Options

RW Forum Six 4 hrs

Comments

• Options
    Go Plum image

I want to potter out tomorrow night for about 4m - but leave the Garmin behind, maybe?
  • Options

Good Idea Hobbitty......

Letys see if anything drops off, breaks, expels itself violently from your body before we get back into the serious stuff 

On a lighter note I ran for a little bit last night trying to use the shoulder as much as normal and whilst it aches ths morning it is not sore and hasnt dropped off so onwards and upwards

• Options
    Well, after a phone conflab with Plum - tonight's run is deferred until tomorrow night image
    I am still coughing and a bit wheezy - but feel miles better in myself image

I'm also entered into a night, off-road, obstacle-based fun 10k on Saturday evening. I had been thinking I wouldn't make it, but one more day's recovery and a couple of little potters may see me right enough to be allowed out to play image
    (I have to convince Mr F that it is OK for me to go, otherwise he'll fret)
  • Options
    Tell Mr F I wont be there then he will be fine image

Whilst it is still on your chest you really shouldn't exert yourself, headcolds are fine for running with but once it slips into the chesticles stop......

Today should have been a medium 10 miler at about MP recovery 3 or 4 tomorrow. LSR of 18 on Saturday but we will start yours where we left off a couple of weeks ago just to make sure you are still in the zone

I have not had any serious repercussions with the arm today or last night so I will have a turbo tonight and then a decent run on Saturday hopefully.......
  • Options

Good to see you are both on the mend now.

• Options
    I still have 4 ruddy weeks of semi inactivity ......... I had to batter the consultant for ages before he agreed that sitting on my fat ass for 4 weeks was not n option.......

How are you my little Antipodean
  • Options
    I can help teach you the art of successful slobbing if you're free in the next month plum!
  • Options
    a true professional SLOBBING........ just what i need

• Options
    Frets .....

...... just a little
  • Options

Fret not - I'm alive image

Had a bad evening with wheezing last night, so didn't run, but got back on the turbo and biked to work this morning image

Heart rates are all over the place and I'm not back up to 100% O2, but I don't feel I can do myself any damage by exercising again image

• Options
    Hows everybody feeling? Long runs planned for tomorrow?
  • Options
    I saw Frodo up North yesterday when she did a 12k night adventure race through woods etc. Not sure how much good it did her as she was still coughing like a good one when she finished......She is under orders to get better before doing much long faster stuff as she has a couple of bits of really long stuff coming up and needs to make sure she is right for that..... It may be we have to hold fore on the faster marathon this spring to make sure she is fir for her Ultra's but we still have a bit of time to get some speedwork in before her race...... we shall see..

I know Mike did 13 1/2 ish this morning what did you get up to Ricky?
  • Options
    I'm still alive though, so no harm done image
  • Options
    Top coughing wench...... you feeling ok today?
  • Options
    I've had the most decadent of non-training Sundays; soggy dog walk, massive Sunday lunch, snoozle and wall-to-wall sports watching.
    Coughing has largely been limited to when I laugh, changes in temperature and exertion. I'm definitely winning the battle image
  • Options

13.4 miles in just under 2 hours - I make that 8:53 miling - and that includes some occasional walking up the steep bits in t'park. I am happy with that result. (May even make me fastest supervet in my club's half marathon championship, owing to very low turnout image )

Top marshalling and rehydrating by Womble

• Options

AND I DID STRETCH - and foam rollering of the ITBs - as instructed by the mentor 

whom I saw on Friday night at that there Doggetts

• Options
    15 and a bit on the Treaddie for me. I have already been chastised by the ringbearer elsewhere. I am abashed. image
  • Options
    Get well Frodo, don't miss North Dorset. Good running Mike, or was it closer to swimming today?
  • Options
    You doing Dorset Kate?
  • Options
    I am, it's the first one I ever did 2 years ago and it's so good it got me hooked.
  • Options

Excelent running Mike!

a long slow and wet 18 miles for me yesterday 2.32 - so pretty pleased especially as nothing has fallen off......

looking forward to a rest today

• Options

18 miles in 2:32?  That certainly predicts a sub 4 marathon

My only advice is, in the race, run slower than that during the first half even if you don't feel like it

• Options

Good advice thanks Mike - I know, I kept having to remind myself to slow down in the first 5 miles - I then tried to run at marathon pace for the last 8.

I totally ruined myself in 2010 as I started too fast and ended up limping home in 4.26 - It's mostly speedwork this week with a brisk 13 miles on Sunday so i'll try to work on pace.

Are you up to much?

• Options

I was told many moons ago in the days of the Dunlop Green Flash and raisins as energy foods that if you feel comfortable in the first few miles you are going too fast  image

London is a bitch in that you have a time in your head that is based on mile one in say 9:00 mins, mile 2 in 18:00 etc and it all goes tits up because of the congestion and you try to push or dodge round people to make up the time, Fatal....... stick to a straight line and abandon any sort of plan till about mile 3 and take it from there as it thins out a tiny bit. if you are 4 mins behind schedyule at mile 3 then you have 22 miles to make it up... 12 secs a mile is doable as a steady run.... trying to lash out 4 x 8 min miles in the first quarter of the race will leave you dead in the water

For a sub 4 London IMHO you need to train to run at 3:50 pace because that is what you will need to run for the 22 you can actually settle down and run in.

Frodo is getting better and taking it asy on pain of a beating but the rest f you seem to be getting there....now is the time to alternate the long weekend runs with a slightly shortr one the following week to allow for recovery.  always prefer to run areally long one at just under pace more for the head than anything else but it does dpend on how well you recover.

My last 8 weeks would be

1 ............. 18@MP
    2 ..............20
    3 ............... 18@MP
    4 ..............22
    5 .............. 18@MP
    6 ............. 22+
    .............. 13@MP
    8  Race

But then I recover wuite well because of the endurance stuf i do so you have to see how you coped with last weekends long stuff

• Options
    How's the shoulder et al Plum?
  • Options
    sore but getting better
  • Options

Did 6 miles today, the middle 4 quite briskly including 1km at about 7:15 m/m pace

(also cycled about 23 miles, purely as transport)

• Options
    top cross training MrF

I coached club session tonight but managed a couple of bits just to embarrass the young'uns into trying a bit harder