Options

The bloody brilliant thread

Comments

• Options
    The most perfectly ideal job for me is being advertised and it's only 12 minutes away by train. If I got it, my commute would be half and hour, so much better than the 90 minutes I used to have to endure.

*crosses everything*
  • Options
    CorinthianCorinthian ✭✭✭
    Best of luck AN (Without the TB?)!

My co-worker has just volunteered to do the driving back to Newcastle - which means I shall insist on a liquid lunch!

• Options
    Thanks Corinth, enjoy your lunch.
  • Options

Good luck AN.

My son is coming home from University tomorrow ..........image

In a week or two I may not feel quite the sameimage 

• Options
    My friend also became my dentist yesterday and she was fantastic. Never had such good, gentle and patient treatment and this is coming from a self-confessed dental phobic! image

And another friend has bailed me out and will look after my dog, while I nip home as my mum is poorly. image

I am also on leave for a week. image

And it's nice to be home during day to be able to hang the washing out. image
  • Options
    I have just had notification that I have been able to secure funding until 2015 for a charitable project that I run. I am imageimage
  • Options
    Wow Frodo well done. To get 3-4 financial years worth of funding in this climate is good going. I'm assuming it's til 03/2015? Many charities are on annual grants which is very difficult for business continuity especially where the funding pays for staff posts. image
  • Options
    GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    I'm flying out to Alaska on Monday for 2 weeks and i'm getting paid to do it image
  • Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    I have wonderful friends (IRL and forum) and a fantastic Hubby!
  • Options

I have an interview for the ideal jobimageimage as it's so ideal, it would be image if I didn't get it.

10mins drive from home, new department head building up new structure, would enable me to make sure No 2 Child gets off to school each day and might even enable me to take No 1 Child to college.

Now, if I could just get the job. . .

• Options
    M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭

What a coincidence... I've applied for my perfect job, doing what I do now, which I enjoy, but for a better company and 10 minutes walk from home.  Next step is to secure an interview... fingers crossed.

And while I'm here, thank you to the girl in the very short skirt at the station this morning.  You brightened my day by flashing substantial amounts of your shapely arse image

• Options
    MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

I'll keep my fingers crossed for those applying for jobs.

No matter how crappy the past week or so has been, I'm off to Paris next week & that's all that I care about right now.

I've just got to make it through the day & then I've got a long weekend followed by 4 days in a lovely city, followed by a great event day at my bf's work next weekend.

Oh & I went out for a run this morning & haven't felt any affects of hay fever.

• Options

Thanks k8, image M.ister W. and AN.

image for all those going on holidayimage.

• Options

Dear Driver on yesterday's 15:15 departure from Cambridge to London,

We got stuck after a points failure so you very nicely stopped the train at an unscheduled station and opened all the doors and made an announcement that, regrettably we would be stuck for a minimum of 30 mins BUT he would leave the doors open so we could use the station loos and go to the coffee shop if we wanted to.

Cheers mate, it made a big difference and I didn't hear any bitching at all.

• Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭
    Jumping on your shoulders was the most amazing thing ever, seeing the crowd from up there made my night, Arcade Fire were ok to that point, they were awesome from up there. Thank you so much for making my night. xx
  • Options
    twiglet_legs wrote (see)

Dear Driver on yesterday's 15:15 departure from Cambridge to London,

We got stuck after a points failure so you very nicely stopped the train at an unscheduled station and opened all the doors and made an announcement that, regrettably we would be stuck for a minimum of 30 mins BUT he would leave the doors open so we could use the station loos and go to the coffee shop if we wanted to.

Cheers mate, it made a big difference and I didn't hear any bitching at all.

Common sense, sharing information, and putting his customers' needs first.... he'll never cut it as a train driver! image
  • Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    My guess he failed his bus driving test!  (Probably smiled at the instructor or something.)
  • Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Sorry to go on about it, but I'm still grinning from ear to ear about quitting my job.image
  • Options
    CorinthianCorinthian ✭✭✭
    I really do make the most magnificent Chilli - wow!
  • Options

Just realised that today is 4/7/11 and it reminded me of my mum's perfume from back in the 70s.

I used to love this smell when I was growing up:

http://www.amodelrecommends.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/flakon_100ml.jpg

• Options
    M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭

It seems to be a week for ladies flashing their backsides at me... a broken down car on the motorway slip road yesterday with a young lady in a short skirt bending to get something out of the boot.  It was almost enough to cause a pile up image

I'm now wondering if I should have stopped to tell her about the hole in her tights? image

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Daniel in the Vodafone shop yesterday wasn't in the least bit condecending when I asked a lot of numpty questions, and as a result I now have a Blackberry on my really cheap contract, so I can delete all the crap e-mails when I'm out of the office, making work days less stressful, with the added advantage of it not being a work BB, so I won't be expected to be contactable.

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

My new toy.  Bloody brilliant!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/261941_10150299169959595_684159594_9049876_3274264_n.jpg

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

***Soppy post alert***

It's my little Angel's 3rd birthday tomorrow.  She will be getting some lovely presents and will be fussed over like she's a little princess.  She deserves it because she's fab.

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Awww!  Get her a Planet X track bike!
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    I've just tried using nail varnish remover on my old, stained whiteboard. It's got rid of absolutely every mark, and it's BRIGHT and SHINY like NEW!!!

Bloody Brilliant. image

(aaawwwww - Nessie image)
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    PhilPub wrote (see)
    Awww!  Get her a Planet X track bike!

Great idea.  Obviously I'd have to maintain it until her li'l legs could reach the pedals, which would mean regular use to keep everything in working order.................image

(Actually, that's not terribly practical, given I'm 4 months pregnant, so I'll just have to get her a Kindle instead)

• Options

What a b.....y brilliant thread! image

• Options

I thought I managed to get the 2000th post but misread it and it was the 2000th read!

How b....y brilliant that I got it wrong! image

• Options
    MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭
    In 12 hours I'll be on a Eurostar heading to Paris!!

Bonne nuit RW.