Options

Support Group 6

1234568»

Comments

• Options

lol I missed you too ! but great knowing you were there with all the other supporters , magic ( if hot) day!

i came in at 4hrs 45 , slowed down by the look of it after mile 17 .

• Options

I missed you all too. I was on the other side of the road when I realised I'd already passed mile 17. Anyway, thanks a lot for being there. I finished in 3hrs 50mins, 20 mins slower than Rome last year, so a bit disappointing, but the hamstring injury slowed me down. Next year? Probably not. Give it a break, and try Paris, Barcelona or somewhere else. I just know it won't be the same but there you go.

Well done to everyone else.

• Options
    Everybody has gone. It's all over. I'm suffering a bit with post marathon blues. Anyone else?
  • Options

I'm suffering a LOT with toothache. FAR more serious.

Enter another race, you'll be fine.

• Options

Sorry to hear that FL. Going to the dentists soon I hope?

Entered 6 races today and doing the Berlin marathon in September. Don't expect it to be as good as London though image

• Options

Been to dentist, not the miracle cure I was hoping for.

Well done on race entries. Berlin is quick. I've done 6 races in 6 weeks, tooth permitting aiming for 10 in10! (3 are parkruns).

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Oh crickey Foxy Lady - I feel your pain and I hope it gets sorted soon. I cannot stand toothache (it's the one sort of pain that I can't do).

I admit - i've been abit event heavy.... did a 10km agility run today, a 20k race at the end of may followed by some smaller races. I used my post marathon blues to go a little heavy on my races!

• Options
    I need to get back to Parkruns. Such a great buzz around them! They took a backseat when I was doing the long Sunday runs for marathon training. I've done almost zero speedwork this year, apart from a few races. Certainly affected my marathon pace.
  • Options
    I like parkrun, free race buzz but get bored of my local but haven't run it much lately as been racing so have marshalled a lot...
  • Options
    I know what you mean. If I'm on holiday in the UK, I try to do the local Parkrun on the Saturday, and find a local club to run midweek with. Did one in the Isle of Wight last year. Our local run often has 250+ people, so quite big. The smaller ones are more fun.