Options

RunLiverpool Marathon 2011

Comments

• Options
    LB - have you registered your Garmin at Garmin Connect.com? That's how you get the fancy charts image
  • Options
    Stublack,hills definitely help, i do loads and loads of hills and speedwork, they are your bread and butter when it comes to running, they make your race pace feel easier.
  • Options

where i live is nothing but hills! feel slow now! i was happy withn 3:15 for 22 today! thtas burst my bubble then!

i love my 405! it has its contary moments but its great!

• Options
    The 405 is a pain in the arse, in rain or heat if you don't lock the bezel it just goes off it's head,i used to love my 305 but it was just too clumpy.

JM, a 22 m training run, I'd never do a 22m training run and today I couldn't have run a step more than 20m
  • Options
    Jakesy wrote (see)

405 is easy to use, you show me yours and i`ll show you how it works, image fnar fnar

You're going to have to show me yours first....image

You can lock the bezel? I didn't know that! I don't even know how to move through the screens! I just poke at it and swear a lot when it stops showing how slow I'm going. I think the battery life is rubbish too. And it locked last week at 19.6 miles and I couldn't charge it, move it or do anything with it. Maybe I locked the bezel? LOL!

I really don't like it. I liked my 205 but it's a bit heavy and I always felt like I was wearing one of those communicator things Spock wore in Star Trek....image

Interesting what you say about the 22m Jakesy. A lot of people these days do a 22 miler as their last biggie. I've never done one either. I know people who've actually put 24 milers in "just to prove they can go the distance" before the day. Believe me, I think 20 is far enough! I've never had a problem with the last 6 miles, I start to feel better at 20 miles because my brain goes into "it's only a 10k" mode and for some reason the last 6 miles have been pretty adrenaline fuelled so while I wanted to cut my own head off at 18 miles, by 20 I'm skipping along! image

Aren't we odd?image

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    I wondered where everyone had gone. If you didn't want a woollyback on your thread you only had to say image
  • Options
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

Aren't we odd?image

Yes YOU are image.

As a triaferlete shouldnt you have a 310? - the battery lasts about 16 hrs and no problems with heat, cold or water.

I have similar thoughts between 17 and 20 miles, mainly because we regularly do a 15 mile/2hr run for IM training  and after that my body wants to know why I havent stopped, after 20 miles you can start counting down as you know there is less than an hour to go.

• Options

i got my program from rw and it has 2 22m runs on it! two more weeks and then taper for me till april 17th. feel surprisingly ok today, a few aches and pains but good!

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    JM, 2 x 22 milers? You must be a speedy peep then image

My 3 mile recovery run was very pleasant today although it's gone very cold again with a bitter wind. Brrrrrrrr image
  • Options

Blimey, you guys are hardcore with all this chat about 20+ milers.  Can I ask how many marathons you've tackled?  09/10/11 will be my first attempt.

Furthest my little legs have ever carried me is HM distance.   I'm a fan of doing the full distance in training, rather than relying on finding something in the tanks on the big day. 

I love my Garmin 305, it does indeed feel like Scotty could beam me up at any time - if only.image

• Options

Alan - where were you today? I brought you cake and everything!

The lovely Yvonne was as gorgeous as ever. I told her to get herself a proper man, but she seems to want you.image

• Options
    He was probably filling in holes in Sefton Park. 
  • Options
    Oh you should see the section that's been resurfaced Stub! I had a little car dance on it earlier! It's like a dream! image
  • Options
    That's this weekend. I was out advising local businesses about the event and how little the road closures will affect them!
  • Options
    I noticed the advance warning signs are up. Yvonne never got off that phone! She's a busy girl and deserves a nice holiday after this!
  • Options
    Cakes were very nice, in fact our MARATHON TRAINER (Richard) had two. He is big though so can manage two quite easily, ooohhh matron!
  • Options

no not speedy at all!! more of a plodder! but felt that before i hadnt done enough long runs and i suffered for it.

ive done 2 marathons before.paris 2009 4:24 just happy to finish. Dublin 2009 4:20 which i was very unhappy with. was 2:50 at 20 miles and cramped up and took 1:30 for last 6!!!

spent last year working on halfs and my speed. got my half pb down from 1:57 to 1:43. not much speedwork recently due to an injury so not willing to push it at the mo. but doing plenty of tempo stuff.
    My training partner is an ultra runner so i end up doing extra miles morew than my program at times. i feel im a stronger runner than 2 years ago and yesterday i could have went the extra 4.2!! im optimistic about my A target which is 3:50 in krakow. but 3:59:59 would be great too!!

• Options
    Steve's annoying good looking isn't he? Must be tough for you to have a fitty in the office! image
  • Options

I did Dublin 09 John! I thought I was seeing things at one point as Jade Goody's mother started shouting messages of encouragement image

I bet you missed that didn't you?

• Options
    Alan Rothwell wrote (see)
    Cakes were very nice, in fact our MARATHON TRAINER (Richard) had two. He is big though so can manage two quite easily, ooohhh matron!
    I said one each! Did he eat Yvonne's?
  • Options

I meant to have a look on Saturday but after I'd emptied Marantos of spare ribs I forgot.

i'm impressed by all the 20 milers people are getting in, I only managed 1 before last years VLM and it wasn't enough, big lesson learned for Octobers marathon

• Options
    I'm doing two for London. I intend to see what Richard has planned for the runliverpool marathon training programmes before deciding what to do about this one. I'm looking forward to trying something new!
  • Options
    I like to get 4 or 5 x 20 milers before a marathon, I`m training for Edinburgh at the moment thats why im doing 20`s now and i want to have a crack at beating my pb which is 2:54:04 set in London 2008. Liverpool marathon will be my 8th full marathon,i`ll only have 5 weeks to train for Liverpool cos i`m gonna be sitting on my arse for 2 months in Spain topping up the tan for the race photographerimage, so I intend to just jog around the course and enjoy a race for a change
  • Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    I've done 3 x 20 milers in prep for Brighton and feel that's about right for me.

I fancy a different schedule for Liverpool too image

IL, I've done 20 marathons and 2 ultras and I'm doing 4 marathons this year. Be warned, they are addictive image
  • Options
    Liverbird, i missed that! i was busy dying!!
  • Options

Jakesy - you get round a 20 in less time than it takes us mere mortals to do a half love!

By the way, I'm going to sleep with you under my pillow tonight. And put Alan on the dartboard.image

• Options
    It's a great photo Jakesy! I can see why they "choosed it".... image
  • Options
    John Murpski wrote (see)
    Liverbird, i missed that! i was busy dying!!

I remember thinking "I'm halluncinating here" so I shouted her name and she turned round and even read my name on the back of my Liverpool shirt!

It's right up there as one of the weirdest moments of my life.image

• Options
    paris 2009- in the pub after one of the people from the paris board i met up with said ' did you see the camels??' i said yes in the park with a circus by the roadside but kept it to myself cause i thought i was hallucinating!!!