well done on your 4 mile hilly snowy run yesterday Bridget! I am too scared to go you there at the moment. Had a nasty fall lat year on ice and don't want to risk it again. Hope todays run goes well...good luckimage

• Options

Congrats on getting out, even if you're slower, you're still working hard - as some infamous supermarket says "every little helps". There's not a great deal of difference between 2 or 3 miles, so I'm betting that you'll manage to find time to do the 3m!

Have a good time, whichever option you chose.

• Options

great running bridget...image

I'm ahead of you on one thing..My turkey is already in the ovenimageimageimage