Options

Chester marathon 2012

Comments

• Options
    Acp, I'm using my garmin but only with vibration function, no one will hear that over the heavy breathing....
  • Options

Not sure mine has a vibration function! It's a 305.

• Options

Sandy Lane looks a lovley end to a marathon! lol!

• Options

my friends are making a weekend of it and heading up to Chester now ready to watch me on Sunday. My throat is so sore and I am tired through it keeping me awake. Running (pun intended) out of time to make a full recovery, it's still above the neck though so I'm determined to make it to the start line ... have said all along this is my first and last marathon but if 'm under the weather I think it'll be tempting to try another one to see what I could so when fully fit ....

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    acp wrote (see)

Dr Dan your cough sounds very similar to mine. I feel OK apart from the cough making me tired and I wish the kids wouldn't keep making me shout at them because that makes it worse...!!image

Amen to that ... I have 4 and do a lot of shouting.image

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Dr D- like the list- i,d add a wooly hat for hanging around before the off.

Body glide

5m jog followed by racing haircut lined up for me later on today image
  • Options

Dr Dan - I have 4 too! Must be mad! image

Claire - hope you make a quick recovery! I just wish I could shift this annoying cough!

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

HEY! That was my list.

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

image ya snooze, ya lose. image

• Options
    Safely arrived at campsite. (Fairoaks) and there's apparently loads of marathoners here.

Im feeling very secure as I have kit for EVERY eventuality, all my favourite carb foods and can eat what I like, when I like. The beauty of travelling by caravan.

Still have the terrible pain in my butt but he's good for carrying my coat at the start(?). And I must remember that all my best races have been when something is niggling.

Only thing I forgot is my charger but Garmin on 100% and I'm only going to do a little 30 min jog - later? Tomorrow? Or both?

PS. Number 3093 and really hoping for sub 4:15.
  • Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

so...staying in chester centre premier inn - what is latest I should leave hotel by to get to the race course...?

• Options
    Is that the one 2 miles from the racecourse 15W? I am walking to the start, I think it might be easier than parking image
  • Options

sh*t, this is all getting a bit real now!!

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

i am staying at permier inn at Boughtn next to sainburys   will be down to race course very early

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

It's the premier inn on east side of centre - quite near train stn. Near a canal. I don't know Chester very well....

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

I think I know the one 15W ... you'll have to walk through the city centre and out the other side (20+ minutes?). Only a few minutes drive though.

• Options
    The new one on city road ? Great teppanyaki place 2 mins walk away. The race course 20 mins
  • Options

Shit why I am I getting so nervous reading all of this?!!!! Just think......in 48 hours we are ALL going to be feeling on top of the world!! I will personally be in a pub with a glass of bubby wearing my new heels!!

My brother in law has bet me that I will not be in my heels so I HAVE to!!

I am still going to get there for 7:45. The way I see it I will only be pacing up and down in the house snapping at my hubby so If I'm there hopefully I will be a bit calmer.

Mr Weatherman seems to be looking down on us all....touching wood.

Good luck to everyone. xxx

• Options
    15west if it's premier inn city road , by station then it's about a mile from the racecourse, ask for a map at the inn or see the marathon plan - its actually straight down foregate street , the main shopping street all the way down watergate street to racecourse - how long does it tke you to wal a mile, what time do you want t be there ?0800hrs
  • Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

thanks for info....I plan to get to race course between 8 and 1/2 8....no need to be any earlier is there (I'll be walking)...?

Teppanyaki sounds good - although don't think I'm going to risk that the night before....will be aiming for simple plain food....

• Options
    Only 2 sleeps image

Ffran if you want the 4:15 pace group I'm starting very near the back, Welsh dragon cap , bearded 50yr old! I'm aiming for 4:15. Take care everyone .

Ibuprofen and paracetamol melt tablets check

Micropore tape check

Earphones for iPhone check

Pasta & pesto and ham and French stick for tonight- check

2 members of my work team have the course map 1 to collect my charity shop sweatshirt at mile 0.75, I would throw it, it on,y cost 2?? , but it was Hero written on it - just right for marathoning

Another of my team will hopefully be near Sandy lane near that tiny hill image

And I've instructed both NOT TO BE QUIET, and to be loudly encouraging image

To do Print. Pace band , check play list - up tempo for mile 23 etc , only f needed
  • Options

nerves really kicking in now ... haven't sorted kit out or anythign yet, but will do tomorrow .. am planning on leaving home around 7:30 to hopefully get me to the racecourse before 8 so can walk down and begin my cyclical queue for the loos !

• Options

Now with added race number!  Turned up this morning...

I am starting to get a little nervous.  All my training and the right side of my brain tells me I'm well capable of that 3.10, but the reality of banging out 7.10 to 7.15 pace for 26.2 miles is starting to sink in.

Just about to scoff a large bowl of pasta and then to the airport ... I hope to see many of you Sunday for el momento de verdad, as we non-Spanish speakers like to say.  Say hello if you see me, I'll be on me tod, no family for this one (but hopefully in a pace bus of two with GazOC).  I will certainly be looking out for the hilarious fox-shit-eating Ms Owens, and many others.   

GK out.

sub 2.48 jason d (1157- blue and white TROTs vest and lucky green shorts- same as my avatar)

sub 2:55 parkrunfan (1575)

sub 3:10 15 West - 1470, GazOC - 1345, Genghis Khan - 1296 

sub 3:20 Gazelle, luverlylegs 3103

sub 3:30 Compo 1, WFMATE, Dr.Dan (1587, FETCH vest), Luke Ellis 2 (376)

sub 3.45 Xe (Union flag vest), Naked HeOw - 2723image

sub 3:50 Scott Dutton 2 - 360, Jez Maytum - 658, Happy HeOw - 2723image

sub 4.00 Sir John alot - 813 Bruce C - 1548

4:01 Fox sh!t eating HeOw - 2723image

sub 4:15 Up The Boro - 1400 GraemeK, Adrian Scott 2,  PeteC1979 - 240

4:15 to 4:17 WrexhamRob

sub 4:30 acp - 2883, JPenno 1539, Antony Collins 8 - 271

Others Claire Coney - 2652 (Stroke Assoc vest and yellow tutu image target sub 4:45), Ruth Thomas10 - 2590,  Daeve - 183, NIX DOWN - 1895, mattl - 606, SLAW (delighted to go sub 4.30 but unlikely!)

• Options
    Pacing chart printed out and laminated. 7:10 for as long as possible and then try and hang on for 3:10 over the last 6-8 miles.
  • Options

I shall be on my own at the start so please anyone who sees me, say hello.  I have blonde hair which will be in a rollers cos I am going on me cocaine binge after the race, medium height, slim build, 34GG, 19 inch waist and will be wearing racing knickers and bra with a full Spray Tan done fresh for the occasion. Just deliberating whether to get my Flo Jo nails out for added je ne sau quoi. Might slow me down though...   

• Options

There are three elements of truth in that post above. image  They are "blonde, medium height and slim build".  Seriously, I will have black tights on, green Helsby Vest, hair in ponytail, Brooks Ghost 4 trainers (for the gear enthusiasts) and will be walking around talking to myself and status updating on my phone.  Husband and kids will be at the finale.  No point dragging them out of bed just to wave me off like.  Please please approach with caution if you see me.  I may be about to whip the Tena Lady out and discard in a bin.  Easiest way to dodge the portaloos.image

Right.  Claire, are you really feeling under the weather?  Are you SURE you feel ok to run this thing?   

Genghis, glad your race number turned up, have a safe flight and yep, if you see me, defo trip me up cos you know I will run your arse down and beat ya the last mile. image

Andy - how are you today?

Loving the race gear lists!  I am not organised at all.  Need to dig my race gel belt out, I think I left in Newcastle.  Need to buy my gels and am still wanting some black arm warmers. 

No running for me at all, I feel very tired as been busy doing err, stay at home mum stuff.  Like walking with 30 reception kids to a library (school trip) and trying to keep control of 4 of the pesky blighters and stop them getting run over.  So, decided, will be resting now until Sunday, I have only ran once this week (a 10k) but I don't give a shit, I am in control of this tapering buggery and won't let it bring me down.  *weeps* 

Cracking 

• Options

Don't be shy with the post race coke He!!image

• Options
    GazOC wrote (see)

Don't be shy with the post race coke He!!image

I will do you a good deal, yerno, cos we are friends.  Mates rates. 

• Options
    HeOw, a good night of sleep and then the adrenaline will kick in on the 3hr drive to Chester tomorrow ... that'll get me round. Not missing this for anything - raising a shed load of money for 3 charities and having given the last 6 months to training a cold is not going to stop meimage Have broached the subject of a 2nd marathon to non-runner husband who just sighed lol! I'll look out for you at the start ... you won't miss me looking nervous in my tutu with 2 bored kids and a husband searching out coffee!
  • Options

At the moment my thoughts are alternating inbetween "bring it on, lets have it!" and "why did I pick this bloody running lark for a hobby?".