Support Group 3

Comments

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Page 39 vlm mag image Trust me, I is an honourable SC, SC
  • Us non-runners don't get to see the mag so we have no idea what is going on, and the web site is awful.
  • That SC, he can be trusted ...I think I saw him at Bath Half once dressed in a kilt ...
    9.00am Elite women
    9.20am Wheelchair athletes men and women
    9.45am BUNDLE!!!!! image
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    09.00 elite women
    09.20 wheelchair
    09.45 mass start

I've been called many things in my life - but a mass? - that's new

Stray Cat is telling the truth - well, about the start times anyway! image
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Didn't see you there B - shows how slow I am at typing - bit like my running
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    I am a straycelt not a Stray Cat, although I have been called worse. Yes indeed,  I was spotted at Bath celebrating a Welsh Grand Slam by running in a Welsh Kilt. (We Celts, stray or otherwise), do stick together!) image
  • "stray cat" *snigger*
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Oops - Sorry StrayCELT - I know that's your name - at the time of typing my cat decided to walk in front of me and the laptop and obviously took control of my brain and my subconscious.

Saying that though I imagine you might be a runaway boy?!
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Emigrated to Engerlund in the 80's and moved to Wales in the late 90's. Still go home from time to time and meet up with family and somme weeelly nice forumites
  • Afternoon lovelies!! Just popping in to see how everyone's doing and to give a bit of a wave image

SC, B and Maddy - let me know if you need anything, PM me if you'd like my mobile number for just in case scenarios on Sunday.....

5 SLEEPS PEOPLES!!!!!!! image

• 5 sleeps!  OMG image

I can't upload a piccie of me because they are too many KBs.  I keep getting rejected!

• Oppsy five is not that many sleeps to go is it
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    No, but can be increased with power nappingimageThought this was a good thread....where is everybody?????
  • Are you questioning the quality of the three teamsters SC? image We are very busy sorting the jelly babies into colour-coded piles ... what colour did you want? image
  • B, supercaz - thx for the kit advice. I'll probably bring a choice on the day & see weather forecast as well.

Straycelt - no, I can't make the pasta party as have to take my son back to uni that day with all his stuff. So much for taking it easy the day before the race!
  • Hi Supercaz told me to join this group, so heres my details

Name: Matt Purslow

Number: 25692

Wearing: Blue top with a white acorns charity vest on top (probably decorated by coursemates-architects are a creative bunch!) or just a white acorns charity vest depending on the weather image

Mile 17 approx 2.20 after start (Hopefully sooner)

Special Needs?: Yes.. Jelly babies! image

Thank you!

smilies/smile_smiley.gif

• Raining and windy in brighton this morning.  Good thing it wasn't like this for the mara on Sunday.  Hope it's not like this for the mara next Sundayimage
  • You are not far from me Sally, Eastbourne is also wild and autumnal this morning! We definitely don't wNt this come Sunday, it can get it out of it's system now!
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Black and red for me please B. Just enough to keep me going for 8 miles or 64 mins I hopeimage
    Morning all. Are we getting a little bit excited yet?
  • oof I fink we have run out of red and black ones ... *whisltes innocently*
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Just as well the twosies are there to look after me....and I thought we were friendsimage
  • I'm sooo excited, and I think I like it, I'm about to lose control la la la la la la
  •     No running for me tonight aargg   cant stop eating  cant stop eating  must walk the dog again  must walk the dog again

• Here's where you'll see us on the day. At about 16 and three quarter miles there's a sharp left turn at the Lord Nelson pub, and you start to head back towards the towers of Canary Wharf. We're a few hundred meters up the road. Last year we were on the right hand side - in the picture, if you can see the pelican crossing, we were just before there. Of course, there will be banners, balloons, and people bouncing up and down on the day image.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/13234/Gallery/Mudchute_3.JPG

• Hiya is it too late to join one of the support groups for sunday and drop goodies  off on sat - Thanks
  • Nope never too late biker mum although we do ask for some detail so we know who we are looking for
  • Thanks for the photo Running Rodent, helps to have an idea what to look for.

Being completely unphotogenic, I don't have any photos in my running kit - but hopefully I'll see some of you at the expo on Thurs - otherwise I'll be the random excited but knackered one at mile 17!

I have no idea whether I'm excited or nervous - seems a bit surreal at the moment...
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Getting a great late run on Justgiving....up to £3750...wow...must increase fanbase! Thanks everyone who has supported. Big hugs on the day for sureimage
  • Hi, have I been added to the runner list, supplied my details a couple of pages back! Excited now.. 4 days! Eeek.. image
  • Good idea with the pic RR.

We'll be just past the water station (assuming it's where it was last year)