Options

sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

Comments

• Options

sleep well AH and your chicks x

• Options
    Grotty day here in Yorkshire - has rained heavily most of the day - pleased I did my long run yesterday.

AH - Well done to J - he did amazing - especially in the run.

Susan - cricket sounds like great day out.

My only name dropping is that on I run on a Thursday with Gareth Southgate's (footballer) gardener! He is in the over 65s category and can still do 10Ks in around 40 mins - amazing!

Just finished packing for my trip down to London. Cant wait for the Jovi shows. First one tomorrow night. Its also been announced today that they are doing a 4 song promo on roof of O2 at 3:30 - train gets in at 3ish so will be mad dash to get there to try and catch it!Its also going to be live on Sky News apparently!

I am taking a netbook with me to London but not sure if hotel has free wi-fi so may or may not be able to log on. If not, see you all on Weds - should be there around 6:30 - 7.00 ish - assuming I don't get lost!
  • Options

Hi all -hope all well.

Leg seems much better. Did a gentle 5k on treadmill (supervised by Mrs M to make sure I didnt go too quick!) and no ill effects. Planning to go out Wed at some point to see how I feel - but no tennis for a couple of weeks at least. Did see a phys (NB AH - I was listening!!) and he gave me some exercises, but seemed pretty happy with my progress.

• Options
    Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭

Morning all. AH so nice to hear how the sporting future of our country (etc) is getting on. Well done that lad.

Mr M this all sounds v. sensible. Are you well? I am worried. (The physio exercises - are they by any chance strangely dull?)

10 miles Sun morning - really did not want to run 10 miles when I was woken up, but you know how it is, you go well I'll go out and see and then it's OK. Sort of. Very creaky & r. leg v. stiff & a bit uncomfortable but I braved the foam roller afterwards and today it all feels better than it did before the run. (Which is what you'd expect - the tiny hip issue I have gets worse with sitting around).

Marathon training officially starts today - 3 miles easy & then some stretches & strengthening (aka yoga class).

• Options

Fido - honest answer to am I well. The lack of being able to run  is DOING MY HEAD IN. I never was patient anyway and it is creating a strange void in my life. Bizzarre I know and v difficult to explain as I know I could do with a rest but the quicker I get back out there, the better.

Saw people running at weekend and felt a strange sense of jealousy and helpnessness.

Very odd I know but you did ask!

Exercises are SO DULL I could do them whilst working.

Plan this week - leg permitting - to get back but I am listening. I have had a few warnings in last few weeks re my body and yes i have listened (even though some dont think so!).

• Options
    eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭

Back at work today afer a weeks break havent run since last Tuesday.looking forward to getting out now.

sorry have not read back hope everyones well

• Options
    Mr M - good to hear the knee is recovering but please do make sure it is fully recovered before starting on your marathon schedule

Fido - sometimes runs that we really dont want to do turn out OK - sounds like your 10 miler went much better than you feared. Hope the marathon training goes well.

Sitting writing this on the train - bit of a slow connection and very bumpy so typing might be even worse than normal! not sure what i am doing bit when trains bumps i seem to be catching my hand on a key (cant work out which one) and my screen font is going from tiny to huge! anyone got any ideas what i might be pressing? (I have a Samsung netbook)
  • Options

Jovi - its a bumpy train ride. Know it well. Doing anything on laptop (partic as you go through tunnels) is a pain!

Yes - I promise not to run unless comfortable - v aware impact greater on the road. Actually calf not knee but its down there somewhere!

Also discovered an aunt has mouth cancer (the same thing that killed her husband - one reason I ran Edin for the hospice there) so a bit of a body blow. But that puts a sore leg into perspective.

• Options
    Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭
    Very sorry to hear that Mr M - hope your aunt has better luck :/
  • Options
    Ditto. Bizarre that they should both suffer from the same thing.
  • Options

Well done Mr M

Susan- What side of London do you live.? If its Ok would like to stay over W/C 19th. Would either be coming down the A1 from Grantham or M1 from Leicester. Would prefer a work day so leicester. Leave a bit early go to pub, get up early next morning and back to Leicester. Just need to work out if it works time wise. THANKSimage

Someone tell me not to think about an Autumn marathon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    I am not far from the bottom of the M1 Martin - in Willesden Green - NW10
  • Options

Thanks Susan. Im usually off work on Wed so either Mon or Thurs evening would be best for me. Any prefrence for you /and or others.

• Options
    personally would prefer Thursday .. so what date would that be if others going to get their diaries out??
  • Options

Thursday 22nd July - poss meet date for Martin in London to tell us his story....

wt - will you still be around then that week?? please say yes?? 

• Options
    Yes.................. image
  • Options
    I won't be able to come then cos I get back from Roth the day before that. Just think it might be too much for AR if I get home then leg it again. Also I might just not be up to it after all the driving etc. Pity cos it's perfect timing really...
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

evening all 

Wow ah you have j doing tri’s too, its lovely when they get into sport! He sounds brilliant, one of my work mates little girl is really getting into tri and starting to beat a lot of the kids she competes against

Tutu keep going with the studying and wedding planning is a nice incentive!

Susan sounds like a nice cause for Brighton

Nice to see  mr m is behaving, sorry to hear about your aunt mr m, that’s a tough one.

22 july should be good will check def tomorrow

less than 2 weeks till mini goes off and my best work mate is going off to america tomorrow too, ooh strange few weeks ahead

week one of mara schedule proper now, did my 3rd race on saturday, a lovely 5 miler in epping, I felt so tired on the uphill start but soon got going and overtook rivals on a long uphill stretch about half way round! think my body was getting used to racing, achilles was really inflamed yesterday and sore so no running then or today

did 3 planks howard and managed only 25secs, they are hard!! 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

July 22nd image

I have cut my planks down to 12 secs and only do one or two a day and not consecutively. I was feeling it for days after. I really do need to build up my core strength.

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh dear will they hurt tomorrow?
  • Options

Does it have to be the 22nd or could we leave it a week so AH might be able to come too and we can hear all about Roth?! Or are we just putting Martin in the limelight this time? image I would really like to come and will try and make sure I'm there this time.

Have fun those meeting up tomorrow!

Have been reading back but not time to write everything I want to... exam is tomorrow at 2pm, think of me! Last day of study now... need to crack on with it - thanks for the good luck messages!

• Options
    eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭
    End July begining of August is ok for me to attend
  • Options

Don't want to put a spanner in the works for a date that WT's down for. image  The other thing is that I have a pirate gathering on the Friday... and that makes me feel rather disloyal.  I do want to see you all... esp as I can't come tomorrow nightl and missed the last one.

Just been for - shock, horror, gasp - a run!  An hour/7 miles with 9 x 3 hard/zone 4. Feel ok but despite the rain am still sneezing and snivvelling and crying with hayfever and I think that's making me feel really sluggish. Well, sluggish in my head, if that makes sense.

Tutu's exam tomorrow image.

(Wabo). Not your friend, too??

• Options
    Sorry not been on here much. How is everybody? Where, when is the meeting tomorrow?
  • Options
    Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭

Willow Walk Coxy, the pub just by Victoria.

3 mile recovery run last night - then foam roller - then yoga - feel much better for it, almost normal again! A lady on a bike saw me jogging in the rain & said, "You're keen!" which I thought was ironic as she was out on a bike herself and also I know she teaches swimming at the local pool!

• Options
    Quick post - I can only make that date as I am down in London for that week. Had a look to see if I could do end of July beg of August but kids on holidays and wouldn't be possible. I don't mind if you want to arrange for a date that everyone can make if it is only being set for me.

Off to work ........
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ah my mate will be back in 2 weeks though image
  • Options

Willow Walk - what time are people getting there?

Another run this morning. One mile with walking for warm up and down. Left glute felt a bit sore so had a five minute sit in a cold bath; hopefully good for my foot as well.

• Options
    eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭
    Going out lunchtime then after work i have an Army Boot camp training sessions as its our company well being week this week, a 5 aside competion tomorrow based on the World cup so iam afraid i cant make tomorrow either.