Options

Snowdonia marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

lol SD, just been out running and am in agony with ye old ITB problem..may have pushed my luck by now. No more running for me until Robin Hood marathon on Sunday but may even can that if things not good. I will not compromise Snod for anything.image

• Options

oh heck, it's getting rather close now and having checked out the profilI I am thinking I may actually vomit climbing that last hill. 

No training at all since my ultra 2 weeks ago but now on anti-biotics for a chest infection. Grrrrr. 

Fab running and some sneaky little PBs folks. 

I am booked into a youth hostel somewhere.... must find email. 

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

stilldreaming - yes, I think brer's hopefully-not-serious injury has come from tottering under the weight of all the silverware.

Get it out of your system now, Camlo.

jason - A PB is a PB image.  Great job.

• Options

Afternoon peeps. I've lurked on occasion, enough to see that Brer is a bit of a running machine. Well done Brer with those wins and fast times, and take care of that ITB for SNOD.

The same goes for jason d on the running machine front. I think he's on for a SNOD win this year. image

On the accommodation front, I have none so I'll be arriving and leaving on Saturday, just as soon as I've warmed up in Pete's Eats or wherever I can find.

I'll be aiming for 4 hours again and probably failing to achieve it as usual, due partly to Round Rotherham on the previous weekend. Having said that, a lot of fell racing this year has given me speed and a lot of PBs. I survived UTMB at the end of August (42hrs). My latest outing was a race within a race last weekend, which consisted of the High Peak 40 with a breakout after marathon distance to run the Lantern Pike fell race before returning to finish off the HP40. Total racing time, travelling time and waiting time still wasn't a HP40 PW.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

That's novel, BN.  Doing two races at once is very impressive.  Did you have to keep swapping numbers mid-race?

Great job at MB.  Enjoyed reading your L100 report - you've almost convinced me to have a go, but it comes at a bad time of year.  Also ordering some Crosslites ...

No idea what time I'm going to be doing at SNOD.  My training has been disorganised.

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Love that going off to do another race mid-race concept BN image and fairplay for it not being a PWimage

Pretty certain we won't be in Llanberis the Saturday night either as Mr panad has to get back for Sunday morning image hopefully meet up with plenty of you before/during the race though image

Take care of that itb Brer!

Off to attempt 18miles in the morning....
  • Options

Hey Mr Rex, just had a chuckle about your post re-silverware. Discovered tonight I was first lady at LDWA Birmingham Canal Canter, no silverware thereimage just a pair of knackered legs.

Britnick-you're back, yehimage.holy hell, you have had some adventures you nutter! How do you plan that little jaunt?

News on itb front, went on power walk/BlackBerrying sesh with dog after 3 mile joglet yesterday and things did not feel good. Got up this morning, legs felt better so went for manic Spin session tonight then a steady joglet. All seems well except in need of physio  so tomorrow night's treat is a bench-clutching apt with the leg doctorimage

Good luck with the 18 miler tomorrow Panad. Hope weather is kind for youimage

SD, not staying at Bryn Gloch then?

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

You know the exercise for ITB, don't you, brer?  Leg raises lying on side? Or more advanced do circles with the raised leg.  Keep that up for 2 minutes and you should feel something happening.

Looks like just jason and me propping up the bar, then?  Unless you've given up booze, j?

Imagine running for 42 hours??

• Options

I imagine it all the time Rex then I wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Do you think the bar could prop me up? I'll need the booze to numb the pain.

I'm a fantastic runner in my sleep too NG, I've even won silverware like Brer!

• Options

Have I gone blind or has someone stolen the SNOD ultra running thread?

TRex, regarding the swapping of numbers, I was ready for that with another vest. I pinned the fell race number onto that then swapped back to the original mudied and bloodied vest (yes really) for the 14-mile finale.

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    18miles done&dusted image hard going and by the time I stopped every part ofme that could ache did :-/ I will need to make sure I put in a big order for race-day adrenaline to get me through the last 8.2miles!!
  • Options

Yeh Panad, well done girl. I'll have a pint of that race-day adrenaline stuff please.image

Cheers for tip Trex, will do it. Been to physio tonight, done his stuffimage and ordered cold bath immediately after Robin Hood marathon for 10 minutes. Can't wait for that little treat after caning the streets of Nottingham on Sunday.

NG-are you doing Snod? I'm sure I've asked you before but brain on meltdown so can't recall a reply.

Jenf, I normally dream about running in willies because I have forgotten my trainers..oops just read typo error and decided to leave it in because it made me laugh. It should say williesimage

VLM 2014 acceptance received todayimage. Long, hard training in snow and ice to comeimage

• Options

Brer no I'm not doing it this year maybe next year don't forget your willies x

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭
  • Options

love the autocorrect, I definately want to see the willies! 

Race within a race, by gum that's hardcore!! 

Alas no boozing after the mara, usually vom all the way home, oh and i am expected to be present at a murder mystery night at 7:30pm which is cutting it fine when I live 3-4 hours from SNOD. 

Ballot dealt me a sorry for London so won't be pounding the streets next year. 

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

BritNick - I did a search for the ultra SNOD thread (hint - search for 'runnig' - spelling isn't Fellrunner's strong point), found it, and posted but it's not appearing in the list of threads?

People who know how forums work/go wrong - what's happened there?

• Options

BN- you want somewhere to stay? Check your Inboximage Found you a bargain!

• Options

TR- Snod Saturday is now the ONLY day of the year I drink beerimage Plenty of red wine through the year thoughimage

• Options

After spending £600 on 4 new tyres and rear pads and discs im the last 4 weeks, my car blew up last weekend! New engine job, so frantic week of finding/ financing replacement- bearing in mind I have to drive to Chester for marathon next weekend! Finally sorted and going to pick up on Tuesday! On the plus side, moved from £260 per year tax to £30 and new car allegedly sips diesel- 60 mpg...

On the running front, I ran a progressive tempo effort trail and bumpy Parkrun in 19.35 today, so bang on pMP, although planning on passing 5k 30 secs quicker next Sunday on the flat roads of the first half of the Chester marathonimage One more speed session, but mainly all easy and slow until next weekend

• Options

Brer- best thing for ITB- session of sports massage to strip itimage Highly painful, highly effective....

• Options

Sports massage planned for Monday, but glutes the main focus for me....

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear about car traumas, jason. Looking forward to hearing about your Chester experiences (you doing that one as well, brer?)  A PB attempt.  Will he?  Won't he?

• Options
    Answering BR a few pages back. Yes did Leicester last year and paced a friend to a sub-4 finish image
  • Options

jason, you life saver! image I've just booked Fri and Sat night accommodation on the High Street, £60 all in. I can come to the party after all. Now there will be three of us propping up the bar. image Good luck with the new car. Sorry about the old car after spending all that money on it.

Harking back to the race within a race, the pipedream first arose a few years ago but I only made serious investigations this year when I realised I had to do both races because:

1. The High Peak 40 is part of the Runfurther series and I love that race so much I wouldn't miss it for anything. This year was my 14th since 1998;

2. The Lantern Pike fell race is part of the Hayfield fell racing championships and I'm going for the grand slam of all 10 (I already know I've won the V50 prize image).

I worked out timings from previous splits and realised that if I could be at least as fast as I was in 2010 (I wasn't fast enough in 2011 or 2012) I could get whisked away after having run a marathon to register for the fell race, run it and get whisked back to the HP40 and still be well within the checkpoint closing time and well ahead of the last walker. Once I had permission from the HP40 R.O. I reconnoitred the car shuttling with my support crew (my Dad) and wrote out a list of instructions. All that was left was to perform on the day and get to Tideswell Dale within 5 hours. I did it in 4:55, which wasn't bad going after suffering a dramatic fall before the Rushup Edge checkpoint.......

(Cue T Rex-style suspense.)

• Options

Hooray! The karaoke king is in! image

• Options

Hey,let's get this party started only I'm not coming if it's a group on at pub We may have to go to Mr Rex's pad!

Sorry to hear about the motor Jason but now you have an economical car,think of all the events you can go! Talking of which, Ive just returned from Robin Hood marathon and feel I need to re-acquaint myself with basic rules of marathoning. Don't run in new trainers(have blisters), don't get jammed in the middle of the half marathon wanabees(took forever to get over start line) and don't do more than 2 a year cos your legs might drop off! Anyway, managed 3hr 35 on Mr Garmin,didn't look at main clock!!

• Options

br, 3:35 is awesome, I'd take that now at Leicester image

• Options

Brer.....Sadly I was one of those Half Marathon Wanabees.  I got 1.40 (gun time), which I was happy with considering I did a cross country race in Catterick on Wednesday ( with all those Tanks, you'd think they could flatten some of those hills) and CFT training Friday which included a 1,5 mile best effort run in Combat jacket, trousers and boots carrying 20kg ( 13mins).

Not last Sunday, but the Sunday before, I did 19.25 miles in just under 2.43 which wasn't intentional - I ended up getting lost ( Good training for the Thames Trot by all accounts), I was quite happy with. So all in all, I think I'm in good stead for SNOD. Just a few more long runs and then it's D-day.

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    fantastic Brer! You really will be flying round SNOD this year!!

Well done LE