Options

Snowdonia Marathon 2012

Comments

• Options
    Just seen the winner in at 2.35.

Looked as fresh as a daisy!
  • Options
    And JD has just finished too. I think we *may* have bemused him slightly by cheering him onimage
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Sorry Frodo, missed that....

Glutes and back issues from about 15 m. Chester still in my legs, but happy enough. I made it 3.08.08. Managed a sprint finish for last 100m image
  • Options

JD cracking time,well done,any news on the others?

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    MM- Saw NR,but don't want to steal her thunder. Nosing of WA or MM61. But I did hear that he was still in bed at 9.30 with a bad head! image
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    TDL. Event Sys Snowdonia Marathon Jason Dickinson Gun Time 03.08.12 Pos 31 Chip 3.08.08 Rank 31 Cat M40 Pos 7

• Options
    I swear I just saw TR40 finishing in an awesome time. And BritNick image
  • Options
    3:36 really pleased with that. What a killer
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Jedwards- well one!
  • Options

Wow, what an awesome day, absolutely loved it.  Time for a bath image

• Options
    You too Jason, ridiculous time. Seething I can only dream of!

Hoping my stomach settles so I can have a few beers tonight. Can't get off the bog image
  • Options
    touie2touie2 ✭✭✭
    Ouch is all I can say!!!

Ok well I really enjoyed it even though the second half took half and hour longer than the first! I did get really cold but was just glad it was dry and there were lovely views! 4:30 for me in the end image
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    JE- too much info there, mate....

Hope you can get out....
  • Options
    JD outstanding as ever mateimage

Frodo well considering my complete lack of running since August 4:10 and a few seconds image just a little bit happy with that.

Hope you all have a fab night guys.
  • Options
    Great event, really enjoyed it. Happy with 4:02:16, target was 4 hours so very close. 45th in M50 is the best placing I've ever managed!
  • Options
    Does anyone want to puchase some slightly used quads? Cheap.

Amazing day! I was having quad issues by the time I reached Mile 10. Beat the cutoff by 30 minutes thanks to Wrexham Bob and Seren Nos. Chrissi fast walked by at mile 23. Met Jason D this morning.

Congratulations everyone for being involved in an event that is as beautiful as it is challenging. I'll never forget it (unless this evening gets out of hand).

Time for food.
  • Options
    Loved it, loved it, loved it!!!

Best I've ever felt in all my 9 marathons - no pain at all and when you're my age, that's good. Nutrition spot on so pleased with that and 3rd in category.

Ok... It was a modest 4:33 ( my Garmin said 31!) but 14 mins off last year so chuffed. (See- you just have to be old!)

I'm a bit smug as I've taken a lot of stick for doing 2 marathons on 20 days- think I'll do a third just to wind up the doubters.

Well done you speedsters xxxx

Having a very large glass of wine in van and into town for more soon. See some of you perhaps?
  • Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Well done everyone!

3:47 for me imageimage can't quite believe how well I did, especially as my calves kept cramping up from just before mile 20, with the descent into Llanberis and the short stint down the high st being particularly painful image

and Mr panad did fantastically with 4:15 for his 1st marathon (including a stop for tea at the top of bwlch y groesimage )

Was great to be able to see the mountains for once, though glad I stuck to my choice of vest and shorts - I was pouring enough water over me as it was to cool myself down! Great to catch up with some of you, hope you have a good night image
  • Options

3:02 for me very pleased with that! Was aiming sub 3:15 but the conditions were perfect apart from a couple of miles of headwind after Beddgelert. Well done to all finishers regardless of time, I think we all put in the same amount of effort regardless of finish time! And get the same pleasure of finishing this great race too I hope!

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    (mr panad's chip time was actually 4:12:52 image )
  • Options
    4:00:15 for me and very happy with that! Took it easy on the downhills to save possible problems with ITB and couldn't quite pull it back on the run into Llanberis to come in sub4 - but hey, that's what SNOD 2013 is for!!! Think TR40 and I passed each other along the way - do you have earrings aswell as tattoos? Have a cracking night those of you who are in town. Had a nice cpl of glasses of burgundy with tea and have moved on to a few cold ones from the fridgeimage
  • Options

Decided at the 11th hour ( yesterday) to do the event. The knee ligament issue had improved, so I thought what the heck give it a go. Despite doing hardly any running since the L100, I managed a comfortable time of 3.55, with no issues. It is a cracking event with great support.

Well done everyone.      

• Options

Good evening All,

What a fantastic event & great weather tooimage.  Well done to all and always another year for ones that missed their targets

Managed 3:51:19 Very pleased with that with not the perfect build up, no sleep and managed to pick up  sickess and a cold virus.  Maybe shouldn't of run.

Enjoy tonight all & have a pint for me - I'm in my sick bed in a momentimage

• Options
    Rwms yep have earings to mate, what kit were you in?
  • Options
    LaudyLaudy ✭✭✭

Oooooffff!!!!  That was tough but I loved it!  Finished in 3.48.07, would have liked a little bit quicker, but there is always next year for that image  Hardest bit was the descent into Llanberis, plenty of uphill training but I am so rubbish at running downhill.  Just got back to Cardiff as I know my legs wouldn't have taken the drive back tomorrow.

Well done guys, what a cracking run!

Panad: were you pouring water down the back of your legs at the 20ish mile point if so think I saw you (I had the orange arc vest on).

• Options

great day had by all, what an amazing experience, could even see the top of Snowdon, this is quite rare by the way! Anyone know where to view race photos?

• Options
    3,51,53 - quite pleased.

Amazing day, amazing conditions, amazing organization, amazing support, amazing course.

Oh, anyone know which company is in charge of photos?
  • Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Laudy - I wasn't intentionally pouring it over my legs,was aiming for back of neck&down the front of my vest,but tbh it could've been going anywhere. I only finished 30secs ahead of you though so we must've been close! I had blue vest,shorts,inov8 bumbag on...
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

These are all very short reports but well done all - some cracking times.

stephen k - another one forcing himself off the bench to do this one!