Options

RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Minni- tut tut so much for tapering for GNRimage cracking LR. I'm seeing a noticable step up for you. Boston entry starts on 9th .

My 8.25m run included a 10k of 42.54 so happy with that too

• Options

Great work Daren - sub 40 sounds very doable

AA - fingers and toes crossed for you...

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

2 old - it's too soon to taper for GNR.  I'll likely to be doing another 16 next week. image

• Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Minni- thought you wouldimage

• Options

Hope the sprint tri goes to plan today AA and you finish pain free.

You'll get another sub-40 no problem Daren if that's what you're doing in a training run!

Bad news about the shed break in 2old, hope they catch the little scallys.  Nice running as always!

Strong 16M Minni!

No running from me yesterday, calf was sore again image I've also binned this morning's planned duration run as I've woke up and it's still sore.  I've been trying a bit of self massage and stretching which seems to help but it's still not right image 

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Oh no Carrot.  Definitely rest. A few days now is much better than pushing it and ending up out for weeks.  ICE!

• Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Carrot- a bit of rest should fix your calf

Daren- sub 40 is a certainty

AA- hope all goes well ttoday

good racing to those who are

• Options

Lovely early morning long run of just over 2 hours round the country park done and dusted. It is so much nicer to be able to do my long runs over there than round the suburbs of Norwich image

Nice strong finish to your long run Minni.

Oh no Carrot, hopefully a bit of rest will sort it out.

2Old - image about the shed break-in. That's rubbish. At least that cracking run should have got some of the anger out of your system.

Good luck AA - hope it all goes well and the PF doesn't trouble you.

• Options

Hi gang, just a quick check in, back from a wee break in Dorset, twas really lovely, no running but did do lots of walking and a couple of swims in the sea. Beautiful part of the country, will definitely be going back!

AA - hope the sprint tri goes well today.

Daren - nice long run, do you go around Thordon Park?

Carrot - hope the calf isn't too bad.

Minni - a fab 16 miler from you image

2Old - boo about your shed break in, hopefully they catch whoever did it! Nice running from you.

Sorry to everyone I've missed, too much to read back through but I'm sure you are all running well.

• Options

Hi all,

Carrot - saw Middlesbrough 10k but not sure yet if I am running it. It is a pb course so I should really give it a go. Hope your injury sorts itself out quickly.

04s - hope you are ok

Daren - your training seems to be going really well at the moment. It is great when everything is going good long may it continueimage

AA - good luck with the tri hope it is going well

2old - nice run, bad luck with the shedimage

Minni - nice 16 there.

Conditions this morning were ideal for a long run. The weather is cooler which I prefer and the winds were not bad. Did 17 miles and felt really good. Been doing long runs for a week and a half and nothing much else so its back to my regular sessions this week.

• Options

kiwi - looks like you had a lovely break. 

Daren - it must feel really nice exploring new running routes. 

Minni - sounds like a cracking 16 miler with a super fast finish. 

2old - nightmare about she's break in. Was it your road bike?

carrot - oh no no no. what have you done? Ice and a few days off. 

reading sprint tri. I knew I could nail the distances with no problem but have been really worried about the PF. Swim went well. I felt like I smashed the bike leg going past loads of people and not many going past me. The run was 3 laps of the lake, on grass. I seemed to be overtaking all the way with us being the last wave off there were 600 people doing the Olympic and sprint tris ahead of our wave. My heel started to hurt at the end of the first lap. It then didn't get any worse. It all went quite quick but now I can hardly walk... I didn't have a watch but my boy said I looked like I was running quick! Ah bless!! Gobsmacked to find I won my category of 40-sure must have been 4th or 5th woman. 

Decisoons decisions for next week now...

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Well done AA.  That's fantastic.  image  A few days to see how it is before next week?

• Options

Brilliant AA! Awesome performance image 

Kiwi, yes, Thorndon. I spend a lot of my life over there these days!

• Options

AA- fantastic result. imageimageFingers crossed for PF! 

• Options

2old - Rubbish news about your shed but very decent pace on your run.

Minni -  Good pace to finish off your run

Carrot - Take it easy with the calf, what pace were your 6 at HM, sub 1:30?image

SS - Better news on your calf, don't think Pinklady will need any encouragement to wait for me in a bar.image

Daren - Very pacy repeats, and not slacking on the intervals, when is your next race?

Shildon -  Good mileage from you.

AA - Congrats.  You need to have a serious think about the longer one.

• Options

full results out 5/90 women Overall. I'm really mixed up about what to do next week now. I'm in a lot of pain with my foot At the moment. Think I will find it hard to pull out o the run leg. But I've trained so hard on the bike and swim... image think I will give it a few days and see how I feel image

• Options

AA That's a brilliant result considering that you have been in pain! Yes, you have put in a lot of training & right to maybe rest & see how you go! image  Congratulations image

• Options

Barry, it's not for another 5 weeks - Southend 10k - but it'll be the first race other than 3-mile club races or park runs I've entered since I came back from injury so if I've got myself back into sub-40 form I'll be well pleased.

• Options

Well done AA - brilliant result. Have a few days off and see how it goes.

2old - bast*** thieves image

Carrot - hope the calf is nothing serious

i did a 20 today. It was rubbish image I think a few weeks of eating, drinking and not much running didn't help....

• Options

You've done brilliant this morning AA, congrats on the strong placing image Just shows how much your training over the summer has brought you on.  Hope the foot eases off a bit.  See how you get on this week, get that splint on again.

Sounds like a lovely long run Daren!

Middlesbrough is a good one to do Shildon, you know you want that sub-40....  Enjoy the return to speedwork this week.

Those HMP miles were only at current HM PB pace Barry. It would have been worth the dodgy calf if they were 6:50...

• Options

We did it! Feeling a bit tired but we have over 5,000 ft again tomorrow.

Congrats AA

Off to sleep........

Tourmalet is actually not a bad climb, just very long ascent with no breaks.

• Options
    kfc.kfc. ✭✭✭
    Its got a nice caff at the top too O4S! Nice biking.

Awesome tri AA, def sub 40 form Daren, and sweet pace on that 20 barry. Looking good.

Pink lady/Barry - When I did berlin we had a group of 8 runners and 10 supporters. The course is circular and the supporters managed to see us from quite a few points on the course. At the end we all met at the brandenberg gate on the finish straight - it was pretty straightforward and not too crowded when I got there (although that was after a 4.45 finish and a long chill out in the park - not sure what to expect when barry finishes) It was really sunny so we stayed there til our last runner finished - second last in the whole race!

The free after party is in a big hotel that night and is fun - we danced til they chucked us out, and the elite podium-ers get 'presented' to the crowd. We got to cheer Mutai for his WR and my mate harrassed paula til she signed her medal...

I can recommend a nice place for a soak the next day if you are staying, although comes with the warning that mixed naked bathing is standard out there.

So, BIG pb of nearly 30s at copenhagen parkrun - 20.42. Chuffed.

Beautiful course by the beach, with an out and back section that allowed high fives with my mate twice. She took nearly 2mins off her pb and as their usual cafe was shut, we celebrated with a skinny dip off a bathing platform in the sea with some of the other runners.

2old - thanks for your 19.xx optimism - that's a way off, but definitely a longer term target.
  • Options

AA congrats, an awesome result from you today!

KFC fantastic parkrun p.b you'll be buzzing.

Daren - thordon is fab for running, you'll defo go sub 40 at Southend, haven't done it for a couple years but if the course is the same it's a nice fast, mainly flat out + back along the seafront.

O4S you are crazy, but good to hear you're enjoying yourself.

back to school tomorrow, end of the 6 week summer holiday *sigh*!

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

KFC - that's brilliant and some pb! Well done! 

O4S - well done too. 

Spoons - well done on the 20. 

Well done everyone! 

• Options

Old4speed well done & good luck for today!

KFC Great Park run & thank you for the Berlin info. Any recommendation is welcome as we are not flying back to the UK until the following evening. I have been looking at the Marathon route to work out where I can stand & shout like a demented person & meet Barry at the end. image although I also like SS pub idea!

Spoons well done on the 20

No run to record from me as I have been ill all weekend. image

• Options

Nice PB KFC

• Options

Brilliant parkrun KFC image

AA - that's a fantastic result....just really hope the heel settles down. I'd definitely do the swim and bike at least, it would be a shame not to put the training into use.

Carrot - hope the rest does the trick with your calf.

Minni / Spoons / Barry / Shildon - great long runs image

Daren - great running....and remind me, which marathon are you aiming for? image

2old - that's a bugger about the bike image

15 miles for me yesterday, including some steep undulations (well as steep as Suffolk gets).  Just that little bit cooler outside which was nice. 

• Options

Freemers - At least let me have one race back before the marathon peer pressure starts!

Excellent PB KFC - that's a massive chunk to knock off over 5k.

• Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭

AA-outstanding tri -well done.Be careful with the heel though...dont end up  like me doing the 10k in May and making things worse. Yes it was my road bike-my pride and joy-I loved that bike though not enough to lock it/chain it in my shed-stupid me!!! Im monitoring Craigs List and Ebay to see if it appears .

Spoons -its still a 20

Pink-hope you're well now

KFC-dont think those few seconds is way off sub 20--nearly there ..brilliant-do you think you could have found those extra seconds with a little extra even if vomit inducing?

Daren-still suffering from marathon fobia I see

Free- nice 15-I was going to say your  Summer runs have been a bit up and down but that one was

Kiwi-Poor you having to go back to school, youll be needing a holiday in Octoberimage

So Im wondering-now I have no bike do I rush out and buy one -steal one?- and try to get a last minute tri in on Sunday or look for a  race somewhere? The run is edging it

Last month was an improvement for me running wise-151 intotal in18 runs so reasonably happy ( April 71,May 54, June 53, July 54). This time last year I did 242 in August so Ive still a long way to go