Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

living at the top of the hill means your house doesn't get flooded when it rains on all the flatness??

• Options
    That might be their reasoning. Going to attempt a run in the morning before heading back to Durham
  • Options

so, run happened then Puffy! Heard the bike was damp image

How did you get on Razor? 

Did the ride go ok Steady?

Ive had a crappy week at work. No training till shortened bike out today. Hopefully will pick back up this week. 

• Options

Yes we did end up somewhat moist on the bikes... Run was nice this morning, slow but forward progress was made.

Sucks for your bike ride MrsD, hope you get the issues sorted!

Just got home after managing to drop the hire car off *just* in time. Nearly didn't make it as someone was threatening to throw themselves off a bridge over the A1(M), but luckily were doing so over the southbound carriageway and not the northbound, so traffic was still moving on my side.

• Options

I swum and cycled and went to body pump twice.  Will try and add the run in next week - my knee has been a bit angry since I did that spin class last week image might just have to tape it and suck it up.

• Options
    Ulverston Tri 600 mt pool swim, 36k bike, 8k run,done in 2:46.tough bike leg described as unulating but a few tough hills in there. It was a low key event run by Ulverston Tri club and it was a great event.

Horse finished in 2:27 unaficial.

Will do a report soon.
  • Options

Top racing Razor and Horse! Get that report done, I need something to read!

• Options

Nice work Razor! I always worry when they say undulating image

Keep up the good work Buttercup. I'm hoping I get back on it this week. I have also put on weight - not happy image

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Mrs Digger, the ride was eventful. Completed it in just under 7 hours moving time. One unclip fail and fall off, resulting in a sore hand and a few bruises. Then about 20 miles from the end of 75 the left cleat would not engage so had 2 big hills up and one very long fast one down to do with only one fully engaged shoe, scary and ended up walking up the hills.

Day off work to recover and go buy holiday clothes plus get new cleats.

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Tuesday swim was not a good idea. The wrist hurts, so Pilates class this evening is going to be a challenge.

• Options

Here go'es,

Friday night I took the bike out to make sure it was ok for Sunday's tri in Ulverston rode 3 laps of the Salford Tri course and 15 miles later as I was 500mts from home I hit a pothole and punctured the front tyre, walked the rest of the way home. checked the wheel and found it was buckled, shit.

Saturday morning was a trip to Decathlon for a new wheel, I took my wheel with me so they could put the tyre and new tube on. The kid who was doing it pinched the tube so he chucked that in the bin and fitted another one. Went to the till and paid up £56. and made my way home knowing my wheel was ok for  Sunday,No got up Sunday morning loaded the gear into the van only to find front tyre was flat as a pancake, Shit. Anyway I made my Way to Horse's house and as we were'nt off till 1pm we had plenty of time to fix it but took a spare wheel that Horse had in his garage.Loaded the gear into his car and off we went.

Arrived in Ulverston at 10:30 and went to register and picked up number and timing chip, unloaded the bike but could'nt be arsed fixing the puncture so stuck the spare wheel on.The weather was cloudy with blue sky inbetween so it looked like it was going to be ok.

• Options

Swim.

24 lengths (600mts) just me and Horse in our lane and off we went, got out in 15 mins and ran to T1.

T1

Just socks,shoes, helmet and gloves on, Horse went without socks so was out 2 mins before me. T1   3:1/2 mins.

Bike.

The course was described as undulating but was soon to find out it was hilly. so set off for the 36k ride.and felt ok was going well then reached the coast road which is where the wind got up so head down and pressed on then my left tri bar slipped sideways and my elbow was sliding off so decided to stop to sort it. Set off again and saw Horse on his way back, gave each other a big aaarrrgghh as we passed each other Got to the turnaround point and set off up a long drag, got to the top and managed to get up to 32 mph on the way down but had to scrub some speed off to round a sharpish bend but loved it. then eventually back to T2. Bike 1:28.

• Options

T2

Change into trainers and Cap on and out. T2   1:1/2 mins.

Run.

This was an out and back 2 laps, 8k run so set off , legs felt like shit and took a while to settle down then got into some sort of running, it was'nt pretty, half way down the first lap saw Horse coming towards me and we high 5ved as we passed each other. first lap done and now to do it again, passed Horse again as he was off to the finish. completed the run to be met by Horse and some of the other finishers shouting C'mon Razor. and so to the finish line. Run 55mins approx.

Finished in 2:43:46

Had a great day on a tough course  and for a low key event was really well organised and it only cost £25.

Horse finished in 2:27:00.

• Options

Awesome stuff mate, well done. Sounds like a bargain that as well. Saw a few of the Ulverston Tri lads at Lakesman.

• Options
    Yeah they mentioned they had seen some pirates there, they were marshalling as well.

Took the wheel back on Monday morning, same kid there so I gave it back to him to fix, he took the tube out and there was a bloody big hole on the tube so he binned hat was going to fit a new tube when I noticed there was no rim tape on the wheel no wonder it punctured. So I told him to put the tape on all done now and I was' my going to pay any more.
  • Options

Hi All, hope everyone is well, I've not been on here for ages, I'm having a bit of a break from competing this year, had a nose op and attempting to build a bit of a base for next year and hopefully doing the double!

We'll be at Outlaw and the 226 supporting and attempting the Cotswolds Classic just to keep my hand in.

Lumpty and myself are doing the Ride London 100 on our new tandem too image

Hope you are all training and racing well, I'll have a catch up on the posts when I'm back at work image

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

yay, well done Razor! and Horse

Hi JP

training not been going well for me the last few days - had a cold, felt like crap and then just too busy and shattered the last few days. Back to it tomorrow properly - only a few weeks till Outlaw and I am lacking in long runs image

• Options

Another first for me in Triathlon, just got results from Sunday and I was LAST image in the male long course, and Horse was 2 places in front of me. He said he was'nt 3rd last he 17th overall so that makes me 19th.There was only 50 in total entered for the short and long course. I wasn't totally last, there was a lady that was slower than me that was Last image

• Options
    Actually dragged my sorry arse out for a run last night. Didn't go to plan and only ended up doing 2.5 miles but it was more than nothing which is what I was originally going to do. Entered Equinox 24 as part of a Pirate team so need to get ready for that. Going to aim for a 6 miler in zone 2/3 tonight
  • Options
    2.5 miles is 2.5 miles mate, I've not been out since Sunday. When is Equinox? Is it the most distance in 24 hrs?
  • Options
    Mid September, as many 10k laps as you can knock out on 24 hours aye.
  • Options
    No running for me tonight. Too busy being shit
  • Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

mallowpuff, I am sure you are not shit. Make sure you set aside half an hour tomorrow and have a little run, even if it is a crap one image

• Options
    Nah I am being shit at the moment. Hopefully it'll pass. I'll run and ride at the weekend
  • Options

Razor - you did a good job! You are as always my inspiration. Will never change!

Mallowpuff - you HAVE trained. Suck it up and crack on. Some people sit on their sofa every day and couldn't walk 2 Miles. You are not shit! Remember, it's all in the mind image

Hi JP - waves!!!

Steady - well done. Sounds like an eventful day! My OH always says it's not a sportive till I've fallen off image Sometimes I think we never give ourselves credit for what we have done. But, remember the rubbish bits! 

• Options

Maths - I've been lurgified also. Get yourself feeling better bird. No point flogging yourself to death! 

Ive managed a bit of bike this week. Looking forward to new job and more training times image 

• Options
    The shitness is nowt to do with training, I'll manage the races I'm doing this year
  • Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

mallow - hope you are ok

MrsD - when does your new job start?

• Options

You are right Mrs D, we only focus on our shit days when we should think back to our good days when we are feeling shit to give us a boost.

Mallow, chin up mate, I know you have lot going on in your life at the moment just try and find the positives and work on them.

On a positive note, I might have come last in my tri on sunday but I must have come first in my age group cos I was the only silly old sod by 30ish years taking part  image