Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

DV - First place!! I have been boasting to my friends about it. It's OK for us forumites to bask in your reflected glory isn't it?

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)
    Emmy H wrote (see)
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)
    Emmy H wrote (see)

He's my forum hubby for a reasonimage I like to corrupt him!

I should have seen it coming. Our first date was an expo pasta party image

I can just imagine telling my imaginery forum children... It all started at the Paris expo pasta party with Jimbob, his mate Dan, Ingrid... No wait - that doesnt sound very innocent does it?

How many imaginary children are we having? Jimbob, RS and RR will have to be imaginary godparents. And Maus of course, seeing as she started all this.

No teaching them rude words mind, Uncle Jimbob and Auntie Sal.

DV - that's outstanding.

Kaz - emergency appointment doesn't sound good...hope it turns out okay.

HS - Loved the pottery medal image

Yer Maj - You decided to come here for a bit of sanity? Just think of it as the last couple of miles in a marathon - it's tough, but the end's in sight.

Hmm.. I'm open to discussionimage

Yer-Maj- I agree with weedy - it's almost over. 

Dannirr wrote (see)

Can I be the uncle that lives far, far away?

Sure! You can be the exotic uncle who keeps sending pictures of his wonderful life!

Simon MacPerky wrote (see)

DV - First place!! I have been boasting to my friends about it. It's OK for us forumites to bask in your reflected glory isn't it?

Don't worry Simon - I've been doing the same. My colleagues keep saying: how can you run a marathon every weekend? I replied: "I'm nothing special- DV ran 100 miles this weekend!"

• Options

Can I be a fairy godmother? I'll get a wand and everything image. Good luck to the exam afflicted. I find cleaning out the fridge is a good revision- avoidance tactic. Unless you're one of those terribly organised people who does it regularly anyway.

• Options

Every Tuesday without fail RRimage I definately have OCD!! 

Feeling a bit more positive about everything today, which is a bloody good job a only a week until I leave a 11 yr old in charge for 2 weeks......What will I come home to?!?!image

Good note is after 2 days I can see a difference, so hopefully I will have lovely clear skin again by next week!! 8 weeks of anti-biotics thou, but to save looking like I hae the measles it will be worth it.

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭
    Emmy H wrote (see)

Don't worry Simon - I've been doing the same. My colleagues keep saying: how can you run a marathon every weekend? I replied: "I'm nothing special- DV ran 100 miles this weekend!"

If you're not special, where am I on the food chain ?  I've told people about your achievements and they were amazed.  I haven't had the chance but will anyone believe me if I told them about DV ?

• Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭

Wow DV, even the thought of 100 miles makes my muscles ache!

Yuck to the exam crew, hope it goes well. 

RR -when you say cleaning out the fridge you do mean eating everything right? 

Can I be added to the Cheddar Gorge Half on 23rd June,  going to be a hilly one.

• Options

Cheddar Gorge..........thought you were still speaking about the fridge!!

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi all,

One for the techies - i've got my pictures through for mittelrhein but they're tiny. I'm tempted to get one but there are 2-3 that are 'probables'. Do you know any way of getting a larger version just so i can see if it's a smile or a complete grimace?

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

I dont want anymore children. Done my bit. The thought of adding to it fills me with dread.

I just never seem to win anything. That 81 million would have gone down very nicely.

Abersoch 10k on Saturday morning. I hope it recovers from its earthquake this morning. I haven't heard of any state of emergency being declared yet.

Going for a PB. Only the hills and the last mile on the beach stand in my way.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    James B 73 wrote (see)

This needs to be on a t-shirt.  
  • Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Emmy - from my view over here, it's you who has the exotic life. image

• Options
    Dannirr wrote (see)

Can I be the uncle that lives far, far away?

There's normally always a reason why people chosse to live a long way from that uncle Dannirr. How about a better description. The adventurous relative whose life is so extraordinary that words fail to adequately describe the extent of his significance to the family?

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

TD - I like it, even if the significance is rather overstated!

• Options

Ah hah! I can type! New phone for the win!

Now to review what I've missed... ive missed you guys!

However, I would like you to go and google runners world uk forum paris as I have just done (bookmark in old phone, not here - what do you find is the quickest way to access the forum?) and see what the first result is...

• Options

Can I be the cousin down under???

TD - I have a stamp that says Amazeballs at work, my colleagues already think im crazy so whatevs image

• Options
    James B 73 wrote (see)

James, I got a PB with hills last Saturday so it is within reach.  A beach however might be trickier ... I wouldn't stop to buy an icecream  image

• Options

Holy moly,  Another interval session done, but had to do on tm as tooo hot ootsideimage

Anyway 12 x 2 mins with 90 sec recoveries all at 16km/h.......Dare I say it, but I am actually beginning to enjoy intervals0-image

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

I quite enjoy intervals especially the jogging bit.

Plus the jogging after the threshold run.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Another intersting one.  I think if you stick around long enough, whatever you are doing will be exactly right

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/study-rearfoot-forefoot-strike-equally-efficient

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

ooh Bloomsbury half coming up 23rd June, I fancy challenging fellow Bloomers to getting a Pb.  James, DLR, RS, Yermaj, Suzi, Maus and Jimbob. How's this? We all pb our half up Bloomsway and I'll increase my current ITLR donation by the same again. Too much pressure? Come on! Lay your half times on me ...... image

• Options

03:45 min pace/km is excellent Kaz. I would not advise you try to go faster at this stage, But the 2mins is worth about 600m distance. I imagine you will be moving towards peak heart rate quite quickly but the interval is over quickly too.  Either try to gradually hold the pace for longer, or knock it back to 15kmh and see if you can do a whole km at that pace - sustaining the high HR for longer will do you good.

Great stuff missus, and all this whilst dosed up on Antibiotics?!? image

• Options

Thanx TD.

Anti- biotics is for 8 weeks so training will have to be careful, but it is only 400mg per day??? I did 800m intervals @ 3.05-3.12 mins last week outdoors! Longer intervals next week! 

• Options

TD - If doing longer intervals, how many do I do?? image

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Sitting at home awaiting new treadmill delivery....

• Options

12x2 mins = 24 mins. That's already A LOT of work. I tend to keep intervals to around 20 mins total but if you can keep knocking them out, then do so. Normally I'm pretty beaten up by the end of them.

Pinging DV! Are you still going to be in Brugges on the evening of Thursday 13th June. Dannirr, are you going to be in the country then? Because Running Rodent is going to be in Brussels that night, Emmy can drive, so maybe we can all hook up that evening?  Let us know your travel status please.  CHEERS!

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Dan, It's quite clear , you're Scottish. Everyone in Scotland has an Uncle -in -America. * We emmigrate well image *

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

Pinging DV! Are you still going to be in Brugges on the evening of Thursday 13th June. Dannirr, are you going to be in the country then? Because Running Rodent is going to be in Brussels that night, Emmy can drive, so maybe we can all hook up that evening?  Let us know your travel status please.  CHEERS!

Well, this is as good a time as any to make the full plans known - not that I'm sure many would be interested, but here goes:

Mrs D and I will be in Europe from June 19 - July 5th, visiting places in Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia and Austria.  It's a car trip (you know me and the old car thing!).  The trip commemorates the 1913 Alpine Trials, and we will follow almost the identical route in the very same cars.

Where does DV fit into all this?  Well, he is doing me a huge, huge favour. I am shipping my car to England (with a few friends and their cars) but I do not have the added time needed to get the car to Switzerland and back - so DV graciously offered to drive my car to and from St Moritz. He will accompany some friends of mine who will help him with the car if needed (and I hope not!).   So he will be in Belgium en route Switzerland - unfortunately I will not image

If it is of any interest at all to anyone, I will be writing a blog of the trip and it can be found here:

http://alpinetour2013.blogspot.com

There is an itinery there already, as well as the full description of the reason for the trip. Usually it's just family who bothers to read it, but you all are welcome.  And if you find yourself anywhere near where we'll be, we'd LOVE to see you.

I am looking forward to my runs on this trip too. Can't wait for that image

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Dan, do you have a route map? I'm particularly interested in your route through Switzerland....

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

ATM:  I will before I leave.  I'll post it on the blog when I have the details