Options

Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Options

Happy ‘belated’ Birthday Grendel. Hope you had a great day, although the fact you managed to squeeze in 9 miles suggests it got off to a fantastic start! I think you’re entitled to overindulge after that effort.

330, I know how you feel about getting attached to a certain shoe. I always try and buy the older model, usually at half the price of the latest colour. I used to wear Wave Creation’s but now stick with Saucony. It’s difficult to change when you find something comfortable.

Lisa, I used to think the schedule was god. That it had to be followed and if you missed a run it would all go wrong. I am now far more relaxed and find short term goals easier to relate to, especially when running isn’t everything in my life. I have a wife and three kids and plenty of other things to squeeze in. Unlike some things, running will always be there, even if you leave it for a short while (although this year I will attempt to avoid doing just that when my alarm goes off). Like the idea of getting out twice in one day, never done it myself but will make it one of my short term goals leading up to the Grizzly. Nice re-route there and I can relate to the toenail, as I expect the rest of the thread can too.

B2B, shame to hear about the band but if it free’s up more running time then J Nearly at 700 for the year, good on you.

Mummysaurus, I like Jeff Galloways training methods, especially the walk breaks! My 10k pb was set with walk breaks and I am going to be using them for my training a lot as I warm up for the Grizzly where constant running is impossible for anyone, especially through the bogs and some of the near vertical climbs.

5000 posts and still going strong Grendel. Can’t believe it. Long may it continue, although it’s given me a kick up the backside as I have not achieved nearly enough since it started. Time to crack on next year.

Right, think that’s at least caught with recent posts. Posting a day late again but on a positive note another run to add. Still including walk breaks at the moment but yesterday felt like a big improvement. Kept the pace nice and easy (10:00mm), ran through every puddle I could find, along lots of muddy grass banks, through two fields and seemed to feel much stronger too. Three miles in and rather than starting to feel it I started to settle into the run. Finished very strong and to be honest don’t really feel like I’ve been. That’s got to be good. 5.73 miles D&D.

Have treated myself to a new bit of kit, but not the usual sort! This bit of running kit is the form of a new alarm clock. It’s one of those Lumie clocks which gradually lights up the room, waking you up more naturally. I have used it two running days so far and not sure if it’s the clock or the fact I’m on holiday but I feel very awake when it finally beeps.

Dec - 24.25

2013 – 526.47

• Options

Short term target, more regular and therefore shorter posts from me image

• Options

Well done JR! Maybe you just needed the break? Keep going on the short term targets and find the fun again image From the band side of things, as it was a natural progression we both dont really feel too sad about it. It just feels like it was time. Jay is doing a lot of performing arts and I am plugging away with the running and writing....not sure if I mentioned that in here yet?

• Options

5000 posts WOW that is awesome 

Went to the gym, only managed a couple of miles, nothing seemed to feel right, legs were tired from the bike yesterday, socks were rubbing my feet and started off way too fast and never really got into a proper stride, I know we all have a bad run now and then so just trying to focus on what I can learn from this one, just a bit sad that this was my last run for this year, would of been nice to of been a good one image

• Options

+ 1,+  2 or whatever for old shoes!!! have got two pairs of Saucony something or others in the back of the car waiting to be bought into play - am in 3rd place in the challenge so that is the target - I will do another 12 tomorrow and then for the rest of the week will rest - recover and plan ahead.

• Options

Lashing down with rain and howling winds this morning, so I wimped out and went when it had died down a bit. Won't have that luxury when i'm back to work next week so happy to make the most of it.

3.58 miles done at 10mm. Felt good and just concentrating on getting the miles in and time on my feet for now. 10 weeks to go until the Grizzly so my new short term target is exactly that. Hills, muddy fields and pain will be my friends for the next few months.

B2B, maybe the break was what I needed although I need to start taking a break after i've actually achieved something!

Dec - 27.83

2013 – 530.05

• Options

2013 finished - 12.03 done this morning just to try an get into the top 4 of the challenge (failed) - 20 miles clear of forth - time for a break now a very easy few days before looking for a challenge for 2014. (which has to be speed!!!)

• Options

Well done JR and Grendel. What a year Grendel, could you post a list of monthly mileage, would love to see

I will get a run in yet !! My daughter was off to Middlesborough for New Year and train left Glasgow at 9 only to be cancelled, so panic stations.

The fault was between Glasgow and Edinburgh - found out at 8.30 there was another train at 9.30 so had to drive her into Glasgow - come back pick wife up from work now off toWaitrose. Then FINALLY get out for the last run of 2013 !!

• Options

I have it on a spreadsheet' 

Will calculate it and post 3:30

• Options
    Happy new year everyone! Im going to take a day or so to rest so I will just miss out on 700 miles this year, ah well not bothered really. 2014 is about quality!   Short blog to wrap up the year! http://cardiosaurus.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/so-how-was-2013.html    
  • Options

Did get out 5 miles in 50:20 - not to shabby

Felt a twinge in my left hip but nothing to fret over. New shoes be here soon as old ones quite worn now. So that's running done for 2013, not the miles I wanted but always next year

Dec - 20.7

2013 - 460.2

Happy new year everyone. What a great thread, great inspiration and good friends made. Lets make 2014 even better !!!!

• Options

Happy New Year To Your All, thank you for your support in 2013 really looking forward to my first full year running and looking forward to sharing it all with my online family 

• Options

First run of 2014, a leisurely, lethargic 2 miles'.  May I wish you all a happy new year, and may all our dreams and wishes come true.

• Options

Happy New Year everyone.

I posted a few targets last January, not even going to look at how many I failed to achieve. This year I will try to have one target at a time. First up, four runs for the week. Day off today (my head hurts!) so Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

Cracking mileage you put in last year Grendel. Good luck with the speedwork.

Well done on getting out 330. Let’s make this year the one eh?

I like the word ‘quality’ B2B. I will add it to my running schedule poster I am drawing up. Will post a pic once complete.

Enjoy your first full year MS. J

• Options

Had a weigh in today and it didn't look good. I have put on about 4 1/2 lbs over the last month. My lack of running and love of the sofa a clear suspect. My weight is now 88.7kg, my target is 83.5kg. I would like to hit this weight (worked out via Runners Worlds very scientific ideal running weight calculator) over the next 10 weeks, just in time for the Grizzly. 

• Options

Happy New year everyone! Hope you have a great year of running and achieve the targets you're aiming for, however big or small! 

• Options

Must be early January as I raise my ugly head and start (almost) from the beginning again.

Good to see some friendly faces still on here, credit to you guys.

After only managing a paltry 90 miles last year I intend to make this year more productive. I need to find an early race to set myself a target. Going for 365 miles this year. An average of one a day can't be too hard surely? As long as I avoid injury.

Will try and get out for the first plod this evening. Small steps and all that.

Happy New Year to you all image

• Options

image BEACHBALL!!!!!!!!! Welcome back!!! image Glad to see you back and giving it another go!

• Options

Welcome back Beachball imageimageimage Great to see you back, look forward to an update later. Good luck.

I'm going out for a run in a minute in glorious sunshine. There will be some puddles for sure and one or two roads may not be passable but i'll worry about that when I get there. 

• Options

5.21 miles for me today. Took the hilly route, the sun stayed out all the way and one fantastic first run of the year. Nice easy run tomorrow followed by something longer on Sunday. image

Jan - 5.21

• Options

Quick trip to the gym this lunch time and squeezed in a 4.5k, hamstring not to bad need to book a deep tissue kicking image 

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand we are off!

2014 - 2.79

• Options

Welcome Beachball and good luck with your 365 

Nice running JR

Met up with B2B at the gym for his quick lunch time run, only 3.55k for me but happy to of started off the new year

Can I join in the RW. Vs Fetch thingy this year? If so where do I go/what do I need to do 

January 2.2 

• Options

(Removed link)

Just sign up image

Actually scrap that, the link shows last years....

• Options

Thanks JR I will wait till it's updated image

• Options

Hey folks,

Thanks for the warm welcome back as always.

First run of the year was tough but felt great afterwards. 2.2 miles in a very pedestrian 25 minutes.

Hopefully manage another slowie on Saturday.

Keep up the good work all image

2014 - 2.22

• Options

Getting nervous and excited now! 4 weeks to go on Saturday till the Thames Trot 50!! imageimageimageimageimage 

• Options

And there's me worrying about only having 9 weeks until a little 20 mile off roader. Thanks B2B, you have just made me feel very relaxed. image

2.2 miles in 25 minutes! That's not to be sniffed at Beachball, especially after  break. I'd say that's pretty spot on pace for now. The next few runs (as you know) will get easier and you'll be down to around 10m/m in no time. Take it easy and good luck. 

Will have to wait for the wife to get home from work for my run today as she has a training day. Will keep it nice and easy again but yesterdays run was very encouraging as I really seemed to settle into a nice easy rhythm. 

• Options

Always here to help JR ha ha ha! image

• Options

Welcome back Beachball.

Good luck eveyone with your various goals and challenges in the coming 12 months.

just little jogs at the moment - 3 miles or so - time then to start hitting the quicker stuff on Monday.