Options

Chippenham Half-Marathon

124»

Comments

• Options

Loz - Still good running mate, I think we all struggled during the last few miles.

Kevin -   Any chance of reversing the route so we can run down those inclines at mile 11 and 12 rather than up.image

• Options

Barry - I think that might be a good suggestion about reversing the route. Ok not exactly, you'd have to do something different at the start but I reckon it would make this race near perfect.

The wheels came off for me after half way and was 2 mins slower (1.28.xx) than 2 years ago, partly because of the wind but probably mainly because of lack of fitness. Too many weeks off in August methinks.

Olbury Power Station 10 miler next - now that IS a flat race.

• Options

Well done to all of you that took part on Sunday - it looked hard!

I was taking photographs just before the 6 mile mark and am in the process of uploading them to the following address, where you can view them and purchase any that you like. 

www.photoboxgallery.com/chm2011 

The photographs are grouped by race number order - so far race numbers 0 - 250, 251 - 500 and 501 - 750 have been uploaded.  I should finish up-loading the remaining images tonight.  Please have a look and see if you can see yourself there.

• Options

Andy -   Thanks for the link, photos ordered.

• Options
    Kevin- If you're still out thereimage Looking at the results, it looks like around 25% of the field (2000 limit, wasn't it?) DNS- is that right???? Seems very high....
  • Options

Jason - Yes I am always here!! The number of people who did not turn up on the day was slightly more than in previous years but roughly what you would expect.Popular races that sell out early do tend to have a higher drop-out rate.

The actual % of people who did not turn up on the day was 26.15%.

• Options
    Wow- you must be snowed under with great quality technical teesimage