Options

Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Options

well done beachball!

Well I decided to just go ahead and buy a bigger size of Luna as mine are just a little too small image Oh well I guess I have a spare pair now for short runs? Unless someone is interested in giving them a whirl! They are a USA size 8 but for me come up a little small. I am a shoe size 7-8 so at a guess would suit someone with around a size 6-7 foot.

I have only worn them twice, gave them a good scrub in the shower last night and they are as new, they were £95 but open to offers if anyone is interested image

• Options

Beachball, good on you. image

B2B, try eBay for your sandals?

Well, after a two week Christmas break I went to bed last night prepared for the return to work. Had everything laid out ready for this morning and then proceeded to lie in bed for about three hours unable to sleep. Got to the point where a 5am start was not on the menu so rescheduled my run for this evening. Will be out around 8pm.

• Options

Lisa - I normally just wipe my shoes over - get ant road debris off - never put them in washing machine though. Always seems a shame new shoes this time of year - normally covered in debris and water splashes after one run !!

Well done on your 10 - at a great pace as well !!

JR - Most comfortable shoes "out the box" I have ever had - very light as well, Mizuno has come on leaps and bounds over the years

BB -  Well done on getting out you seem to be improving nicely

Mummy - Know what you mean some of the physio trips can be hard work - hope its working for you l

Had to drive my daughter to a Uni interview today at Teeside Uni  - up at 3AM four hour drive. Didn't think would get a run in but she drove back so got in shoved the kit on and out for 4.75. So now 11.95 miles into my 1350 target for the year !!

Next Uni Stop Liverpool next month

• Options

JR - yeah I think that was my next port of call, thought I would give you guys first dibs image

• Options

5.13 this morning, again slightyly quicker than of late. Kept off the sea wall as much as possible and ran inland today so quite enjoyed that as a change -

Had to make a 'pit stop'  on the way and went down a little country lane for some privacy and bushes. Did you know that stinging nettles still sting in winter?  and 4 hours later still are!!!

• Options

330 i would never put my trainers in the washing machine..i made that mistake with normal (non running) trainers years ago, they were never the same. I usually just brush them down with soapy water. Well done for fitting in a run!

Lol Grendel!

• Options

ha ha ha Grendel who knew?! Well you do now! image

My replacement Luna arrived this morning! Speedy fast! image

Cant wait to get my bare feet in my bear feet! image 

• Options

5.86 tonight in the rain

10 mins miles so slower but hillier route

• Options
  • Options

Thanks Grendel

Third run in new shoes and their filthy already. Be good to actually get out for a run in the dry rather than getting soaked !!

• Options

Thread moving on quickly through January. image

Everyone seems to be flying at the moment, long may it continue. 

Grendel lol 

Nice easy 3.7 mile run last night although sub 10 minute miles on a fairly undulating loop so pleased. Ran very relaxed and starting to feel like i'm getting into the swing of it. Was tempted to go out again today but will keep the powder dry and head out again tomorrow. Have a feeling a really shit day is in store for me at work tomorrow so may save my run for later and de-stress.

Jan – 19.1

• Options

Well done on getting out JR.

Have started adding my miles to the RW challenge as all up and running for 2014

• Options

Well done everyone, Grendel hope the stings get better soon

Went out with B2B tonight for a 3.5 mile very soggy run through the fields and woods, two great big kids splashing in puddles loved it

January - 10.2

• Options

Mummy

Raining here when I was out - cant be much more to come down !!!

• Options

330 we were really quite lucky the rain stopped this afternoon but where we were there was puddles that were deep enough to go over the tops of my shoes of course B2B was in his element in his new sandals 

• Options
  • Options

Stings had finally gone last night took all day!!!

Don't mind the rain, what I hate is the constant wind and it's coming in off the sea at the moment so there seems to be no respite on my out and back runs image

5.3 miles runs today still seem to be moving along nicely but feel shattered for some reason. Would dehyrdation cause that anyone?

• Options

Hello everyone !  Missed me?  I thought not image  .

Sorry have not popped on too much , christmas and new year activities overload but surprisingly running hasnt suffered too much .

So much to catch up on in this thread. Seems everybody has had a great start to year . Well done.  Thought I would give you a little update on my progress , Have set my new longest run distance without injury at a whopping 4.3 miles in 43.10 mins . image

Been out for a 3 runs so far this year.

3 Jan 4.3 miles in 43.10

5 Jan 1.37 in about a week (Went out with Mrs DS who is coming back from Injury)

6 Jan 3.27 miles in 32.38

Planning on getting out tonight with 4.5 miles a target on Friday .

Plans for this year is to run 500 miles and run the Ipswich half marathon in September with a few 10k runs/fun runs thrown in .

• Options

Grendel - sure can! Try over the next few days of drinking a little bit more water, dont go nuts just a little more than usual. Could also be a little low in vitamins, have a couple of days with water dense fruit and some high quality food image If nothing else you will just pee a little more image If thats the goal (detox idea) change your tea or coffee to green tea as it is more of a diuretic and will help flush your system a bit.

*waves at DS* image Some great running going on, well done!

• Options

Good running there DS - like the idead that when you ran with Mrs DS you took a week.

Will try to drink more. 

• Options

have a look at energy boosting food as well

• Options

DS - Well done. Good to have a target to aim for

Grendel - B2B. Yup one of my sins dehydration, as I work from home diunk gallons of tea but not just plain water. Think I need to hydrate a bit more during the day with plain water

• Options

B2B - Have been reading about Chi seeds in Born to Run and seen on your blog that you use them. Whats your receipe and are they any good ?

• Options

They are amazing! Great for hydration as well image

You can use them in squash if you want to just give it a go. Put in a little bit of squash first THEN add the chia or it sticks to the glass, top up with water and give it a good stir then leave it to swell up for about 10-15 minutes. You will be able to see it has got bigger, give it another stir and sip away! The consistency puts a lot of people off, if you find it tough, stir it about and take a gulp so you just swallow it like a shot image

You can use chia in loads of other ways as well, I use it in my egg sometimes. 1 tablespoon of chia is the same as 1 egg so if you are making an omelette for example, crack 2 eggs into a bowel and add 1 tablespoon of chia. Leave it to rest for 10 minutes. It doesnt seem to swell quiet as much as in water. Then just cook your eggs as normal.

Add them to bread if you are making homemade.

Add them to smoothies! They work really well like this as they are just a bit like raspberry seeds.

Mixing them in yogurt is also a great way to try them.

Keep in mind that the chia is REALLY filling, you may well find that you can only handle half a yogurt with a spoon of chia in it! 

Have a look at some traditional recipes as well, chia is really quite versatile image

• Options

"crack 2 eggs into a bowel"  (how does that work then B2B - straight into the bowel - do you use a spoon or some sort of pump arranagement?)

• Options

ha ha ha best typo ever!! image

• Options

B2B have read some where about Dr Peppers and Chia seeds or did I dream that?

• Options

lol yeah that was maybe on my twitter if you follow me image Just water it down so it goes flat and put it in a throw away bottle as the seeds tend to get stuck in the ridges image

A more healthy option is lemon juice, water, honey and chia.....ill come back with a link.....

• Options

http://www.nomeatathlete.com/tarahumara-pinole-chia-recipes/

This page is perfect as it also shows pinole as well! (thats cornmeal to me and you) image