Options

Inskip Derby Arms Half Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Are you doing the wesham 10k then next saturday then.
  • Options
    No, not over in Preston until xmas week. Entered the Rudolph 5 in Blackpool and back there for New Year and Catforth HM.
  • Options
    Alan, can ou send me an email please about the course measurement for this?
    I'll need a copy of the course map as a starting point please. With not many weekend days between now and race day we need to get moving on this

I take it there is plenty room to play around with the start and finish to get the full 13 miles 192.5 yards
    You usually have these things nailed on so I'm assuming there will be plenty of room.
    This will be a good training run for the London Marathon
    Cheers
    Brian
  • Options

Will see you there at the rudolph 5 Toe and  Brian I will bring map and directions to club tonight.

• Options
    alan taylor 6 wrote (see)

Will see you there at the rudolph 5 Toe and  Brian I will bring map and directions to club tonight.

You running on Xmas eve Alan or working it?
  • Options
    imageI will run if the conditions are good but if its full of ice and snow I will put my santa suit on and have a bit of fun imagesee you there what everimage
  • Options
    imageGood news travels as fast as runners world just foud out one of our local clubs Preston Harriers have just put it on there club championship so looking as if we should have a good entry of all ability runners so looking forward to a great run.
  • Options
    The Preston Harriers tend to be pretty nippy though,eh! imageimage
  • Options

Alan

Red Rose RR have it in their championship too. Looks goods for numbers entering

• Options
    Keith OB wrote (see)

Alan

Red Rose RR have it in their championship too. Looks goods for numbers entering

Unless you`re thinking of leaving it late to decide! image

Maybe I should enter anyway and hope I can sell my number if needs be - ? Updates on numbers would be appreciated Alan!

• Options
    Hav'nt opend post today but up to 68 in just over 2 week and only 6 weeks to go and hav'nt had any from preston harriers yet  but have had a couple of red rose runners and just had 2 from Carlisle so people are willing to travel hope to see you there cheers Alan T.
  • Options
    Thanks Alan. Keep keeping us posted!image
  • Options

76 and the online ones hav'nt realy kicked in yet most are by post but you normally get 60% online so looking good.

• Options
    HigsHigs ✭✭✭

Just entered Mrs Higs for this. She was planning to do the 4Villages but it's sold out (as usual). Great to see another one on the same date.

We're from Macclesfield but my parents live in Arnside so I can see a family day out from this one. Now I know we're all athletes and pure of body (and mind) but.... does any know of a good pub close to the race for a Sunday lunch?

• Options
    HigsHigs ✭✭✭

Sorry - I think I may have been a bit dim.....

The name fo the race includes the words 'Derby Arms'.

Which is probably a pub.

And 'quite' close to the start/finish of the race.

I'll go back to bed and not get up again 'til I'm cleverer.

• Options
    The pub is the race HQ and the landlord has just taken over the pub and is a free house and has five different Ales & Largers on tap and food is good as well I'll see if I can get him to post a menu on here or just google the Derby Arms Inskip see you on the day.
  • Options
    imageGood to see runners world is working online as getting entries everyday now and postal to so looking good.
  • Options
    imageJust looked at entries and have just had one from London so I think I will put a prize up of a meal for two at the venue pub for the runner who has travelled the longest distance.image
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me which is the furthest away London E1 or London E8image
  • Options

Just checked london E1 is winning by 1mileimage

• Options
    alan taylor 6 wrote (see)
    imageJust looked at entries and have just had one from London so I think I will put a prize up of a meal for two at the venue pub for the runner who has travelled the longest distance.image
    Lovely idea that!
  • Options

imageCheers its not all about the fast boys winning things,its about all runners and for people to travel to the middle of lancashire to a new half marathon then why not and if the race fills up this year and gets good press I will try and get a sponsor for next year and make it a bigger and better event for all runners whatever your ability .image

• Options
    If anyone is free on monday the 19th dec at 8.30 am myself and the course measurer are measuring the course and it is a good training run as we set of at a good pace and once you have done a mile you stop for a couple of mins for him to do his recording and then start again and on this one it will happen 13 times so anyone out there that fancies it just turn up ready to run.image
  • Options
    He forgot to mention "weather permitting" lol
    And you won't have to run fast cos I'll be pedalling slow. And you get at least two or three mins rest each mile. Often longer while I record all the details for each mile.
    It will give you s good insight into course measurement as well (we need more measurers).
  • Options

How many entries have you got so far Alan? I will enter on my pay day (15th) and I managed to rope my wife in as well

• Options
    Just over 110 Chris looks like we could have a full house by the 8th of jan as we had a bit of a quiet patch but just picked up 12 today it will be something to train for over christmas see you there Alan T.image
  • Options
    Alan are you still wanting views on momentos? Heres my two pence worth. Medals are the nicest at the finishing line but once you get showered they get put somewhere and are some what wasted. T-shirts are hit and miss it depends on the design and quality. It was last night that I realised how nice a mug is, use it every day and it is generally nice. Hope it helps.
  • Options

Cheers Chris it does help and we will be looking in to it for next year as we should have a main sponsor which takes the presure of wether the race fills or not. This year we do have a siluette medal engraved with the event on the reverse side and other goodies. If you hav'nt done one of my races before I run myself and I am trying to give more back to the runner and also put  a good event on and make them feel more like a you want to stay and have a chat with other runners not just get in the car and go home hope to see you there and numbers will be on the wall at the back door and front door of pub Ha Ha and the start is 250 yards east of the front door of pub.image

• Options
    For any of you that want to have a look at the course data just go back to the second page of this thread and the third post which is richard jones and click on the link and you can see the potential in the courseimage
  • Options
    Sounds good Alan.

Almost whizzed past the thread thinking it was in Derby but then had a read image

Doing the catforth one on jan 2nd, and have done the half marathon similar area on nov 6th and wesham 10k a few weeks ago.

As for mementos, a nice technical t shirt works for me.. Also advertising for you, and a sponsor? image

Or meal at the pub ? image