Options

ASICS Super Six: Bridget (Sub-4:15)

Comments

• Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

Quickly pops head round door......."Well done USB for winning the ballot - good luck"

• Options

Steve - thanks

seren - why?

*waves to Mr K*

Jeepers - well Plan A failed as drifted snow on the road meant it took an extra 20 minutes in total to get to and from MK to drop The Teen.  By the time I'd got the meat and got home it would have been pushing it to get even the 2 miles in and not be rushing to get to work (via the same road). 

I do still have Plan B which involves last minute medicals meaning that I can't get away from here too early.  Then Mr S will have to go to collect his mother without me and I would have the possibility of getting the run in before they get back image  Once she is there that is the rest of today gone image

• Options
    Goodness UBS....a complicated plan...hope it all works out!
  • Options
    That's why I don't usually run between now and New Year!
  • Options
    Ultra Sparkly Bridget wrote (see)

Then Mr S will have to go to collect his mother without me and I would have the possibility of getting the run in before they get back image  Once she is there that is the

. . .ideal time for VLSRimage

• Options
    Plan C I'm afraid.  We're about to go and get her
  • Options

USB........I always cook the turkey Christmas Eve as it makes christmas morning much easier and stress free.and easier to get the dinner on time.................image

sorry to hear that your run failed to be fitted in............the problem with families is that things do crop up....with this weather and the time of year i wouldn't worry....

enjoy the festivities.

Nadolig llawenimage

• Options
    i've already told Mr S I am getting up early on Boxing Day to run.  Hopefully I can use the road rather than the footpath
  • Options

Jeepers I like your style.  Excellent suggestion if you ask me.

Hope the outlaw behaved herself Bridget.  How long have you got her for?  Have a good and veeeeerrrrrryyyyyy long one this morning, you've definitely earned it.  It looks gorgeous out there - snowy fields, but clear roads and the sun's coming out.  Wahoo!!

• Options

I've been image

Took my headtorch but turned out that even just after 7 there was enough light to see where I was putting my feet.  Schedules said 6 or 7 miles at slow pace which is 10:54.  I did 6.11 and averaged 10:48.

The early start meant I could run on the road the whole way rather than battling with snow covered paths for 4 of the miles.  Due to the layers I was wearing I didn't look at my watch at all but just ran as felt comfortable and safe with the varying surfaces. That means the splits are a bit varied but seem to follow my usual habit of getting settled in after 3 miles!

1) - 1m - 11:21(11:21/m) - 102cal
    2) - 1m - 11:05(11:05/m) - 106cal
    3) - 1m - 11:13(11:13/m) - 104cal
    4) - 1m - 10:41(10:41/m) - 107cal
    5) - 1m - 10:23(10:23/m) - 106cal
    6) - 1m - 10:17(10:17/m) - 104cal
    7) - 0.11m - 1:00(9:27/m) - 11cal

Have a lovely Boxing Day everyone!

Hash - MiL is here till tomorrow.  We are going to drive over to Blenheim today.  Although it is unlikely that we will be able to get her out of the car at least we won't all be stuck round the TV all day and the kids can leap around for a few minutes image

• Options

Not wishing to pre-empt any mentor's comments, but those are great neg splits, Bridget, a nicely controlled run, particularly if you ran to feel rather than the Garmin (whoops, think that should have been Timeximage).  image image

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭

Well done for getting out there already USB, I am struggling to find the ethusiasm for a lsr just yet...image

I am aiming for sub 4.15 at VLM so will join you if that's ok. I did 4.25 at Abingdon in 2009 but no maras (or even much racing) since then. I'd love to do sub-4 one of these days, but 4.15 seems a more realistic target for the spring. Good luck with your trainingimage

• Options

Hi all, well done Bridget for getting out so early, you are not a million miles from me so I guess it was around minus 10?

Me and 2 friends got out at 8 for 10 miles, they are doing VLM and hope to do around 4 hours, it was a struggle to get them to go at a slow pace which I guess is around 9.50.

Still in the end it was average 9.17, I don't want them to make the mistake I did last year and peak too early or get injured.

I have sort of given up on doing the Gloucester Marathon in January, unless there is a real change in weather conditions its a non starter.

Have a good day all.

• Options
    Getting out so early was a necessity Rod as we were picking MiL up from the hotel around 10. You're right about the temperature, I had frost on the back of my shoulders! Really good feeling to get outside and actually do a run according to the schedule
  • Options

These are the ones you need to do, my glasses steamed up and then froze at 8 miles image

untill this winter I had never needed layers and always wore shorts, not this year. image

Has your mentor showed up yet?

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Morning and merry christmas to you all!

I was wondering the same Rod, about the mentor thing.

Well done on your run this morning Bridget - I'm feeling a bit delicate after a good family meal and then a rowdy late night with friends - still hoping to get out on my run in a while

otherwise I'm not setting a good example as a mentor image
  • Options

Looks like you might get a bit of a break weather-wise, middle of the week, but I notice that they're keeping strangely quiet after that.

Seems like you're going to have a whole bunch of mentors - all the posters on hereimage.

Do you have anything planned for today, or is it rest day?  X-training in the sales, perchanceimage?

• Options

Well I hope to get out for the first time in 2 weeks, once  the in-law have gone shopping and hubbie has gone out on his mountain bike.

I feel this will hurt.

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Well I deferred my lsr yesterday and just did some weights/core and a walk, so today I had to JFDI! 13.4 miles d&dimage 
  • Options
    Rest day today but there has been a variety of cross training. Hardest were taking MiL round the supermarket followed by the swift finishing of a cup of tea so that I could get Mr S out before he killed her! Getting parked in MK and finding a toaster was trivial in comparison.

Tomorrow I shall be at the door of the gym ready for them to open at 8. The schedule calls for 2 sets of 1.5 miles at 'fast' pace which seems to be just under 9 min milling. Not yet possible on the pavements round here.

Then it will be a swift pack and off to Dartmoor for 3 nights recuperation. I have told Mr S that I will go out first thing on Wed or Thurs to get one session done but will probably end up dropping the other.
  • Options

That all sounds like a good plan USB

I am so fed up waiting for the ice to melt - started raining earlier today and was hopeful but it didnt stop for long.

My gym doesnt open until Wednesday- desparately want to run off some of these excess cals! image

• Options
    Well done USB getting out so early and running, snow all gone now here so able to run on the paths again.image
  • Options
    rained briefly this morning but raining again now....hopefully will rain all night......will need to to make an impression on the snow still around....been here for 10 days and hasn't changed
  • Options

Bridget

good luck with it all

u know if u want anything to mail me anytime

• Options

Session done and dusted image

I may not be able to pop in much till Friday, depends on the WiFi

• Options
    Enjoy your break.  All snow gone down here in murky Hampshire, miserable and mild at the moment.  Bleuch.
  • Options

Good stuff Bridget.  Training for a marathon will be a doddle compared with some of the cross training you've been doing from the sound of it!  Have a lovely and well-deserved break.

• Options
    Have an enjoyable break Bridget the macdonalds wi fi can be relied on if there are any in Dartmoor! image
  • Options

if she listens to what they tell her, coupled together with her already pretty vast expereince, she'll blast it

she's not a new marathoner - she knows what it's all about,

but she has to find this extra pace , miss any miles ands has to find even more