Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Let us know if you get an eggy flash. Love that the stool is breeding. 

• Options
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

Radar Sal's flag's about to make its second public appearance tomorrow, with a bit of a Doctor Moore twist. A minute's silence, please, for the good folk of Sunderland. Now, I just need to find a pole...

Love it.

• Options

Finally managed to watch the video; it's just brilliant.

• Options
    Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭

Just dropping in after a few quiet weeks. And what a day to drop back in. You guys are amazing.

Orbutt - absolutely fantastic job on the video. Must have taken you ages to pull this together.

Thanks very much for a fantastic memory of a fabulous weekend. It is truly a masterpiece.

Still getting over the fact that London have picked the same weekend as Paris. Will probably be doing Paris again as having done it once, I now know what to expect and if I can stay injury free I will know how to deal with the last 6-7 kms through the woodland.

Will enter the VLM ballot and if I get a place I will defer it.

Tried this week to get back into some proper training as the Bupa 10k in London is only 4 weeks away. Really struggled with getting the legs and body to remember what the fast stuff feels like. Hopefully next week will be a bit better.

• Options

RS if u can be arsed bring the flag for a photo opportunity tomorrow

• Options

Weedy - class! Looks like I'll have to run then...! See you on the course.

Iain

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

TJB - The Stool is in my bag, but someone might have to carry it for me while we run.  Wasn't planning on running with a bag.

• Options

RS - what you running tomorrow?

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Good luck to all those running today!

• Options
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

TJB - The Stool is in my bag, but someone might have to carry it for me while we run.  Wasn't planning on running with a bag.

Yes but what about the flag?

• Options
    Suzy Martines wrote (see)

Ah, but did you cry?

• Options

A Half marathon, you say, around Sunderland, in April?

Best get on with it then.

Good luck Londoners, with the Jimbob Half...!

• Options

Good Luck Iain! Londeners have fun!

Running here is postponed/cancelled due to worse than normal weather....its hellish....and Naomi has her first athletics competition of the season today.image

• Options

Something wrong with this laptop. I canna get into my emails or FB???

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

RS - what you running tomorrow?

around london with TJB, RR and Tartinpimpersomething.  This is our tentative route: http://www.walkjogrun.net/routes/current_route.cfm?rid=42B26702-C142-3E69-8110ABE19F3F0334

Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

Yes but what about the flag?

hee hee hee, the stool jokes just keep coming like...

• Options

RS, I don't mind transporting the stool in my Paris drawstring kit bag, nothing else mind otherwise the strings dig in

• Options
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
    Suzy Martines wrote (see)

Ah, but did you cry?

I do believe there is a terribly high pollen count in SW London at the moment; it must have been that...

Good luck Iain and have fun in London guys.

• Options

Kaz - it's just not right is it, for the weather to be so crap for so long?

Thanks for explaining the Michelle Obama reference DLR (actually, I hadn't realised that, thanks P&D image). I was afraid it was a reference to Secret Service agents in my shrubbery.

Strange day yesterday - for the first time since  I was 21 (ie a couple of years) I am no longer the owner of a car. It dawned on me when I had it MOT'd and discovered I'd only driven 200 miles last year that it was time to let it go, so yesterday it went. Feels a bit odd, I've always considered myself a driver. On the plus side, Rodent Towers now has undercover parking for visitors image.

Right, off to psyche myself up for the raid on Central London.

• Options

RR - Its just not right indeed, I was all hopeful of a lovely jog in spring like weather this morning! Looks like its going to be a while(if ever) before I get the capris oot and put gloves, hat and jacket away!image I think that would feel strange, although not using it often I still keep my car just incase! It gets used once a week on the weekly athletics run/shopping trip!!

Enjoy the run guys!

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Orbutt - wow, what a fantastic vid, really enjoyed watching that. Fantastic stuff. As for the other video - I almost rejected my breakfast watching that one! Totally mental.

kaz1 - the weather has been bad enough down here so I can't imagine what you're having to deal with in the outer reaches of the galaxy. You're made from harder stuff than me for sure. I think my spirit would have been crushed a long time ago. Will keep my fingers crossed for some sun for you soon.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend all. And have fun on the London run - looks like a very nice route you have planned (PS. I initially made a typo writing 'like' as 'loike' - seems I can now type in a lahhndon accent image)

• Options

Malc - Haha outer reaches of the galaxy indeed!! It certainly feels like that at times! If I was training for something,  I would of braved it but  I am just trying to enjoy running for the next couple of weeks and there would be no enjoyment in running in that!!

Resistance training instead. Increased dumbell weights. OMG. image

• Options

Have fun in that there London..  the weather looks lovely for it...

I had a bit of a hairdressing malfunction this morning.   I was using the clippers to tidy my hair and the end came off and I shaved a stripe from my neck around to just over my left ear.  It all happened so fast.   There is no way to recover from this apart from shaving all my hair off...  I haven't gone totally bald, but it is now a No.1 all over...    image

The good news is that the grey hairs don't notice as much.....

• Options

Good luck Iain with the half, and to the London branch of the BCDC.

Weather pretty naff here too. but I am still doing NOTHING.

DV - when can we see some photos of the new hairdo?

• Options

BCDC? Oops. BCRC

• Options

Unless you are drinking? That could be another club? BCDC... 

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

It's like ACDC only more advanced.

RR I'm worried about the presence of agents in your shrubbery.  I suggest poking around with a sharp stick.

• Options
    Dark Vader wrote (see)

Have fun in that there London..  the weather looks lovely for it...

I had a bit of a hairdressing malfunction this morning.   I was using the clippers to tidy my hair and the end came off and I shaved a stripe from my neck around to just over my left ear.  It all happened so fast.   There is no way to recover from this apart from shaving all my hair off...  I haven't gone totally bald, but it is now a No.1 all over...    image

The good news is that the grey hairs don't notice as much.....

Get yourself a long sleeved vintage Ben Sherman and skank away to some late 60s skinhead reggae DVimage

• Options

where did my hair go..?   image

I actually like that type of music...   image

• Options

Indeed.  You can't not like rocksteady and SR.  From a time when skinhead subculture generally wasn't tainted with far right nonsense.