Options

Disney 2012

Comments

• Options
    We are flying from Gatwick with BA. How about you?
  • Options

Slowies a virgin from Manchester the same as me. image

Bags are out and ready to go...apart from the gels & jelly beans which we realised last night we'd forgotten to pack...oops!!  And the cowboy/girl hats which we've got to try and work out how to fit in the case without squishing.

Off out for an easy 4 today and then that's it...apart from maybe a leg loosening mile or so along the track around the hotel.  *bounce bounce bounce*

Not long to go now, hope the ankle is ok Slowie.

• Options

have nice flights every1, we fly virgin from manchester too, but on thursday image

going to put my gels in handluggage anyway with my running shoes (suitcases go missing and don't want to lose those, lol)

• Options
    We're taking 2 pairs of runners... 1 pair in the case and 1 pair on our feets... we've split all our stuff 50/50 between our cases so if one of them goes missing we've still got at least one set of running kit each.
  • Options
    good thinkingt caz... i think to be honest there might be more than 1 pair of runners sneaked into my luggage image just don't tell my mrs, I keep telling her "travel light, take only stuff you're gonna use" lol
  • Options

Jp

Make sure you don't put too many gels in your hang luggage there is still an 100ml limit and gels count so be careful

Managed 17k on a cross trainer this morning heel is tender so will get some physio at the expo and then buy some tape but regardless I will finish even if I have to bounce along with Caz

I'm putting my running gear in my case if it goes missing I get the chance to buy new stuff image 

• Options

17k.... well done, still not taking it too easy, lol

gels i use are lucozade 45ml each, the 100ml is the pack size, you can take multiple packs upto about 1000ml I think it is. I have taken 7 or 8 overseas before and there has been no problems, the rules are very bizzarre!!

• Options

happy new year all

bags packed, and getting ready  to travel to Gatwick this afternoon. fly out tomorrow morning.

hope to meet up with some of you in Disney World; if you see a pirate, that'll be me I guess. I answer to ATOM image

• Options

How about we try to met up at the expo Thursday  (those that are there)

The expo is held in the Milkhouse at the WWOS I intend getting there about lunch time so shall we say about 1pm by runners registration 

I will be wearing an inaugrnal Goofy tshirt (only time i wear it  its light blue)  Or could all meet up on Friday if thats better ???

SF

• Options
    We will be Jessie & Woody on Saturday and Bingley Harriers on Sunday (blue & white hoops)

We'll have been and gone by then on the Thursday, planning on just picking our packs up and having a quick skeg on the Thursday before heading off to Universal and then going back for a proper look around on the Friday.

We're planning on going to the ESPN club on Disney's Boardwalk for a beer or two or three on Sunday if anyone is about and fancys falling off their bar stool with us. image
  • Options
    CazSoul wrote (see)
    . We're planning on going to the ESPN club on Disney's Boardwalk for a beer or two or three on Sunday if anyone is about and fancys falling off their bar stool with us. image
    Sounds like a plan  save me a stool
  • Options

Consider it done Slowie. We've checked and they sell pitchers of beer.... no point wasting energy going backwards and forwards to the bar. image

• Options

True   5 each it is image

Anyway likely to be high 70s at the weekend so don't forget the sunglasses & sun lotion image

• Options
    it would be lovely to meet up at the ESPN bar but as we are staying off site and most probably will be in a state of collapse on Sunday I doubt if we will will be physically capable of driving over - but never say never!

Best of luck to everyone can wait to hear how you all get on

• Options

I think we're the same MM, beer sounds very good, but staying off-site and I'm the only driver of the hire car image ...... not the best planning in the world!!

What time you planning on setting off to Disney and arriving MMinnie? It's a tricky one, I don't want to be there for hours and hours before and in the middle of the night, but I don't want to miss the race, lol , if you know what I mean image

... oh and current temp in Orlando is 3C but feels like -2C as at 1pm... almost like being at home!!

• Options
    we're not really sure what time to set off JPAtko. Same as you - dont want to get caught up with road closures etc on the way in. We are planning to take some guidance at the expo on what time and which gate to aim for.
  • Options

I normally arrive around 4.30am its a 10/15 minute walk to the start from the baggage area

I'm staying off site at a villa on the US27 so will be driving to and from

• Options

Arriving at 4:30? do you think that's do-able slowie with parking/ road closures etc? I have no idea, I was thinking of arriving about 4:00am-ish and thought that might be cutting it fine hahaha.

I think we are about 15-20 mins away just off the 192 near Kissimmee airport area, but 4:30 sounds good, I usually tryto get to a race an hour before

• Options

JP

I think 4.30 at the car park is OK as I normally have one bag that I drop of on my way to the start and then walk straight to the start  there isn't a lot to do around the start area so going straight to the start gets me there before 5

• Options

Thanks slowie

sounds like a good plan, I'll be pretty much ready when I arrive at the car park, the forecast is for a warmish night, so shouldn't need to discard much before the start. Just gotta get to the US now image... not long now (even less for you) image

I'll be taking my laptop over, lol, so I can stay upto date with happenings while over there! image

• Options
    JPAtko wrote (see)

Thanks slowie

I'll be taking my laptop over, lol, so I can stay upto date with happenings while over there! image

Me too  image
  • Options

long flight, quite a sporty departure from gatwick (60mph winds and driving rain = plenty of low level turbulence) then quite bumpy en-route. eventually through customs and to the hotel for 8pm (disney time). Brassic this morning (34deg F), and barely into the teens (C) this afternoon, but sunny all day; animal kingdom and half of epcot ticked off image

tomorrow will probably be magic kingdom followed by the expo late afternoon then into orlando to look for a walmart to stock up with drinks and snacks. weather should be markedly warmer, and improving for the weekend.

happy travels all

• Options

ATOM

Very similar flight bumpy in parts If anyone is around the expo at lunchtime I will be wearing a inaugural tshirt

Other than the expo I will be going to Walmart for supplies

Anyway jet lag is wonderful I've been awake 2 hours (its 6.30am) I've done my emails, stretching and my ironing !

• Options

registered this afternoon; no problems and no in possession of 3 nice long-sleeved training tops (which fit!). Universal/Harry Potter world beckons for Friday, then an early (ish) night before Saturday's Half.  I have somehow been allocated Coral B! I will be wearing the Yellow and Black, and will be saying Yaaargh, so do say hi image On Sunday I plan to run as Cap'n Jack Sparrow, though the Yellow and Black will be underneath in case it gets too warm.

Race well image

• Options

Arrived yesterday afternoon, evening or whatever it was ???!? a very very long day, and very bumpy on take-off, but my little 3 year old entertained all the grey looking people with his whooping and cheering like he was on a roller coaster haha .... was very amusing

went to bed exhausted after arriving at villa, then going back out for a trip to walmart for supplies, and set my alarm for 4am (local) this morning, but got fed up watching the clock and got up at 3am! No problem getting up for the running then image

Hope everyone has a great run (esp for saturday, I'm only doing the marathon - yes a know LAZY!! image )

• Options
    Lovely morning isn't it image we are planning to get to epcot for 3.30. Eat brekkie in the car then wander to the bag drop before 4.30 when it shuts. Good luck to everyone hope we all get round safely x
  • Options

Ran the 5k and had a Macdonalds breakfast  !!

Will be going back to the expo to pick up a 2nd pair of shoes (worked out I've saved about £25/30) then an easy afternoon Will be on the look out tomorrow for the costums

Im in corral E Good luck one and all

• Options
    Wow that was the most enjoyable half I've ever done. Don't think I stopped smiling the whole way round. Hope you all got round safely and had fun too. Apart from some blisters which have suddenly appeared from no where we are fit and ready for tomorrow .
  • Options

Got round saw Caz & Bruce great outfits

Ankle is painful but will be there tomorrow and intend to finish by hook or crook

Good luck one and all