Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

TD..   as Dannirr said...   yes, I will be in Brugges that evening and it would be fab if we can get a small group of us together  image   

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Thanks, Dan * psst. When I finally manage to marry-off, Ms. ATM, can you come round in Chipping? I'll provide the white ribbon...*

My Uncles-in America ( cousins etc) are in New York, Minnesota and North Carolina. No-one in Australia ( no criminal past in our family..image ); no-one( bizarrely) in Canada..

Anyone else got direct links to Dan? ( I know, I know., D. We have to go via SA.

* Scottish Legal System + SA Legal System, common Civil Law roots...Yawn, here..* )

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Jimbob - my best was 1.43 at Liverpool in march. After 12 weeks of marathon training and a poorly knee. I picked up the sub 1.45 training schedule at week 5. Feeling in great shape and have concentrated on speed in the week and min 10 mile at weekend. But I look back and wonder how I managed it.

but I'm going for a sub 1.45 with a fingers crossed on a pb.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

ATM - Chipping and I would both be honoured. It might be easier for her to get married here however image

/members/images/698298/Gallery/s175mk_wedding_and_me_2.jpg

This was the best "payment" for this wedding. A close friend's daughter

• Options

Gorgeous photo.

I can hardly move now after mowing the lawn and walking the dog......image

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Good idea... I'll get right on it...image * knitting  fiance...*

Meantime,since  I am quite sure I'm going to love Marseille, I'm pencilling-in a June 2014 Thread-trail to

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/9280768.jpg

• Options
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)
    Emmy H wrote (see)
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)
    Emmy H wrote (see)

He's my forum hubby for a reasonimage I like to corrupt him!

I should have seen it coming. Our first date was an expo pasta party image

I can just imagine telling my imaginery forum children... It all started at the Paris expo pasta party with Jimbob, his mate Dan, Ingrid... No wait - that doesnt sound very innocent does it?

How many imaginary children are we having? Jimbob, RS and RR will have to be imaginary godparents. And Maus of course, seeing as she started all this.

No teaching them rude words mind, Uncle Jimbob and Auntie Sal.

DV - that's outstanding.

Kaz - emergency appointment doesn't sound good...hope it turns out okay.

HS - Loved the pottery medal image

Yer Maj - You decided to come here for a bit of sanity? Just think of it as the last couple of miles in a marathon - it's tough, but the end's in sight.

If only the Arc could have swallowed me whole...

But if being a godmother involves any of the following, count me in. If not, probably best you ask somebody else...

1. singing stupid songs at the top of my lungs (Yer Maj, JB and Alice, I'm looking at you)

2. making stupid puns out of everything I can - if it's rude, even better

3. encouraging selective disobedience and backchatting

4. dancing at every given opportunity

5. playing board games

6. eating chocolate

7. spending as long as possible in pyjamas

8. generally not behaving like an adult.

• Options

DV: Congratulations.

Dannir: This looks like such a cool trip - I'm looking forward to reading the blog. How do you fit all this stuff in?

Mr Jimbob: aren't you running a little half-marathon in Shrewsbury on 23 June? Or is Bloomsbury short for Shrewsbury? (note to self, must book accommodation!).

Sadly, my lurgy-linked-lethargy could no longer be justified.

My usual running route is out of bounds due to a larger than usual number of big guys in leathers with large motors between their legs.

So I had a magic run of this road today...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/10/Marine_Drive%2C_Isle_Of_Man.jpg

Work has been super stressful in the last few weeks and I haven't had a spare second, but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. My first major piece of work will go into Parliament in the next couple of weeks. Scary stuff!

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

James, you've a 10k this weekend right? That'll be a nice opportunity for a burn. 

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Yes Maus I'm doing the shrewdberry half with u mob, trying to gee us up by offering money to the cause if we give it some welly

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Oh, and Madame Maus, great running today image

• Options
    The Jimbob wrote (see)

Yes Maus I'm doing the shrewdberry half with u mob, trying to gee us up by offering money to the cause if we give it some welly

Gotcha. I doubt my wellies will be willing or welcoming to winning advances, given my current capability to train, but you never know your luck in a big or little city!

• Options
    The Jimbob wrote (see)

ooh Bloomsbury half coming up 23rd June, I fancy challenging fellow Bloomers to getting a Pb.  James, DLR, RS, Yermaj, Suzi, Maus and Jimbob. How's this? We all pb our half up Bloomsway and I'll increase my current ITLR donation by the same again. Too much pressure? Come on! Lay your half times on me ...... image

It's possible my Berlin training has started and ended at the first session, however, assuming it's all ok I won't be racing Shrewsbury - far from it - I'll do it as part of a 32k run, nice and steady.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

DLR - what's up mate. Is it the PF or something else?

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Yep 10k this weekend. Gonna try to nail it. But see how it goes. Feeling good mot moment. Have a schedule but relaxed with it. Which makes a change. 

MM - if before some legislation together it would be a mess. Good luck. 

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Maus - we love you. You are the forum thread matchmaker image

TD/ RR/ DV - lets definitely sort something out for June. I'm happy to drive / take from Brussels but would take another route home as I live in the middle of nowhere! 

Danirr - I love your road trips. They sound like such good fun! I wish I had more holiday to join you for a part of it cycling.

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Wife away with kids. I'm in pub. Watching football and the forum. Life's perfect. 

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

I really promise not to put silly messages on the forum

• Options
    Orbutt wrote (see)

DLR - what's up mate. Is it the PF or something else?

No, ironically that's still clearing up nicely.  Its the top of my arch on the other foot.  Can pinpoint the pain precisely and on that basis it looks very, very much like tendinitis of posterial tibial muscle, right at the insertion point with the navicular bone.  Had it a little for a week or two but became difficult to even walk yesterday  BUT hoping I've caught it early and a few days of rest will settle it down.

Fingers crossed!

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

DLR, can we set you some kind of marathon training related goal so, actually no, if u not racing full on u could "suit up" 

• Options
    James B 73 wrote (see)

I really promise not to put silly messages on the forum

But you see we WANT you to put silly messages on the forum...

• Options
    Emmy H wrote (see)

Maus - we love you. You are the forum thread matchmaker image

Oy Vey! I'll go dig out my Barbra Streisand costume and start singing songs from Hello Dolly!

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Actually, people not going for PBs could do characters from an old movie

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

MM - But then I feel really bad about it for weeks And vow not drink again until the next time........

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

TJB - somebody told me I look like Dennis hopper. I wouldn't need to dress up. 

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

James, that's cool man, I'll put som shades on and a long black coat and be Keannu reeves, "speed" get it (thats fricken awful)image

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

More Easy Rider.......

• Options
    James B 73 wrote (see)

MM - But then I feel really bad about it for weeks And vow not drink again until the next time........

Can I suggest that next time you just vow not to drink again? If you vow not to drink until the next time, you probably will drink the next time.image

But seriously, we love you just as you are, in whatever state we find you. 

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

James I'm peeing myself here mate image

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

If I get too drink tonight I might offer the magnificent MM a place to stay in Shrewsbury. I'm not, however, sure how this will sit with the wife just yet. But these hurdles wouldn't have stopped Dennis hopper!!!!!

(only joking. You don't need to apply for a restraining order just yet)