Options

Snowdonia Marathon 2012

Comments

• Options
    Night night all!! Safe drive up guys see you Saturday image very easy run in the morning for me.

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad,

Tra môr yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,

O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.

Llanberis eta 4pm.

Running for COMBAT STRESS.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

2:59

• John Bach  (6th SNOD)

3:05

• jason d (4th SNOD)

3:14

• arch stanton

3:18

• Ultra Disco Stu (2nd SNOD)

3:25

• marathonman61 (9th SNOD)
    • nicola quinn 2 (3rd SNOD)

3:29

• Cap66  (1st SNOD)
    • NOSEMI (3rd SNOD)
    • powell1

3:35

• Chimney

3:40

• The Lazy Greyhound40 (8th SNOD)

3:45

• Jedwards (1st SNOD, 2nd mara)
    • Laudy (1st SNOD)
    • panad (4th SNOD)

3:50

• brer rabbit (4th SNOD)
    • Run Jono (6th SNOD)

3:52

• Roger Holliday (1st SNOD)

3:59

• Blackbrogue (1st SNOD)
    • BritNick (7th SNOD)
    • Fenland Runner  (3rd SNOD)
    • Mark Bryan 9 (2nd mara)
    • Midlife Crisis
    • safety pin

4:10

• Aled Jones
    • Another Hill (1st SNOD)

4:15

• Dennis Hussey (1st SNOD)
    • Harshad_Patel  (1st SNOD, 2nd mara)
    • koiboy  (4th SNOD)

4:30

• Mr Ben
    • Pete Thomas 6  (1st SNOD)
    • Tom 1759

4:45

• ffRAN
    • megalily (1st SNOD)
    • the mighty pudding (3rd SNOD)

4:59

• Lemmy (5th mara)
    • Mrs Lemmy
    • wrexhamrob (23rd mara)

Also running

• Aled Jones 3 (1st SNOD)
    • Alistair Stewart 4
    • Andrea B
    • andy_w
    • Arkinshaw
    • BelleVueRacerofBeartown
    • Boxer1
    • Bruce C (1st SNOD)
    • ChefRunner31
    • Chrissi (2nd SNOD)
    • FionaEvs 7  (1st SNOD)
    • Goldeagle  (1st SNOD, 12th mara)
    • Gosia Nowicka  (1st mara)
    • Gringo WBA  (3rd SNOD)
    • Hail me a taxi
    • Hayley Winder  (1st SNOD)
    • Heavy Legs
    • Kelvyn
    • Life's Too Short (1st SNOD) 4th mara
    • little ladcox (1st mara)
    • Mad Jack 28
    • matrichards44
    • Miserable Bleeder
    • Mr 2
    • Mr panad  (1st mara)
    • Natalie Fryer
    • Non Davies 2
    • Osian Roberts (3rd mara)
    • #108  Peter John Lewis (18th SNOD)
    • Reydon Rover (5th SNOD)
    • Robert Smith 27
    • Run Stuboy Run
    • runwithmysetter (3rd SNOD)
    • Sandra Williams 7
    • Sarah Jennings 5
    • seren nos (1st SNOD)
    • stefgirl
    • stilldreaming (5th SNOD)
    • STU -
    • Tim Lebbon  (3rd mara)
    • Tom Scott 6
    • touie2  (1st SNOD)
    • TR40
    • T Rex (7th SNOD)
    • West Brom tom
    • WhichWayNow!  (3rd SNOD)
    • williambloke
    • Willo46
    • WylamWellieWader`

• Danster999
    • *Frodo*
    • Greg C.
    • mad mark
    • senor spam
    • Stephen Kavanagh 4
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Ready to go! Leaving lunchtime for sunny Llanberis! image
  • Options

Can't keep up with all the activity on here at the moment!  Lots of nervous energy? - certainly is in this household.  don't think I've ever been so wound up for a race - or worried. image

Dogs to walk - last few things to organise and then it will be off from grey and dreary South Wales to hopefully - lovely, sunny North Wales.

Good luck to all.  Hope everything goes well for you all tomorrow. Will hopefully catch up with a few.  And safe journeys for all those still to make the trip.

Loving the song choices as well.  But for some reason I have a song on constant loop - why?  I'm not sure.  Not even sure who sang it.  could google I 'spose but thought I'd see who are the clever ones on here. Lol. Maybe being optimistic - but hoping the weather men have it right.

'I can see clearly now the rain has gone. 
    I can see all obstacles in my way' image - eeeek!

...............but it's gonna be a lovely day! image

Take care all x

• Options

south wales is definitely miserable this morning.have to wait until after first school lesson this morning before heading north.must print out the race details.never been so laid back before a race.no idea where it starts/ finishes or even what time it starts.usually well prepared....

• Options

Good morning All,

Have a safe journey all, leaving after School's finished.  Aiming to be up in Snowdonia around 6ish - will get feed then off to get number etc.

Looking forward to it.

Johnny nash?  FionaEvs

• Options

Stunning in Snowdonia this morning image

• Options

That is spine tingling news JB image

I've been at the top of Pen-y-pass in good weather before and the views are totally amazing image

• Options

I'm back home (was near Capel Curig before) - cool, very little wind & dry - views across to the Carneddau from our house are pretty stunning. One of the best views (apart from the finish line) in the race is (my opinion) the views down to Llyn Gwynant as you descend from the Llanberis Pass - I never get tired of that view!

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Lovely cold sunny morning here in NE Wales, just been out for my last, v easy plod round the block.

Packing the cat off to the cattery this morning, then girls off this afternoon. Should be over in Llanberis 6-7ish for food and picking up numbers image
  • Options
    ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

Blue sky and sunshine here but boy is it cold

Kit out on side ready and bumbag packed just need to survive work, try to sleep and then control nerves while travelling and waiting for the start.

Fiona - love the song choice it IS going to be a lovely day

• Options

JB I've never seen the view on that stretch image

• Options

On the descent you'll see as well the main road snaking down the valley, with the old road (which we run down) just below it. I cannot believe that there will be many better views in a marathon

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Bad news from my point of view here.  I'm not going to be able to make it.

Although I'm fine Mrs T Rex isn't well enough to leave.  She's been off work since July with an unusual heart condition in combination with the long term chronic fatigue/depression thing she's had for many years.  I need to stay at home.

To say I'm deflated is an understatement. 

May main concern is to contact Nicola Q who's probably not going to be on here now.  I need to tell her that I won't be needing accommodation at the "RW house".  That said there is now a place for one male (sharing) for someone who has not yet organised a roof over his head.

I'll email her but if any of you come across Nicola could you please let her know?  Thanks.

• Options

morning

damp and cloudy in south wales where's our nice weather thenimage

be heading up soon see some of you later

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Hope all your last minute preparations go OK and you have a great weekend.  It will be memorable for sure.

I want to see some top quality reports on here afterwards.

• Options

T REX noone can top your reportsimage

• Options

Will work finish NOW please!!!!?

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭

image So sorry to hear you're not going to make it TRex (and as mm61 says, no one can top your reports) all the best to Mrs TRex - take care both of you!

I'm sure at least one of us will run into NQ and make sure she knows & doesn't get lost herself in the wilds of N Wales searching for you fearing you might be stuck in a damp bog image

• Options

Agree with mm61 nobody can do race reports like you T-Rex

• Options
    So sorry to hear that TRex. I was really looking forward to bunking up with you and nick. I will let Nicola know. I hope to get there by 3-4. Leaving very shortly. Love to Mrs T Rex. Take care

So this is it..... See you guys on the other side in the SNOD 2013 thread....
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    TRex- taken the shine off my weekend a bit there, buddy. Best wishes to Mrs T Rex. I've let NQ know via Andrea.
  • Options

T-Rex Just had your message via Jason ......gutted for you to say the least but hugs to Mrs T-Rex and hope she starts to feel better soon....Snod 2012 wont be quite the same without you image

So yes anyone that knows anyone that doesnt have a roof over their head there is one going spare image

happy travelling I am for the off image

• Options
    touie2touie2 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that T-Rex image one hour of work left for me then I'm on my way!!! It's wet and windy here so looking forward to some sun!!!
  • Options

Sad news T Rex hope Mrs will be ok.

JB I've been working in Nant Peris this morning and even though it's been a beautiful morning the wind was freezing!

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Thanks for these best wishes for Mrs T Rex.

I've sensed this situation coming on for some time but have tried to be optimistic.

Now, don't get all maudlin over me.  I'll be back.  There might be another story even as early as 4 Nov when I'm going to do the (local) Bryn and Bog 20K.

BritNick - yes, that would be my LDWA friend, Michael, who after years of very long distance walking has discarded a few clothes and flappy maps, etc, and has discovered the joys of ultrarunning.  He's actually very good at it and collecting points for UTMB, US 100s, etc.

Cheers, Nicola.  I have emailed you as well.

Run tall, everybody.   image

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Even though I've only met you once or twice, for me, TRex you are as much a part of SNOD as the wind and rain, it's definitely going to be a strange one this year! looking forward to the bryn and bog report alreadyimage
  • Options
    On my way and the run is shining, sky is blue image