Options

Support Group 1

Comments

• Options

Time for some visuals - here's where we'll be on Sunday.

At about 16 and three quarter miles there's a sharp left turn at the Lord Nelson pub, and you start to head back towards the towers of Canary Wharf. We're a few hundred meters up the road. Last year we were on the right hand side - in the picture, if you can see the pelican crossing, we were just before there. Of course, there will be banners, balloons, and people bouncing up and down on the day image.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/13234/Gallery/Mudchute_2.JPG

• Options

Evening Group one, glad to hear we are all getting excited image

This week is "one hundred ways to east pasta" week - last night it was fusilli with homemade pesto and parmesan, this evening it's a bit more indulgent - fusilli with caramelised balsamic onions and blue cheese, tomorrow it will probably be some sort of spicy, sausagey combo with rigatoni image

I'll take showers on Sunday as long as this pigging wind lets up - it's been manky today image

• Options

Mmmm they sound good Screampillar!

ok information that I am missing:

Denny - Can you confirm what you will be wearing.  It makes it easier to spot you
    Badbark - estimated time to 17
    Minardi - can you confirm you will be in fetch gear and estimated time to 17

• Options

Ok spready done, I've got you all logged and estimated times to 17.  image

Just a reminder, if you have special needs please drop your stuff at the expo clear labelled with your name and support group. 

• Options
    Evening all image
    All weather checks I've done show rain on Sunday but like Screamapillar I am fine with the rain it's wind. It's going to play havoc with my hair imageimage

I've gone from being really excited about Sunday to really nervous about it (as in can't eat due to nerves and I NEVER lose my appetite!). By the weekend though I'm sure I'll be back round to excited. Not long now....

• Options
    Hi Support Group 1,

I just joined this wonderful group and am looking forward to mile 17!

This will be my fourth marathon although my last was in 2004 and this is my first VLM so I am a little nervous. I would like to be faster than the other three times but my more realistic goal time is to finish before nightfall. image

I need to start getting early nights so please chastise me when I post late night.

Run Zaftig Run!
  • Options
    Chastisement .... now SBH I believe that's right up your street image
  • Options

hi! not long now!

sorry, i havent been around here much the last few weeks.. am getting equally excited and nervous and a bit mad

my details are:

Forum name - deedee24
    Name: di
    Race number: 8784
    Estimated time to mile 17: hopefully somewhere around 12.15-12.30
    What you'll be wearing: all black and either sunglasses or cap or both..,. fingers crossed for 10 deg and sun
    Any special needs: a neew pair of legs for the last 9 miles!! i wouldnt mind a few pringles if theres any going spare!!

i'm heading to the expo on friday so maybe see anyone who's around then

• Options
    Ok... I hope this is incorrect... I finally got metcheck.com to work.

They have forecasted rain with periods of sleet.....!!!!!! for the early part and then clearing up around midday.

Might have to rethink what I will wear

Fingers crossed it changes
  • Options
    way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭
    hhhmmmm weather channel now forecasting high of 15 degrees with 13kph wind and showers - would be happy with that but think may just have to wait and see what it's like on the day as all websites seem to be giving different info right now...... 4 days to go everyoneimageimageimageimageimageimage (sorry, go into smiley overload when excited)
  • Options
    @Way2slow... you are completely correct.. just downloaded the Met office app and it is different to what Metcheck is saying

The good news is that the Met Office are saying no sleet, slightly warmer with light rain from 9am until 3pm.. still not ideal

4 days to go imageimage
  • Options
    GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

to be honest. weather forecasts are rubbish! in 2009 the forecast the night before said 16 degrees and slight breeze -perfect running weather the forecaster said and the actual day was a scorcher.... am ignoring all forecasts henceforth! image

going to collect my number tonight - somehow having the number makes me calmer.....

• Options

Im getting excited now imageimageimageimageimageimage

• Options

Tra la la la la la la la!!!!!!

That's me not listening to any of you talking about sleet or high winds image there'll be none of that on Sunday (unless one has a curry for dinner the night before lol image)

We've ordered cloudy with sunny spells not too high a temperature, a bit of a breeze but no wind like we've had the last couple of days and the odd shower but nothing too heavy. And I have a 'special arrangement' with him upstairs so that's the end of the matter!! image

Anyone been to the Expo today? We won't be doing any pick ups from there for the groups today but I'll be toddling along tomorrow night, will be at the stand about half five and will lurk for a bit if anyone wants to come say hello. you won't be able to miss me, I'm a walking example of why women shouldn't commute, rucksack and suit with timberland boots for comfort - no heels for me on the way in and out of London!!

Seriously, if you are going to be there please don't be shy it'd be lovely to meet you properly before I'm launching myself at you for sweaty hugs on Sunday image

• Options
    Won't be at expo till Saturday am. image Sounds like a good order of weather there! image
  • Options
    way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭
    would love to come along and say hello SBH but can't make it down until friday afternoon image am staying at the travelodge in greenwich - anyone know how far away that is from the green start?
  • Options
    I'll be there same time Friday image I'm also meeting up with Tickled Pink and SnailsPace that evening so there'll be a coven of us! Ooops, I mean a group of us image
  • Options
    imageimageimage Time to get the party started imageimageimage
  • Options

@SBH - if my test run goes ok tomorrow then I will be at the Expo Friday after work, around 5.30pm to 6pm. I'll come and say hello if you are there

One last mention of the weather imageimage

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/421030/Gallery/Sunday_Marathon_Weather.JPG

• Options
    GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

@waytooslow - was struggling to think where travelodge greenwich was.... and it is slightly out of greenwich on the way to lewisham. reckon a 10 min walk to greenwich centre and then another 15 or 20 up to the green start. HTH

Steve - thought we'd agreed no more weather chat?!

• Options

Oh bless, we'll let you off Stevie just on the basis I'll get to see you Friday image

I'm feeling norty today, don't quite know what to do with myself! Just thought I'd share image

• Options

Lol norty SBH, hope you are still feeling llike that on Sunday!

Rob, you were after nuun tablets, is there a specific flavour you use?

• Options

Hi SBH - have PMd you. 

Have been trying not to think too much about Sunday but it's becoming unavoidable now. Have stocked up on Imodium and bananas and got the most important bit of kit - the big post-race bag of kettle chips image

• Options
    Dropped off my little bag of goodies at the Expo today. Very excited for mile 17, thank you so much. image

I'm in Pen 9 so it might take me an hour to get to the start but I'll get there eventually... image
  • Options
    GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

dropped my bag off too - thank you!

nearly bought t-shirts for the kids saying "My Mum ran the London Marathon 2012" but then thought that was tempting fate - think the Adidas woman thought I was rather odd!!

marquees are up on the Heath, and the crowd barriers are ready to go up tomorrow - v exciting!

• Options
    way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭
    cheers Gladrags -  that's not too bad distance wise for my warm-up image. 3 more days to go..........COME ON!!!! will be down at expo around 5-5.30 friday too SBH so may see you at the runners world stand.....
  • Options
    Morning all....Zatfig put me on to this thread, terrific idea! As my gang will be at 7 then 20 this will give me a boost at 17 I hope! Here's the info if you would kindly give me a whoop as I limp by!

Forum Name - Phatboyrunning
    Name - Phil
    Number - 34487 red start
    Time to mile 17 - 2.40 ish....around 1pm depending on the start delays
    Kit - Orange Arthritis Research UK vest, black shorts, bright yellow shoes with red laces
    Special needs - A smile, a wave and a cheer!

Looking forward to waving back on Sunday. Thanks again and fab idea!
  • Options
    GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

welcome phatboy!

am either in full marathon madness or actually have the start of a cold..... today, I shall mainly be drinking Tropicana....

• Options
    Thanks Gladrags

Well I'm snorting Vicks First Defence like it's methadrone.... image
    It's the madness of taper. I have also pulled every muscle in each leg and put on 2 stone this week. Oh, and I have forgotten how to run....