Options

Greenwich Park

Comments

• Options
    Morning plump,how are you today looking forward to the grizzly are we.Ill look out for you on the sea front sunday morning if you fancy a slow jog round with an oldun.
  • Options
    you old git, thought you had been put down humanely by now.

Dunno what I am going to do on Sunday, will se how I feel when I get my @rse out of bed. I think I need to be selfish this year and just run for myself but will paly it by ear, may sneak in for Breakfast if I get there in time
  • Options
    no one for hastings then??

f
  • Options
    too Hilly

i am going for the fast and flat Grizzly course
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    So apart from those doing Grizzly & Hastings, how is everyone's training going at the moment? I've been away from the GP Sunday plods for a few weeks but am looking at doing a couple on 26/3 and 2/4 if around is around.
  • Options
    gavo and co, coming on the forum frolic to the new forest mara and half???

see urwfrc clubhouse
  • Options

hastings - hills : hills - hastings
    (strangely enjoyable though :-))

3 min outside a personal best at 1:52,
    but I am convinced that on a flatter course
    I would have managed it . . . bring on the
    FLM . . .

• Options
    I will be wandering through the park tomorrow about 8:45 on the way to the foot tunnel, Limehouse Basin, Wapping, Tower Bridge, Lower Rd and then back towards the Park if anyone is interested.
    If you are going to be there drop me a mail or ring me
  • Options
    How many Parkers are doing FLM or is it just me and the Green one?
  • Options
    woolfie at 8:45 plum ??

what pace are you planning ??

• Options
    about 8's for a couple of hours along the aforesaid route young man, or that is the plan at the moment, last time I expired near Tooley St and shambled home very slowly. Kate will be there so it depends really on how fast she is going (at the moment she is pretty quick for a couple of hours!)
  • Options
    Nice to see you Oh green one, hope you got home in one piece, Unfortunately there was no way i was going to stand in the middle of Rotherhithe manipulating your tight groin, much as i love and worship the ground you canter on.......
  • Options
    ended up with about 25 miles, happy with that after the Grizzly last wek, FLM should be a walk in the Park..

or it will be before I start running the damn thing
  • Options
    25 my @rse it should have said 15
  • Options
    Hi Plum, Kate ,. . .

thanks for the company . . . the few miles I
    did with you were all in the 8:15 to 8:30
    range . . .

after I dropped back I wussed out and managed
    to flag a taxi on evelyn street :-))

• Options
    well we did slow down for you ...............

................ but had no chance of keeping up with the cab
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    I'll be around for a longish run this Sunday if anyone is around. Looking for about 18-19 flat miles.
  • Options
    Wow! I managed to do two races in one weekend? A slow 2 miles and then a very slow 20 miles. Both with a temperature and a sore throat but at least I have managed to battle on and am just about getting some FLM training in.

• Options
    As gavo is running sunday shall we all go out on saturday instead ......

It is long bike this saturday so will probably not be up to 18 or so on Sunday but Kate and I could run part of it with you if you want my little scally chum.
    We went through the foot tunnel and down through limehouse and wapping to Tower bridge and then back via salter road if that takes your fancy, by the time you have done wolfy and back it will be about 18 if not more.

Now the crucila question..... what time are you looking at

Nice time in the scouse half gavo,
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Not overally happy with my Scouse 1/2m time as I was going well up to 8m but had a few dodgy miles and slowed down instead of chasing the PB I was after. And running in a tri suit has left its mark. Literally.

I'll be running with Squiggle & id (for part of it) on Sunday so no idea on time really. But we'll probably be looking at somewhere on the Thames going west as going east just seems to be getting smellier....
  • Options
    Hello hello,

I have just seen this thread, and am just moving to Blackheath.....

I wondered if anyone can give me any tips on what is a good long route to do in the area - that isn't just laps of Greenwich Park / Blackheath!!

Looking for a good 15 - 20 mile run! As traffic free as possible....considering its London....

• Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Thames Path is as traffic-free as you are going to get from there. Go through Greenwich Park onto the river at Cutty Sark or Maze Hill. Eastwards & south of the river has some smelly sections but once you are past them you can go as far as you want.

Go through the foot tunnel to the north & you can go into central London & back, although there are plenty of tourists.

Other than that, try the green chain walk (have forgotten URL but google it) and get a few loops of them in
  • Options
    I agree. last time I ran in a monaco I was scarred for weeks....
    I have to run fairly early on Sunday as I have the girls as mrs P is away for the weekend but should be coming past Wolfy if anyone is up at about 8;30
    Hydey therre are also some nice off road runs up in the woods around Shooters Hill in the summer,
    The loop I am doing on Sunday is fairly traffic free, thro the foot tunnel to Limehouse basin along the thames path then via wapping to Tower, London or blackfriars bridges then follow the Marathon route in reverse back to Greenwich, you can even stay along the river a bit longer but you are constantly on and of due to several bits of private frontage......
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Plummy, there's no way I'm getting to Wolfy at 8.30 on the day that the clocks go forward.
  • Options
    I have got the girls to myself this weekend as Mrs P is away so have to be out and back fairly smartish to ensure that they do my ironing and cook my lunch fter scrubbing the house from top to bottom.
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Pigs flying over Plumstead I see.....
  • Options
    Serpently

They will completely disregard everything I say and sit in front of the computer or telly or mirro or phone all day demanding feeding at frequent intervals.

Bit like most women really
  • Options
    I am out and about on sunday - but strictly
    9:00 min mileing - need to get 20 miles in.

• Options
    Looks like I will be on my own so a swim planned for 7 then run straight from the pool for about 3 hours then a couple of hours recovery on the bike. Big day tomorrow so sitting with my feet up today