Options

Kingston Running Festival

Comments

• Options
    Marathon starts at 8am - so if u r meeting after that give us a cheer :-)

Re race nos - I just emailed the organiser to confirm I was in - seemed to work - pack arrived a few days later.
  • Options
    Whahey! they've taken my dosh.!
  • Options
    Any suggestions of a post-race meeting spot? I'm planning on cheering the marathon runners in (although I expect many will beat me in on my 16 miler) but would be great if forum users had a pub or something to meet in afterwards if any locals know of somewhere convenient...
  • Options
    There is a pub on the river just off the market place called the Bishop in residence. I will probably have Mr Jump and the Jumpets cheering me on at the finish so somehere with an out doors area good for me. Also there is a West Cornish Pasty shop in the market place. Exellent hot pasties :-).

Any pub on the river will do me as the jumpets love duck feeding.
  • Options
    Bishop in Residence it is - I'll grab a pasty on the way :-)

Will post race number when I get one.
  • Options
    Bit of advice, but you seasoned runners will know this, there will be portaloos at the start but there are always long queues, and there's always a long line of guys over the bridge doing a pee on the fence AFTER the race has started.
    There are also loos in the Bentals Centre - top floor, and there is a McD in the basement.
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    IF the Bentall Centre is open it's a good idea but at the March Kingston runs this year they had withdrawn the support and facilities which used to be available. So beware, BC may not be open at that time of the morning.

Kingfisher Centre may well be open though... Me, I'll go at home before I womble up to the start.
  • Options
    Only problem with the above is I don't think the Bentalls center is open at that time of the morning. There are toilets in the market place building it's self. Other than that Kingston is a bit short of public loos. The website suggests the Eden Centre Toilets near the car park. Thats probably a good bet.
  • Options
    Yep just confirmed it. Bentall Centre is not open until 11 am. Sorry
  • Options
    interesting banter about the Gatorade Running festival this weekend. Quick update: extra loos are at the back of the Police station in Kingston Hall rd.Bentall Centre is closed so no loos. Eden walk Car park (£3 till 1pm) is open and loos available from 6am.Mile markers are in place. Mara are yellow back ground, 16 and 8.2 mile are on a white background.(42 mile markers put out....!)
  • Options
    That could be risky - how many are still going to be there on Sunday?
  • Options
    suggest forum groupers meet outside Carluccios on Charter Quay.coffee from 7am.
    Get to the venue at least 1 hr before your start.
    Pasty shop in Market Place to meet after the event.
    Event is now closed. approx 250 in Mara, 800 in 16 and 900 in the 8.2 mile race.
    Yes its an early start but then you all get home early.....have good one. John
  • Options
    Thanks Human Race. 8.2 miles eh? I shall have to adjust my time accordingly!

Womble, which race are you in and what is your target time please?

Cheers

Caz
  • Options
    If the 8 & 16 start and finish in the same place and follow the same lap, how can it be 8.2 & 16. Surely it must be either 8 & 16 0r 8.2 & 16.4?
  • Options
    Hi John , still any places for the Ball Buster ?
    Caz, I thought the Cabbage Patch was a 10k not a 10 miler, looks as though I''ll adjust my finishing time for that ! ;-)
  • Options
    Brunswick. Theres an 8 mile amrker so you could stop your watch there if you wanted an accurate 8 mile time?
  • Options
    Brunswick, there is a common start for both races but the 2nd loop of the 16 is slightly different as it goes through the MKT Place. see map on humanrace.co.uk
    To be exact, the 8 mile marker is exactly 305 metres from the finish line (same as the March adidas Breakfast run). All races measured and verified by Hugh Jones.
    hope that helps- John.
  • Options
    No, 8.2 is fine, I was just wondering how two identical laps could vary in distance.
  • Options
    Ignore last message, query answered while I was typing it!
  • Options
    Cabbage patch (10 mile)is in its 20th year??? great race organised by my running club the Stagglers. (stragglers.org)both races use to refurbed Kingston bridge (either side a week apart..!) Yes triboy, tri&run Ballbuster entries still being taken. around 200 so far, closing at 300.
  • Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    I am going for 79 minutes - have run it quicker in the past but if you "forget" to train for two months then... I am probably going to be suffering in this as I have only just picked up my training properly again, so give me a shout if you see me!

Think my number is 1940. I will be in a bright Red and yellow Epsom and Ewell vest so hopefully some of you guys might recognise me from that?

Hopefully see you all before the start, but afterwards, whos going to go and watch Chicago? (if I can stay awake after the race?)

anna
  • Options
    Annajo, I know what you mean about forgetting to train. I feel I have amnesia coming on for tonights training, but it is the last one before Sunday, so I guess I HAVE to do it.

Womble are you in, if so which race/target time etc? Thanks.

8 Miler

Annajo (1940) 1:19:00
    Bootie (2176) 1:10:00
    Brunswick (1407) 1:00:00
    Caz (1991) 1:08:00
    Chris Hall
    DavidP
    John Tadman (2056) 1:04:00
    Jon 0:57:00
    Josie Jump
    Mrs Dodgson
    Triathlon Boy (2069)

16 Miler

Karen Hardy
    Katy
    Romford Runner
    Snoop (1058) 2:18:00
    Superdaz 2:30:00

Marathon

Andrew Smith (86) 3:45:00
    John Smith
    Nicholas Beale (163) 3:55:00
    Richard Dodgson (59)
  • Options
    I have a plea from a fellow Serpie (see below) does anybody know anyone who can help?

"A colleague I work with is desperate to run the Kingston Marathon on
    Sunday, after having to pull out of Berlin at 20miles.
    If anyone knows of someone who cannot now run, then please respond to
    this mail.

The web page seems to point out that people can change races right up to
    and including the date, so any race entry (8 or 16 Mile) would probabaly
    be transferrable to the marathon.

Thanks"

Cheers
    Caz
  • Options
    Im hoping to complete between 2:20 - 2:24

Snoop , I may run with for the 1st few miles
    Hopefully I wont run out of fuel like Windsor
  • Options
    See you at the meeting place Paul (if I don't see you there, then at the start at 8.55).
  • Options
    Where are we meeting now and what time? I'm confused as Human Race suggested somewhere too (and I'm too lazy to go back through the thread)?

Cheers

Caz

P.S. Are we all excited and ready for the off?
  • Options
    Whats going on with the meeting tme etc?
  • Options
    We,as runners,allow people to change races on the day as long as they TELL US at the help desk.If they dont, then the results become useless. This is because with 3 different start times and 3 different distances, some people could have finished before they should have started..! (ie you enter the marathon but do the 8 etc). On safety grounds we do NOT allow swaps.-John
  • Options
    Human Race, thanks for the info, I have passed your message on to the fellow runner.

Cheers

Caz
  • Options
    Why did he/she have to pull out of Berlin? It has to be disappointing to drop out that late in the run especially after travelling all that way to run one of the top Marathons. Was it injury or just one those days we all have now and again where everthing goes wrong?