Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

you had me worried HS.

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    HS - Go for it. Plus everyone is honking after a marathon!
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Flights for Paris now booked with SleazyJet. Think I'll book myself back in at the Ibis again as it still looks like a nice cheap option.

• Options

Hi Everyone

Been a bit busy the last few days but our email system has now died, giving me a good excuse for a break image

Well done Danni! Brilliant result to go sub 4 I’m stoked for you. Give yourself a big slap on the back. I’m very impressed that you did it in Vibrams too, although I know it’s normal for you. Love the quote “internet results are forever”image

I just registered on the ASO website, which is comical in places.

I particularly like that their own example of how to enter a mobile number doesn’t actually work.

And also the question “do you use electrical stimulation in your training?” erm….

Now, who’s going to volunteer to stay up until midnight and text the rest of us if registrations open…image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

@Neil Belgium - I loved their english translations. I was really wishing we could add comments - “do you use electrical stimulation in your training?” - No, I have a husband for that....

• Options
    Emmy_H wrote (see)

@Neil Belgium - I loved their english translations. I was really wishing we could add comments - “do you use electrical stimulation in your training?” - No, I have a husband for that....

Yeah yeah yeah, treat us like sex objects.... typical image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)
    Emmy_H wrote (see)

Yeah yeah yeah, treat us like sex objects.... typical image

No... not just that... Also, training partners, coaches, nutritionist...

• Options

I use mine on a dialy basis, that way get the best results - my husband that is!!!!!!

TD:  thank you, thank you am a very patient woman, been married for 22 years and with Mr PF for 24 so patience I have in shed loads!!!!!!  Plan not needed until end January at the earliest, as Mont St Michel is 5 June.  So loads of time for me to get totally healed.image

Did a lovely 4 mile cliff path trott with the dogs this morning in stunning autumn sunshine.  So clear on les landes you could see Aldernay beaches which is 55 miles from here - stunning!!!!

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

@PF - Isn't the Mont Sint Michel 5th May?

• Options

Get thissen entered HS.  I want to be in tip top shape for my 5th.  Not in great shape now but 6 months gives a real target to go for.

• Options
    Hello everybody, I'm new to this and wondered if anyone could give me some info.

I did not gain a place in London AGAIN.........so I am looking at doing paris. Is the course quick ? I am going to train like mad this time and try for a qualifying time so london will be guaranteed next year. Also how long does registration normally stay open. Is the event run well by the organisers etc. gonna be quite expensive to do this so I'm still not sure.

Thanks
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Mark, I think the race was full by the end of November last year. That said, Registration opened in September. Still, this year, the Lodon reject letters are already out so maybe it'll fill up even quicker.There's usually a counter on the Homepage so you can see how things are going. Entry fees, however, go up in 3 stages so if you're going to do it, register at the first price.

Paris has more sub-3 runners than anywhere else, I'm told .I can only give you the view from the back of the pack but I'm sure someone else will be along to give more relevant info.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

And if you're new to running in France, remember that they require a Medical Certificate...in a prescribed form...and your doctor may charge you for that.

• Options

Just a reminder...   

London Calling - 1st Nov 2012

DEFINITELY 
    DV & Mrs DV
    Dan & Mrs Dan
    yer_maj 
    Radar Sal 
    Running Rodent 

MAYBE
    Mr maj
    the Jimbob (& mrs jimbob?)

• Options

This came to mind as a possible venue...   Kaslik in Soho..   I've been here several times..   really excellent food, not expensive, lots of atmosphere...  belly dancers most evenings...   easy to get to...

http://www.kasliksoho.com/Kaslik/Kaslik.html

It is a lovely little Lebanese resturant and well worth a try if you've not been there or not experienced Lebanese food before....

• Options

DV - Londons a bit of a commute for me.........sorry!!

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

DV - Sadly I won't be able to make it down for that one, but hope you all have a great time.

Well that's the hotel booked now too. Back to the Ibis in Montmartre for me. I now just need to enter the race! image

• Options
    djwolfdjwolf ✭✭✭

Just booked flights and hotel, just hope I can get a place tomorrow. Really enjoyed last year.image

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    DV can you remove Mr Maj from the list...unfortunately he'll be working. I love Lebanese food though image
  • Options

I've cracked. Apaprtment booked via airbnb... Hoping to get a place now...!

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Do they provide the belly dancers, or will we be required to gyrate for the rest of the patrons?   Love Lebanese food - in fact, had my 50th birthday party at a Lebanese restaurant in London 2 years ago.

DV - add one xtra for me - my crazy friend Stan from Australia will be with us too.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

TD and others:

I need some training advice - here is what I am thinking though.

I'm doing the Goofy challenge mid January - so that's a half on the saturday followed by a full on the Sunday. I need a bit of recovery time from this past Suday's marathon - say 2 weeks easy stuff, and a 3 week taper before Goofy - so that leaves about 8 weeks inbetween.  Then, Paris comes up about 11 weeks after the Goofy thing - same easy stuff and taper needed, so about 6 weeks real training.

I think if I tackle Goofy not as a race for time, but rather a fun/endurance event and then tackle Paris as a race, my approach could be this:

Build lots and lots of miles for Goofy - essentialy no speedwork or marathon pace running or intervals or specific hill work (it's plenty hills on all my routes anyway) - then after Goofy add all that other stuff before Paris.  This would, I think, give me lots of mileage which would serve Goofy well, but also serve as an excellent base on whch to build to make Paris fast.

Is my thinking sound?  Or would you suggest something different (baring in mind i do not plan on racing Goofy).

Thanks

• Options
    Dark Vader wrote (see)

This came to mind as a possible venue...   Kaslik in Soho..   I've been here several times..   really excellent food, not expensive, lots of atmosphere...  belly dancers most evenings...   

When I moved to London my mother warned me strange men would try to lure me into belly dancing clubs in Soho. Finally one of them has image image.

I've got my credit card and my electric knickers ready. Unfortunately I have an all-morning meeting tomorrow so I'll have to try and escape at lunchtime to try and book.

• Options

Dannirr: The Goofy challenge - what a great idea.

You'll need others to avise re: the training plans, though it all sounds good.

• Options
    ATM wrote (see)

And if you're new to running in France, remember that they require a Medical Certificate...in a prescribed form...and your doctor may charge you for that.

When is this usually required by, at the time of registering or can it be produced later?

Cheers.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Ben:  you can show it at the Expo when you pick up your number

• Options
    Evening, managed 7.35 miles home from wk today in 1h3m. It's an uphill beast of a route and didn't go too crazy after I already did a longy 2 days ago. Try to get me Paris place sorted early tomorrow. Got daughter's school assembly concert singing thingy at 9ish but be back in time to have a crack at the entry. Got the accom sorted staying at a friends flat in gay pareee. Hope everyone's had a lovely day and I've won the euromillions x x
  • Options

things are moving fast here today!  I wonder why...image I've postponed a meeting tomorrow to give me sign-up time image

DV - london venue okay with me.  While I acknowledge the athleticism required for belly dancing, I will reserve my right to point, giggle and be very immature about it.  image With RR's electric knickers it'll be quite an evening.  I'll leave the technical ones at home.

• Options
    That restaurant looks lovely DV. MrsJB a.k.a CHERUB, is making positive noises and so is my tummy after browsing their menu.