Options

Riots...

Comments

• Options
    Rose at 9AM? Jeez how chavish can you get... you'll be telling me next they drank it at room temperature
  • Options
    LOL they never asked if they put it in the fridge first... image

Apparently the injured kid that got robbed is a Malaysian student and in the Royal Marsden with a broken jaw and missing teeth, waiting for an operation.
  • Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424

I assume this is the same creatures?

Things kicking off in Salford, Manchester, hopefully the police take care of that soon enougth!

Absolute disgrace to our country these people though, the things responsible for this need to hang themselves! Their not even worth the air they breath.

Riots supposedly going on in the South East at the moment, hoping their not, and it gets denied, but still, if anything does kick off, I hope everyone on RW stays safe.

• Options

This is not going to help matters:

Mark Duggan death: 'No evidence' Tottenham man opened fire

BBC

• Options
    and the cat analogy...

rather than profound psychological issues leading to urinary incontinence, best treated by a stint on the pussytherapy sofa... isn't it much more likely he's a cheeky Tom pissing around to mark his territory and wants his balls chopping off?
  • Options

Re riots:

Call me old fashioned but when you need new trainers (as we all regularly do) and times are tough don't you save until you have the money?

• Options
    LOL, that can be true Nam
  • Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

A work mate lives in Kent and weekly commutes.  He had A/L yesterday and came in today saying that there had been looting in his town last night.  I can't remember exactly where he lives, but it's not around the London part - further south in the sort of quiet area that you wouldn't expect to join in.

Rumours all over the place about which towns it's going to kick off in next.  Our local daily paper is saying that the police have intercepted information about plans in our town and are actively visiting individuals to remind them that looting is a criminal offence and all offenders will be prosecuted. I wonder whether that will actually do any good, but I guess that it can't harm.

• Options
    and the cat analogy...

rather than profound psychological issues leading to urinary incontinence, best treated by a stint on the pussytherapy sofa... isn't it much more likely he's a cheeky Tom pissing around to mark his territory and wants his balls chopping off?

Yet again, where is that damn "like" button? image
  • Options

Has to be posted.... http://youtu.be/ih4ugJg9kdI

(I know quite a few black women like her. Some of the rioters will be getting their ears bent, believe me...)

• Options
    I saw her on FB, she is cracking!! image
  • Options
    oh I just came across the Vicky Pollards interview...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424
  • Options
    Hmm it's got onto Amazon - just went to look for a book and two of the currently "hot" items are an aluminium baseball bat and a police stylee extendable truncheon!
  • Options
    XFR Bear wrote (see)
    Hmm it's got onto Amazon - just went to look for a book and two of the currently "hot" items are an aluminium baseball bat and a police stylee extendable truncheon!

And the latest reveiw of the baseball bat...

56 of 59 people found the following review helpful: 5.0 out of 5 stars Cuts looters off at the knees, 9 Aug 2011 By Harry Fish (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews This review is from: Rucanor Aluminium Baseball Bat, Silver - 60 cm (Sports) This bat is perfectly weighted and will suit any UK shop-owner looking to protect their property.

Thanks to the ergonomic handle, one easy swing should be enough to shatter patellas, skulls or any other bone on your targeted looter. Personally, I would recommend also investing in some fingerless gloves for extra grip.
  • Options
    Nam wrote (see)
    oh I just came across the Vicky Pollards interview... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424

can't quite believe what I just heard there .... surely there can be no-one that doesn't agree that their swift removal from the gene pool wouldn't be best all round.

• Options

Bruce C do you honestly believe that is a result of genetics?  

• Options
    Just heard that the shops close to my brother and his family have been advised to close because the rioters are heading their way (Manchester).  Brother at work, SiL at home with three young kids, scared to death of what's heading their way.  I can't imagine how scared they must feel. 
  • Options
    Bruce C, I would agree, but it is a rather common attitude among a large number of young people in some areas in London. I hear the same sorts of 'justifications' used by my neice for getting in trouble at school sometimes. Thankfully she hasn't been involved in the riots, but the point that some other kids have been making is that the police don't respect them and so they don't respect the police. What they fail to iunderstand is that they need to earn respecvt, it is not automatically granted to them, and acting like little c*#ts isn't going to earn them respect. Another argument my neice has made about school...sadly
  • Options

I'm still standing by my 'Shoot them all' tactic.

The BB gun is loaded and ready in case it kicks off in Bracknell.. Although I can't expect it.

• Options

Why do people not give "the poor" the credit for being able to make moral choices? How patronising.

You may be poor. You will not starve. If you are sick you will be cared for. If you are homeless you have the likelihood of being offered a home. If you have no job you will be given benefits. Stay in school. Get some qualifications. You have a chance.

It really isn't rocket science: thousands of immigrants come to this country without a pot to piss in and within a generation their children are doctors and lawyers.

To then say that today's levels of poverty (which are still much better than in many other countries and historically are far better than even 50 years ago) may pre-dispose or somehow "explain" why someone has chosen to rob, mug, burgle, torch and vandalise lets these people off the hook.

Mugged an OAP? Clearly you have low self-esteem/no plasma telly/no bike/your great great grandad was a slave. There there, not your fault, we're all to blame, close the door on your way out, nurse your grievances a wee bit more after this conversation, won't you please?

Truth is the actions of these scummers are MORAL CHOICES - you can choose to do them or not to do them.

If you choose not to, you are making a moral decision not to prey and scavenge on your fellow citizen. If you choose to do them, it is your decision, no-one else's, and you should expect to be held to account for it.

Violence and theft are violence and theft and no amount of sociological theorising will excuse or rub away that fact.

• Options
    David Cameron, Boris Johnson, Gideon Osborne ... ah yes... the Bullingdon club, that bunch of scallawags who used to get pissed in restaurants and then trash them to bits, scaring the shit out of the staff and punters alike; still - youthful exuberance when it's toffs; hooliganism when it isn't. Perfect role models for our disaffected youth.

Thatcher - I despise every bone in her rancid right wing body... but I can't see her smashing up a restaurant in her salad days.
  • Options

“We got drunk, trashed the Ritz & then walked down Piccadilly to loot a few items from Fortnums”

A quote from Boris Johnson’s biography, describing a night out with the Bullingdon Club in 1986…

Apart from daddy being able to pay vast wadges of crisp tenners to repair the damage, what's the difference between that and the t**ts in London trashing Reeves furniture store, then walking down Clapham High Street and looting a few items from Debenhams?

• Options
    +1 JB and Corrie
  • Options
    *round of applause to JB*
  • Options

Disaffected youth!! your having a laff.

The same disaffetced youth who have hi-tec toys, designer clobber and enough bling to pay off the American debt

Mostly Scumbags and theives who are using the death of a no-mark to mask criminal activity by lazy barstards who have "ruled themselves out of the same moral code the rest of society abides by.

You can imagine the chants on the streets of Salford "Miss Selfridges Burn it down the captalist pigs"  "HMV haven't got latest R&B collection Burn it down"

Whats next Costa Coffee, Starbucks and Build a Bear!!!!

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Much as I would love to get rid of Costa Coffee and Starbucks, I don't agree with the method that you are proposing slowfoot image