Options

Inskip Derby Arms Half Marathon

Comments

• Options

Hi Toe 122 left been a bit quiet over christmas but got over a week till closeing date and was at the ribble valley 10k yesterday and put 150 entry forms out on tables and only brought 8 back so lets see. I was driving the course today and down one of the lanes was a runner so I gave him an entry form and checked runners world for entries and I think he has entered as I think he lives down the lane I was on so you never know we could just fill up. Will see you at catforth and if your wife wants to know where the playground is for the kids I'll take here as I'll be hovering round catforth and the course.

• Options

Thanks Alan!

I think me wife is coming to watch (and mebbe the in-laws!). I`ve teld them that Derby Arms might be a good base (as there`s not much in Catforth - ?) but not sure what time it opens!?

(btw spotted you on the  rudolph pics!)

• Options
    Not ran since had realy bad head cold and bad chest but hope to do a couple of miles at a steady pace tomorrow and start building the miles back up for the rhyader 20 in march and try and get 2h 40 fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Hi,
    Well thats me entered in for my first ever half marathon at 48 years of age, I caught this running bug doing a 10K earlier this year for Brain Tumour UK but I really hope there's some other newbies like me out there doing this. Have trained for Catforth half marathon but left enrolment too late. My wife has just said she will come along to support - and to drive my lifeless body back to Durham!
  • Options
    Welcome Dave and well done age is just a number mate. If you dont mind me asking why did you run for brain tumour uk and yes there are 2 others that I know that are new to the distance so dont panic see you in a few week cheers Alan T.image
  • Options

Just been reading this thread as I have not been on since I signed up.  If the friendliness of this forum is anything to go on, it will be a fantastic race and I am really looking forward to it.  Hoiping to break that 2 hour barrier. 

Personally I don't mind about goodie bags as long as there is a drink of water at the end, and a friendly atmosphere.

• Options
    We always try and be cheerful and I for one am always smileing imageas it takes more muscles to frownimage than smile.image But on race day I may have a few funny looks on my faceimageimageimageimageimageimage as will be very busy but will always try and be jolly as most of the people who help on the day see you in a few weeks Alan Timage
  • Options

Good stuff Alan. Hope your cold has cleared up.

I got 11 miles done on Xmas day at a decent pace so that makes up for missing the Rudolph Run. Catforth HM on Monday and, after that, I`ll decide whether to come to Inskip or not. image

• Options
    Just been out and done 3 miles at pace and feel ok,it was hard after a week of not being able to breath but happy with 7.10 pace. Well all the best for monday what time you hopeing for if you need a drink at a certain place let me know and i'll take it for you.
  • Options
    I couldn't manage 7:10 pace on a bike...!
  • Options
    I struggle 7:10 pace in my car
  • Options

imageYou can the thing about running is that you do what you want to do. If your happy with your effort you put in then be happy but there is only you can push yourself. As I am only 5ft 9 and 13st 9lb but still kick lots of butt as I have a strong heart and a possitive mind and try and do quality training runs. If you want to get quicker you can it just hurts a bit more.image

• Options
    alan taylor 6 wrote (see)
    Just been out and done 3 miles at pace and feel ok,it was hard after a week of not being able to breath but happy with 7.10 pace. Well all the best for monday what time you hopeing for if you need a drink at a certain place let me know and i'll take it for you.
    Good stuff. Thanks for the offer. I did 1:39 there last year so I`d like to beat that. I`ll aim for 8.00 for the first mile and then settle in. That`s the plan. image
  • Options

I'll point out some of our local runners that are round about 1:37 / 8 and set of steady pitty i'm not running.

• Options
    Thanks Alan, drove out for an early morning park run with my dog today, beautiful sunrise, mild wind, fantastic - made a great change from the local streets! You asked about brain tumour UK? They're a great charity that help a lot of people, we lost a good friend to a brain tumour this year gone after a very long and brave battle, thats how we got involved. Never new brain tumours were so common. Hope to raise some more cash for them this year. Really looking forward to the run and so excited about my first half marathon : )

• Options
    Hi Dave we already have a few charities for this race but we do a 10 mile run called the Elswick Express if you and a few friends sign up for it I'll donate 200 quid from the run keep up the training and see you in a few weeks Alan T.
  • Options

imageNumber 199 has just gone so looking good for a full house and after the catforth today lots of entry forms where taken. But I will keep entries open till the 14th of jan as monday 16th is my last day to order everything for the event.image

• Options
    Just entered look forward to seeing you there Alan
  • Options
    Hi Martz who have you entered with as just had number 200 from carlisle image
  • Options
    Entered with UKresults
  • Options
    Just enter through UKresults looking forward to the run.
    Can you please organise good weather or at least not too windy or rainy/snowy - Thanks ;-P
  • Options
    Hi, im currently training for the Liverpool Half Marathon in March and spotting this has given me massive temptation to benchmark how my training is going.

Im currently doing 10 miles in 85 minutes and have a little left in the tank, would it be wise to attempt this, is it more for the competitive runner or would it be ok for a novice like myself??
  • Options
    Hi Darren it will be a good first one for as it has no hills and there will be a lot of people around your pace so you wont be on your own. After the run you can then builb on your performance and get better or just be happy knowing you gave it your best efforts hope to see you there Alan T.image
  • Options
    am in. See y'all there!
  • Options
    Just gone up to 235 and still got 5 days to closeing day.
  • Options
    Thanks Alan thats a gobsmacking offer, The Elswick Express eh? I think I'll have to take you up on it! Will see if I can get a little team together.

Darren you wont be the only "novice" as this is my first half marathon and I'm in! Like you I've entered for a half marathon later in the year but thought an earlier run would help me see where I am and break the ice!
  • Options
    Hi Dave your welcome last year we only had 154 in the race but if we get a full 300 i'll double it and we will have a collection on the day aswell.
  • Options
  • Options

I'm in, really looking forward to my first HM of 2012.

Carol,, I will come and say hello and Happy birthday!