Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

Nice work Gents, will see if I can outdo you Sunday image

• Options

DB, You just had to go one better image

Mrs D, Lets see what you can do  image

• Options

Full on dose of CBA here and feeling out of sorts with a dash of PMT as well.

I missed swimming this morning but hope to ride the bike at some point over the weekend.

• Options

Partly that Razor image, but I also wanted to get my Strava 10k Challenge done for January, but stupidly I stopped at 6.1 miles, slightly short of the full 10k. I'll get it ticked off today though.

Planning to get out on the bike tomorrow too, only done turbo sessions so far this week. Should be heading over to the Lakes next weekend with the MTBs to have a ride of the Whinlatter Duathlon course and do a ride by Ullswater that we love. Also be good to inject a bit of cash into the economy over there after the crap time they've had recently

• Options

I need to do 8 miles tomorrow too, think it will be a slow run/walk though I am a bit shattered this week.

Did 90 mins hard turbo last night and then this morning spinning class felt really hard! Masters swimming also felt hard, I think I am just a bit tired

having a nice relaxing afternoon now image

• Options

I did almost nothing this week - the lurgy took me out at the knees for most of the week.  Had to go to work on Wednesday - biked to the station and got off bike and had to have a sit down - I was knackered!  2.5k lol! 

Roll on next week!

• Options

So, in Maths club tonight. A Z2 walk/run as work has kicked my arse in the last two weeks and I'm shattered. Most chuffed as still managed 5.5 miles all under 11min/mile. Which is improving weekly image Turbo tomorrow and my week is complete! 

Nice work DB, hope the weather holds for your bike tomorrow! 

Hope you feel better small one!!! 

• Options

I.will run in the morning, hopefully about 7-8 miles, lets see what the weather will bring.image I don't think so.

• Options

it is sunny here razor! I am heading out soon, just going to let my breakfast go down a bit

• Options

It's sunny here too Maths , got out and ran 5 miles not too fast and managed to stay in Z2 but got a bit of a pull in my lower calf.  image

• Options

Mix of sunshine and showers for the mountain biking at Hamsterley Forest today. First proper mountain bike ride in god knows how long, and it was tough! Only did 8.7 miles with an average speed of 6mph but there were a couple of very technical uphill sections that brought the speed right down. Some good fun on the downs though once I started to get the skills back...

• Options

razor - not good news about your calf image

well done DBbeautiful chilly sunshine here and did 8.2 miles. Swimming tonight too image

• Options

-3 April Battlefield Duathlon: 10/40/5 ( Carrera – bici – carrera )

-17 April Duston Triathlon Sprint (750/20/5)

-5 May Emberton Sprint Triathlon (750/20/5)

-5 de June 3 Conties 100: 110 km en bici o Blenheim Tri Sprint.

-3 de July Stowe Triathlon: 1500/48/13 ( Nado – bici – carrera )

-11 September Stanwick Lakes Triathlon: 1500/41/10

-25 September Madrid Half Ironman KM0! 1900/110/21

Anyone joining?

https://tri4fit.wordpress.com/

• Options

Maths..... well done 8.2 miles impressive  image

• Options

Well done all for getting out in the sunshine.
    DB impressive MTB riding, I went out and did a mix of on and off road with the MTB, I had a spectacular fall over when the front wheel stuck in some very sticky wet mud, whole of my left side covered in the stuff and someone out running saw me. image
    Then I failed to spot the turning I needed to get back home and ended up going along a very muddy track that I had to get off and walk part of, only to find that I had gone a mile too far and was not prepared to go back, so ended up zooming down a long lane and going home the long way (4 miles), so one and a half hours to do 11 miles. But the best bit is that I enjoyed myself apart from the fall.

• Options

well done steady. I don't like mud much, specially on the bike! Far too skiddy

it was nice to be out in the sun today!

• Options

I'm struggling to find the time to do regular training so I was quite pleased with my 5ktime on Saturday. Its a local equivalent to the park run every 2 weeks I did it in 25.30 which was helped by me following an old dude who kept my speed up even though I struggled in the last 0.5km. I'm going to follow him next time too. And I got out on my bike as well.

Its good to see folk getting back to it or keeping it going (delete as required).

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Hey all. Great training from everyone as usual.

I'm determined to get back to running this year after all my problems with back and knees. Just need to find time to go and buy new trainers.My bike commute is a 10 mile round trip now which is helping and I've started doing Shred at home. Planning to check swimming lessons in the local sports centre that has a 50 metre pool. Lots of plans but really want to get started again.

• Options

pete - that's a good 5k time, well done

mikasa - good to hear from you! 

rest day today

• Options

Just got back in from a 4.3 mile run with a mate. Legs were somewhat heavy after yesterday's mountain biking and the climbs were a struggle, but the benefit of running with someone else to egg each other on got us both round when we were both ready to sack it off

• Options

Hey Mikasa!!! Nice work all! Steady, that sounds fun image

Taken a couple of days rest as absolutely shattered. Turbo in the morning image

• Options

Carlos, that's a good list...you do know that you are expected to post a race report for each one and it has to be funny...

Hey Mikasa - take it gently, don't injury yourself...not that I listen to myself at all.

Steady...Is your fall on youtube?  image

• Options

Couple of lazy days for me, back on it tomorrow. B&B booked for Pooley Bridge at the weekend, so the plan is for some mountain biking on the bridleways around Ullswater on Saturday, and then hit the trails at Whinlatter on Sunday to recce for the duathlon at the end of the month.

And my Oakleys arrived in the post today, impressive as they only arrived in the country at 2.30am this morning, yet Parcel Force still managed to deliver them before lunchtime. Mmmmm, shiny new Oakleys

• Options

Hi all,

Looking for your feedback,

Quick phone call - £50 Amazon voucher up for grabs!

Looking to revolutionise the coach-athlete distance training paradigm 

Email Capturedhq@gmail.com 

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

So last week my commute took me to 50 miles because of couple of misturns. So after going to work today I had to cycle 7 miles, couple of miles further than my usual route back, to get to 100 miles. So I did an extra loop getting back home but it wasn't enough so I had to go and do another lap. I really wanted to see that 100 in my log rather than nearly 100. Last time I bike commuted the whole week was last May so I must be getting fitter. Or just means I've had a break over xmas and feeling fresher and vb training has just started so not had time to get too tired yet. But now I'm determined to cycle the whole month to work.

• Options

Mikasa, I know what you mean, I was 200mts from home on my run this morning but I was 1/2 mile short of 5 mile so decided to run around the block to make up the distance.

I was out at 8.30 this morning and it was 0c and frost on the ground but it was brilliant sunshine   image so had to be careful on the smooth tarmac as it was like an ice rink, I also wore my running tights for the first time since last winter, so I was nice and warm.

• Options

evening

mikasa - well done

strangely I am not so OCD about needing my runs etc to be round numbers, I will happily stop at 7.37 miles for example!

did a virtual half marathon on Wednesday - strange because I wasn't sure about doing a 'virtual' race but it did motivate to get out there and do all the miles.

• Options

Pops in looking for motivation.
    Had to miss my swim on Tuesday to wait for delivery of the new washing machine. CBA the rest of the week, then planned on turboing before hairdresser appointment today, but that was up in the air as she had gone sick, so did a bit of housework, failed to get into garage and onto bike, but have now got 2 batches of stews in the oven for meals next week.
    Cycle club has cancelled all rides due to the forecast for tomorrow. Tomorrow is more house clearance of FiL property so another 4+ hour round trip plus sorting/packing/ taking to charity shop.

One plus for the week is that I weighed myself and have lost one pound since the beginning of the year.

• Options

evening

steady - tomorrow is going to be a tough day. Just count it as a cut-down week and back to it on Monday. Well done on the pound loss. I seem to be putting weight on despite doing loads of exercise and not eating naughty snacks! Oh well, could be water retention

spinning and swimming today. Swimming feels hard every time I go near a pool lately!