Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Maus - that looks like an amazing run

DLR - sounds exactly like an injury I had - it did go away after about 3 weeks,  but I did not rest completely during that time.

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Jazz night at the nags head.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

DLR - ouch. You're going through the wars. Can a physio / doctor help or is it rest only?

• Options
    James B 73 wrote (see)

If I get too drink tonight I might offer the magnificent MM a place to stay in Shrewsbury. I'm not, however, sure how this will sit with the wife just yet. But these hurdles wouldn't have stopped Dennis hopper!!!!!

(only joking. You don't need to apply for a restraining order just yet)

I can behave. Just ask DLR.

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

I think I'm nearing heaven.....

• Options

Dan: It's spectacular! I've avoided doing it for a while because I'd got it into my head that it was super hilly. But it's really not. I wasn't feeling the best today and I found it a very easy, cruisy run.

• Options
    The Jimbob wrote (see)

James I'm peeing myself here mate image

James B 73 wrote (see)

I think I'm nearing heaven.....

Don't go to the light! Come back to the dark side!

• Options
    The Jimbob wrote (see)

Actually, people not going for PBs could do characters from an old movie

They could.

But they could also dig their eyes out with rusty spoons.

Maus. And dress-ups. Do not mix.*

*Unless DLR is involved.

• Options
    kaz1 wrote (see)

Feeling a bit more positive about everything today, which is a bloody good job a only a week until I leave a 11 yr old in charge for 2 weeks......What will I come home to?!?!image

Kaz - Have I read that right?

So... Jimbob and Radar Sal are the potty mouthed imaginary godparents, RR's the fairy godmother, Maus is the naughty godmother who teaches them bad habits (and for the record, I was quite flattered when you thought I could be capable of bagging someone of Emmy's calibre), Danni's the exciting uncle who has cool adventures and Jus T's the totes amazeballs cousin Down Under.

Come to think of it, everyone on the thread should be imaginary godparents - you're all great role models and all-round top people.

Danni - That trip sounds fantastic. Not sure it took much arm-twisting to get DV to drive your car for you. Altho I'd be terrified in case I broke it. Great wedding pic too.

Maus - That runs looks fantastic.

DLR - Sorry to hear, hope it sorts itself out quickly.

TD - Is Yan coming along on ITLR?

• Options

Weedy: It's just near Douglas, so we can easily go along there on the Isle of Maus weekend. Or you just have to come back some other time...

• Options

And Weedy:

What's this 'capable of bagging somebody of Emmy's calibre' business?

Bunkum.

You're fabulous.

• Options
    Dannirr wrote (see)

DLR - sounds exactly like an injury I had - it did go away after about 3 weeks,  but I did not rest completely during that time.

I'm hoping yesterday was a warning shot and a bit of massage/icing/taping/rest will do the trick and nip it in the bud.

Orbutt wrote (see)

DLR - ouch. You're going through the wars. Can a physio / doctor help or is it rest only?

Yes, will make an appointment for next time I have a weekday at home - in about a week!

Marathon Maus wrote (see)
    James B 73 wrote (see)

I can behave. Just ask DLR.

Scrupulously.

Marathon Maus wrote (see)

Maus. And dress-ups. Do not mix.*

*Unless DLR is involved.

This reminds me - I'll let you have the 'naughty nurse' outfit back.  I just don't think I have the legs to carry it off.  Don't worry - it's been in on a boil wash.

• Options

Dan: Serious Alpine Tour question: will the bonnets be sealed?

• Options
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)

This reminds me - I'll let you have the 'naughty nurse' outfit back.  I just don't think I have the legs to carry it off.  Don't worry - it's been in on a boil wash.

That's not one it's been on before...

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Maus - nope. They did that in 1913 as it was a competition to find the best cars of that time. We on the other hand, are on a quest to find the best wine / beer / food !

• Options

Dan: Good to see you've got your priorities right!

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Did someone say something about Maus wearing a naughty nurse outfit?

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Jaysus Christ a nurses outfit........ I think medical staff deserves to be paid more.

timothy Taylor landlord.....mmmm.......discuss?

• Options
    James B 73 wrote (see)

timothy Taylor landlord.....mmmm.......discuss?

'For men of the north' 

Alegedly Madonna's favourite. 

Used to live in Keighley and Landlord was decent stuff but I liked the milds better.

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

The wiff is 68.2 miles away and is having a pop at me being in the pub. I've been on eBay and I reckon I could get at least 4 bags of sand and 3 camels for her. North Wales needs camels. 

• Options

Evenin' all. DLR - that sounds like a pain. Hopefully you're right and you caught it in time. Maybe because you've been having problems with the other foot it's changed your gait and you're now stressing that one?

I couldn't help noticing the article in the Guardian yesterday about 'how to dress for  a British summer holiday'. And that most of the comments underneath said, in effect, 'wear a vest' image.

Plans are afoot for a continental meetup image.

• Options

image 68.2 miles away? Can you be more precise? image

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

she has had a GPS tracking device fitted to me so she knows where me and my border collie are at any given moment. Return to sender!

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Garmin do them! 

• Options
    Running Rodent wrote (see)

Evenin' all. DLR - that sounds like a pain. Hopefully you're right and you caught it in time. Maybe because you've been having problems with the other foot it's changed your gait and you're now stressing that one?

I couldn't help noticing the article in the Guardian yesterday about 'how to dress for  a British summer holiday'. And that most of the comments underneath said, in effect, 'wear a vest' image.

Plans are afoot for a continental meetup image.

That's what I'm thinking image

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

James,

many years ago while visiting Jerusalem the future MrsD took a camel ride. The camel owner, after she dismounted the camel, asked me how many camels I'd trade for her. Being the jocular type, I answered "20".  "Done" he says, and reaches for her. I laughed, but he did not. In fact, it got quite ugly pretty quickly! MrsD reminds me of that day from Time to time image

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Dannirr that is superb. Still reckon I'd only get four though. 

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭
  • Options

Dannirr - brilliant!

Maus - what a stunning run! Even if it was hilly I reckon the view would make it worth it image

James - surely you haven't left the pub yet? Drunk posts! Drunk posts!

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Just left the pub. They won't serve me anymore. Am very sad.