Options

Enduroman 1st - 10th June 2012

Comments

• Options
    KK I can't see anywhere in the last 6 months that you have been badly treated.......point it out .....but you seem hell bent on just randomly attacking people when you have had a few drinks.......and then you will get abuse or a reaction.......

what ever conflict resolution you are looking for i'm not sure...the only conflict i see on the forums is when you are drunk and go out of your way to be nasty...

maybe the best way to avoid conflict is to stop posting when drunk.....I presume that you do not get nasty and abusive with your family and friends in the real life when you are drunk.....so that is not an excuse for doing it online....

if i have missed posts where people have just randomly been nasty to you then I apologise

right time for us to get on with the important bit of the thread

I AM A SWIMMING GODDESS image
  • Options
    Seren, you are a swimming goddess image.
  • Options
    Thank you VT'd......i have only swam over 2k about 5 times in my life.......and 3 of those were in an IM race.........so i was chuffed that i can at least swim the distance ( with pullbuoy safely clenched between my legs) at the moment and so can work on getting close to 7.6k..
  • Options
    Seren, brilliant swimming, has anyone mentioned that you are a Swimming Goddess!
  • Options
    What does that make me then image
  • Options
    You are my matching god image
  • Options

Seren - you are a swimming goddess

Just like me image

• Options
    did i mention that my thighs had a workout....gripping onto my pullboy for 156 laps
  • Options

You need an ankle strap to use when you use a pull bouy. It will remove the need to grip onto the bouy.

(I would have got cramp within about 10 lengths if I'd had to grip my pull buoy!)

• Options
    I've got 2 x 2 hrs runs tomorrow.

I'm going to practice my Holly walking image
  • Options

Barley, I'd have thought a stone in a month would be achievable given the work you will be doing in the next month however if you don't make it whatever you lose will be less to carry come race day. Don't do it by not eating though!!

156 lengths with a pull buoy Seren. You're mad!!

Did my longest swim for a long time last week at 108lengths ( 2700m). Felt quite good and probably could have done a few more.

Get Easters hols out the way as it is either work days or kids days so long sessions will have to wait for 2 weeks.

Had 2 rides last week on the summer bike with shorts, short sleeve top and suntan cream. Today was about -1 and it has sleeted all day, fortunately not sticking at all!! Wouldn't have been fun at all, in fact left the bike in work and got a lift all of 0.9 of a mile home!!

• Options
    sensible option chilliboy
  • Options

Holly walking is the way forward purple!

• Options
    chilliboy70 wrote (see)

Barley, I'd have thought a stone in a month would be achievable given the work you will be doing..........Don't do it by not eating though!!

I assume you have never met Barley! image
  • Options
    Nope. 9th June I'll see him biking, 10th June I'll speak to him running!!
  • Options
    You'll hear him before you see him image
  • Options
    not if I'm drowning him out image
  • Options
    i have jinxed myself.........on the weekend i was talking about the fact i had only had 3 punctures since taking up tri nearly 4 years ago.....

yesterday i asked my hubby to check the pump on the bike with me as i realised that i had put it on without checking it when my old one broke a few months ago.....we forgot

today .8 miles north i punctured on glass and discovered the pump was missing a vital part.....

and then it started snowing.......and my mother is away and son and OH working miles away in the other direction....

so i had to walk 2 miles in cleats in freezing wind to find the shops.which luckily included halfords

I was so cold that i decided that i would pay the staff the £7 to change it for me......but the young guy started by getting out an allen key and was going to undo my seat nut when i managed to stop him.......I have had my bike precisely made to measure and was not prepared to have the seat messed up by some young mechanic.......so i ended up paying £18 for a pump.......

and then went outside in the freezing wind and light snow to change my inner tube......it only took me 20 mins or so.a record for me.....

the 6 miles home was horrible as my hands and body wouldn't warm back up and i was near to tears.......

• Options
    looking for the positives.......

1 i managed to change it myself.and it was the back one
    2 i now have a pump that works and that i am happy using
    3 it happened today and not 4 am on friday morning in the middle of nowhere miles away in england

4 after a hot bath i am now feeling a bit better
  • Options

surely

5.You taught someone in Halfords that you dont need to touch the saddle to get a wheel out.  LOL

Sounds like you had a morning to remember. When I am starting to suffer on races its remembering days like that that keep me going!! 

• Options

Chilliboy, im just trying to eat heathier food and cut out the crap which is going ok so far.  Good work on the 2700 meters.  I did about 2000 or so this morning at swimfit, need to start picking up from my one session a week, also a couple of 2 hour swims will come in handy.

Seren/Purple, do you remember we mentioned maybe meeting up for an OW swim and bike in a few weeks?  ill have a look at my calendar for May and see when im free?

Seren, we indeed must have jinxed you, another way of looking at it is that its better that you found out you had a pump problem now than at Avon Tyrell.

1:30 bike & 1:30 run for me tonight  image
  • Options
    2 hr run this morning and 2 hr run this evening.

I was very tired this evening so ran very slow and walked lots, I probably walked about a third of it. It was good though, I enjoyed practising my Holly walking image

Seren - definitively good news that it happened today and not Friday.

Barley - Meeting up for a swim would be good image

• Options

Just popping in to say impressive training you guys!

• Options
    Hope wrote (see)

Just popping in to say impressive training you guys!

imageimage
  • Options

Just a measily 8 mile run for me tonight.

Try and get to the pool early tomorrow for a longer swim and hopefully an hour or so on the road tomorrow late afternoon/early evening.

Seren you need some serious lessons in changing tubes at 20 mins a go!!! Get them all out the way now though and hope for none on the day. What was the guys reasoning about going for the seat bolt? He must have given some explanation.

Well at least yesterdays snow has gone but it was chilly today in the wind.

Stick in there Barley. When I started training for this I was upto 13st 10lbs my heaviest ever. 4 1/2 months on I'm now 12st 9lbs. I need to cut out a bit more of the crap that I eat and I'm hoping to be around the early 12st mark come June. When I was doing loads of biking and racing around the earlier 2000's I was in the 11st 10lbs type of area and didn't move from it but that was riding 5 or 6 days a week in the off season and racing every weekend and a mid week time trial through the summer along with enjoying the bike on pleasant summer day riding. Running and swimming weren't even a thought at that time. I did Tyne and Wear Fire Service sprint at around this time. I was about 5th fastest on the bike over about a 12 mile course. My let down was being 2nd slowest on the run at about 30 mins for 3 miles and it near finished me off!!!

As Hope says there is some impressive stuff going on.

• Options
    thanks..

for the awim meet up the best weekend for me is th 12/13 th may as its silent assasins the following weekend and then the chilterns....unless its one the saturday then.

it has turned freezing out there.....getting nervous of the long night ride......must get my winter gloves out and wool vest.........

thinking of Mon and her LEJOG tomororow....weather turned nasty and the wind is in the wrong direction for her at the moment.....
  • Options
    chilliboy...he was moving the seat so it could fit better on the frame or something...i'm glad i did it myself