Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options
    LollipopLollipop ✭✭✭

Well done Mrs D!

Pete, my garmin syncs fine using the little tiny ANT stick, but doesn't work using the bigger one.  No idea why!

Had an awful week and not felt like training at all, but managed 2 swims, a bike ride and have just ran 4 miles in 40 minutes.  I'm happy with that but want to get more running in next week.

Just looking at races... feeling the need to get something booked in but not sure what yet.

• Options
    LollipopLollipop ✭✭✭

Well done Maths - 6 miles counts as a long run as far as I'm concerned.

• Options

Well done for getting training done when not feeling it MrsL, it's always tough then. And well done Maths!

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Well done to everyone who did anything.

I did 2 rides this weekend. the first one was a Dustboy and fellow pirates ride, met the famous or is it infamous Barlos and Kanga, it was undulating and just under 30 miles, dragged Mr Steady along and it did not break him but he was worn out. Nice chips afterwards just before the rain.
    Then this morning was a soggy affair with the cycle club, 2 bailed out on route to go home to save having to cycle back out from the start as they were almost going past their homes, don't blame them at all. I ended up completing 37 miles and hosed down the bike and self when I got home as covered in dirt. My hands were all wrinkly like you get from being in the bath too long it was so wet.

• Options

Barlos? Definitely infamous.

• Options

tried the local equivalent of the park run at the weekend.  I haven't really run for 2 months and I was 2 minutes slower than usual...hmm...I'm loosing a minute a month without training...if only I gained it back as quickly image

• Options

So next week is back into the swim/bike/run image have been lifting the heavy things and the body is not complaining anymore image ftw!  

• Options

Huzzah!

Stick with it Pete, it'll come.

Lazy couple of days for me, nowt since Sunday. Back on the turbo tomorrow night for an hour I think

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

well done everyone

was about to head out for a run tonight, heard thunder and jumped on the turbo instead - thoroughly enjoyed it

• Options

So, a pootle on the bike for 50miles with MrD and LittleClown. Much drier than last weekend. Knees still not overly happy. But done. Back to training this week if knees allow image

Hope weekend going well for everyone and if racing - GO HARD!! 

• Options
    Well done MrsD. And MrD. And LC. Just some walking for me today. And tomorrow will be walking and wetsuit stripping at The Lakesman
  • Options

Well done guys.

5 miles run this morning at 9:47 pace and felt good, getting ready for Ulverson Tri next week with Horse.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

hi all

well done MrsD

mallow - hope you had fun at Lakesman

been a bit tired and stressed lately - work isn't helping but it is a combination of everything. Somehow managed to get up early and get a 12 mile run/walk in - it was really  slow but never mind, I did it, which is the main thing. Had 3 good faster runs through the week with hardly any walking, which I am really happy with - and is probably why today's was so slow. Haven't swum this weekend as I have just felt too tired...

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Usual Sunday bike ride but today I managed to have a "think I clipped in, oh no OUCH"  the pedal swung round and hit me on the inner ankle bone. Even had a repeat performance about 10 mintues later.

Need to be in one piece for next weekend when I do my first really long ride in training 70 miles ready for RIde London.

MC you did well getting some training in, you need a break from marking exam papers.

• Options

Just got home. Alarm went off at 3:30am and haven't had time to stop since. Voice is gone, feet are killing me, my back is sore from standing around and my hands are truly buggered from so much clapping. Awesome event though.

• Options
    Great supporting mate, well done.
  • Options
    mathschick wrote (see)

Hi Emma - didn't realise it was you!

Hi there Mathschick!

I ran in the rain on Thursday - absolutely soaked - but felt good in a weird way! Freezing when we finished though and had 2 boys and OH soaked and muddy after footy training when I got home too!

I hope everyone had a good weekend - my 8 and 11 year old boys did a triathlon yesterday. The 8 year old was hilarious as hadn't laid out any of his kit - left in in the blue sack provided and then he couldn't find the correct bag! My 11 year old was racing in his swim shorts against kids with tri suits and carbon road bikes (I kid you not). He really struggled on his cheap, heavy mountain bike but dug in, completed it and ran beautifully at the end. I am so proud of them both!

In other news I completed my first 70.3 last Sunday - wasn't sure if race report appropriate as haven't been a regular on the thread. Now realise i hadn't ticked box to receive notifications so have missed lots! Doh!

• Options

Mathschick - 4 runs a week sounds good to me. I have avoided swimming as I am a) lazy b) don't like getting in cold water c) can't be faffed with the whole car park, shower stuff shenanigans and d) decided to make a family curry and watch TV together instead of jumping in the lake last night!

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

TriTryEmmy please can you do the race report. I like reading about how things go and congrats to your boys for doing a tri.

• Options
    LollipopLollipop ✭✭✭

Where is everyone?  Are you all out training?

Hi TriTryEmmy, huge well done on your race.  We absolutely want to see a race report so don't think you can get away with it that easily!

I bought a road bike image.  Its so exciting!  I've never ridden anything other than my mountain bike/hybrid before so it feels very odd to ride but I love it.  It's going to take some getting used to but it's so fast and easy to ride.  No stopping me now!

• Options

Hahaha no training today just wallowing a bit - off to pump tomorrow and maybe a run on Sunday. 

Mrs L have you got a turbo? Can make getting used to the bike a bit easier at home - especially clipping in and out.

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

I have a long ride on Sunday to do. Will report back when done.

• Options
    I'm training tomorrow. Have to, driven all the way from Durham to Staffordshire to do it. Bike ride, maybe a run on Sunday before I drive back
  • Options

Thats commitment Mallow driving all that way for a cycle

• Options
    Aye. Hopefully I'll back it up by actually doing a decent ride. I'm here to drag another Pirate out on the bike
  • Options
    Ulverston tri tomorrow with Horse. Good luck with the ride Mallowpuff.
  • Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning all

sorry, I have been exam marking so not much time for posting

Emmy - well done on your 70.3 - please do a race report, we love reading them!

MrsL - new bike? exciting!

• Options
    Good luck to you both tomorrow Razor, smash it! Currently talking LittleClown into entering Lakesman
  • Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

good luck razor and horse!

• Options
    Due to somewhat inclement conditions that including cycling along roads that were trying to be rivers, we managed a total of 24 slow miles.

And who in their right mind, when surrounded by miles of flatness, chooses to live at the top of the only hill in the area?!