Options

The 2011 Marathon Tread

Comments

• Options

Morning Gobi,   Nice Streak.  You will soon lose the weight required.

5 Miles for me yesterday. Speed for 71% MHR was very pleasing for me. First time I have tested it for a while. Hopefully tonights Jog will be similar. Gradually building image

• Options
    I seem to be OK now so back to running club tonight.

Timing was perfect in that man-flu hit just after half marathon while in recovery.

I can now settle into base training after all that scary speed work.
  • Options
    I felt much better so ran 6.23 miles at 11 mm last night.  I was coughing by this morning and now feel crap again image
  • Options
    Enjoy you run mr spoons.

USB, (hugs)

I just finished another 5 miles and feeling good image
  • Options

USB- get well soon

Gobi- well done on the 12m- didn't understand the rest about turbo streaking!image

.Spoons- well-timedimage

6.39m recovery run for me tonight and my legs are still really achyimage. Might just cancel the planned xc at the weekend and stick to nothing but base for a while....

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I won't explain Jason :¬)
  • Options

Double day today 6 miles am and 6 miles pm image

USB get well soon x

Jason great running go get your vest

Kaz agree with Jason same weight but down a size is goodimage and a much better shape...

Spoons nice.

AGF well done on the run.

Gobi nice sessions, looking forward to including a few easy ones on the turbo after christmas...

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

(((Bridget))),

Hope it' doesn't come back.

--------

Well done on everyone's training.  No more running from me so far.  I'm possibly looking at quick run on Saturday before my parents come round and then maybe another one on Sunday.

• Options

Nice double NP and good speed there AGF.

Sounds like you need to take it easy for a bit jason.

kaz, USB & Spoons hope you are all feeling better. More snow here this morning. image

Good luck for the weekend run HY4.

Careful on the ice Gobi, that's why I'm on the treadmill, terrified of breaking something!

Did not get out last night but better today (apart from not keen on food yet) so did 7 miles on treadmill with 6 lots of 1k at 14.4k/hr off 200m recoveries. Felt great. Speed not there and HR high but first proper speed in ages.

F

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Ice smice I am a running machine !!!!

10.5 miles today and only a little glute discomfort all other body parts felt good. :¬)

Day by day.

Entered my first marathon of 2012 yesterday, it is in January :¬)

I agree muscle weighs more than fat so you are better conditioned Kaz

On my road though I actually need to lose weight, ah but then I look fat !!!
  • Options
    6.5 miles of hills last night at running club. All good image
  • Options

Just over 14 miles in the sun, rain, sleet and windimage Still a lot better than last years weather.image.

Fiona great workout on the treadmill.

Gobi, Ice smice I am a running machine !!!! like thatimage and nice running.

Spoons nice hill session.

• Options

Almost a foot of snow in my garden but forecast is for rain. image

Lots of running in the last 2 days NP. Might have to do doubles myself if on the treadmill as the longer runs are hard going!

Gobi image

Nice hill running Spoons - something else I must get back to.

F

• Options
    No snow here image

It's a bit warmer today in fact image
  • Options
    Snow here on the high ground, doubles just seem to work a treat for me, noticed the speed dropping off a bit with the increase in miles but am in a good place right now in the run up to Xmas. Weight now 10st 11lbs havn't been that since I was in my 20's lol
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭
    Well done on everyone's runs.
  • Options
    Fantastic weight mgt NP.
    Wow, that is a lot is snow Fiona... Working from home?
    In notts tonight, so ran with a running group from sweatshop located at a virgin gym. About 50 ran. 1 mile there and back plus 6 miles with the group was good fun. I normally run solo,so was a nice change and also found I ran a about 90 secs per mile faster than what I normally bimble about in. Might try to make that more often as I tend to stop over once weekly... Better than gym!! Happy... Now for food!
  • Options

Evening all!!

Well conditions here are terrible. Was going to attempt an outdoor run today but black ice everywhere and the gritters don't seem to be doing much?? I have resorted to the dreaded TM but like you Fiona I find longer runs on it hard?? Anything above 7 miles feels like a chore?? Why do I find TM harder than running outdoors???image

WK 1 of proper winter weather and I've had enough!!!image

• Options

NP- why do you want speed at the moment anyway?image

Resting today- both of my achilles are achy and tired - without doing big miles, so heeding the warning signs....imageimage It's been a big year and a long yearimage

Back tomorrow thoughimage

No snow here.... 

• Options

Just over 6 miles this morning, very windy very wet and cold second run of the day laterimage.

Jason, I am not worried about the speed side of things at te moment it was just an observation as the miles go upimage

Kaz well done with the training on the treadmill, when at work I have to use one other wise I couldn't get the miles in you will get use to it the more you use it.

AGF it's nice to run in groups and will help you to improve.

• Options

Blowing a gale now!! It will be treadmill tonight but the snow gone from town. image

AGF I drive a Subaru Impreza so no problems with getting around in the snow.

Agree that you will get used to the treadmill kaz - the 20 milers are the worst!

A well deserved rest jason.

F

• Options
    Speed will come NP image
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Did 50km on a treadmill once :¬0

NP - I can't talk weight with you around that is impressive. :¬)

I'm going running, progressive on the treadmill

Laters
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭
    Well done on everyone's training.  Hope the weather's not too bad up north.
  • Options

Well don't think its gales here  tonight.......... it sounds more like a hurricane!!! and torrential rain too lovely!!!image

Another day of the dreadmill - 10 miles, nice  and easy. The short powercuts added some interest!!image

Did lots of baking tonight with the children but made it  all with normal flour  and proper eggs so I couldn't eat it........How disciplined am I!! Truth be known I don't have any gluten free left or egg substitute and I wasn't driving the 35 mile round trip for  it!!!image

• Options

Well done on the TM 10 kaz. Did 8 miles with 6 at 7:06mm pace.

Wind close to here recorded at 150mph and far too much water for comfort with all that snow melting at once. image 

Made a big choc cake for folks in the office tomorrow.

• Options
    No hurricane here. Wind and rain but not too bad. 6.5 miles done at club. Hill session again.

50km on a treadmill? image
  • Options

Second 6 mile run done tonight with a few run sideways..... very very windy 3 m forward 7 back but effort wise a great workoutimage beats -18 and snow like last year.

Gobi enjoy your progressive run on the dreadmill.

Spoons nice workout.

Kaz well done on the dreadmill, also nice bakingimage.

Fiona nice pace on the dreadmil and baking as well MMMMMmmmm Choc cake........

I have two Christmas dinners tomorrow with lunch with the early morning swimmers and then the works christmas do on the night time, this will be me by the end of itimage.....

• Options
    Work lunch for us tomorrow NP. I'm having pizza image