Options

ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
  • Options

Phew....I feel slightly relieved that it isnt just me worrying about talking in other forums looking like im begging for votes. I was also a bit worried that it was a popularity contest and that the more time you spent on here the better but I just dont havr the time to sit at a computer all day.  I have really enjoyed reading some of the coversations and managed to pick up a some good tips along the way!! A lot of people I know have also said that having to register put them off voting. image

• Options

SB - Me first! Me first! image

DS2 - Just think of it as multitasking! Working AND campaigning!image

Andrew - Yes, I know what you mean. I also feel a bit nervous in case someone asks "What are you doing in this thread? Not begging for votes AGAIN?!" image

• Options

LOL - If any are you are ever in Lincolnshire, just let me know... image

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

RRR - it's ok for you being female. Us males just can't cope with multi-tasking!

I'm not going into any more threads with the hope of picking up votes now. I reckon that most of the regular forumites will have already voted so we should just have fun on here now until the deadline and beyond!

Anyway, it's not that I'm taking it seriously or anything but I've just bought some marketing data and  mailing 50,000 people with instructions on how to sign up and on the basis that I have led them to a life changing experience they must vote for me!! That should work!!!image Cost me ten grand but worth it i reckonimage

• Options

DS2 - Ha ha! Sounds like some serious campaigning! image Good luck! Although ... maybe bribing RW Towers might have been cheaperimage

SB - (Sulky face) That's a bit of a trek ... but if you ever decide to open a Sleepy Bear's sports massage place in Warwickshire, I'm first in line!! image

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

RRR  - did that last week - How do you I think I made it to this stage???image

Sleepy bear - I hope you've got long arms. I could do with a massage!image

• Options

Why don't you all start phoning people at random?

It must work for the likes of T-Mobile, BT and British Gas since they insist on calling regularly.  And I mean regularly image

• Options

Oh great.... guess which one of the companies I meantioned above must sponsor RW forums?  image

• Options

Darn it, the talk I was going to do has been cancelled. I had 80 odd votes in the bag. It was all worked out, "I'm going to give you a card to activate, you will need to log on use this email and say you attended a session by Martin H."

An organiser has just been in as said they are having an 85th party instead and could I put off til next year.

• Options

DS2 and RRR - excellent posting, good running too?  Went for a steady 10 miles and computer said 9.6m doh but with 458meters of elevation! in sunshine, rain and wind suburb

On rest day today just taking the kids swimming which will be good for my recoveryimage

• Options

Glad everyone been out today- took my own advice(?!) and rested image

Put my Santa Run pic on my page if anyone wants to feel Xmasy...

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

LOL Reg - I feel for you man. image

Tenjiso - aha! So that's what it is. I'd been wondering why those links were popping up in posts. Mystery solved!

Tony - you deserve a rest day after that!

• Options

Less than 48 hours to go now guys, its busy as ever on here.

As far as campaigning goes, we could always pick up the phone book and just work our way through! I'm sure you'd pick up the odd vote!!!

I got out for a 5 miler today, my legs were not too happy about it though! Very heavy after a hard weekend. Feel better for having done it!

• Options

alright...you can all stop posting now.i have made my vote.so can no longer be bribed.......I can assure those who put in the highest bid that it will be wisely usedimage

• Options

DS2  - I reckon we’ll have to continue this banter on Tony’s on thebeach’s thread after he goes through to Paris! image But ... you do realise you could have bought my vote for £50 right?image

Reginald – Love it! Can’t you give the 85th birthday attendees a ‘computer lesson’ instead and show them all how to sign up to RW and vote for you?image

Clive – Ooh I love Xmas pics! I’ll have to have a look! Hope you were In full Santa outfit! I got mooned by Santa at a pre-Xmas parkrun one year (unintenitionally as I was running behind him when his belt broke) Made me a bit worried about what was gouign to happen on Xmas Eve!

Malcs & Alex - Evening chaps!  image

• Options

I was just going to contact everyone on Facebook with the same last name as me and make them think we were long lost relatives....lure them in with a family tie first and then smack them in the face with the "I don't suppose you could go by RW and vote for your new long lost cousin?" line.

Maybe I left it too late for that.

RRR - £50 for your vote? I sold mine far too cheaply then image

• Options

My votes are still up for grabs! where shall we start the bidding?

• Options
    AW - A mars bar and two tickets to The Liong King a good place to start?
  • Options
    RRR ahah reversed psychology very

I voted on the first day of voting didn't think of the financial side doh !!

Right of to swimming spy later
  • Options

the way Runny Run Run has been casting for votes ... you guys will have to club your votes together......

websites , newspapers,,, even going onto the fetch website..........this girl knows how to get votes...she should be on X factor image

But how many of those who vote will post much..image

Last year it was not actually done just on the votes so we were informed....the vote was only part of the story.the RW team and the mentors etc had their say as well.......

• Options
    Didn't manage to get out on my lunch break however just completed a steady 10 miles. Got a slight pain down my right shin which keeps coming every now and again. Becomes quite tendor and sore image I tend to just run through it thoug?! It's not painful enough to stop me running.

Sounds like the campaign is going well guys! image
  • Options

However many votes you all get, it will still be more than any PCC.

• Options
    Seron I think that it makes it fair if the RW team & coaches etc have their say also. It's a more rounded approach to selecting a winner which I think makes it equal to all image
  • Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

My marketing strategy was far more sophisticated than merely combing through the phone book. I contacted all those people in the Uk who joined Gyms last january and never ever attended!!!

I figured that since we're only one month away they will be feeling really gullible and a good time to get them interested in running.

Might even get RW a load of new readers (well sort of readers). New annual subscription anyway!!!image

• Options

AW - A net of chocolate coins and a half eaten advent calendar?

Seren Nos - I thought as I was a lot slower than most of the gents going for GFA, I'd better get my act together and try and get some votes! image But like you say, the final say is down to the RW team and who they think would be interesting to train and mentor. However, I'm having a BLAST! image This marketing lark is fun!!

p.s. You forgot the customised T-shirt at Parkrun and the posing at Silverstoneimage

• Options
    Is it bad that I'm stood in the shower with my I pad so I can try keep up with what's happening before my son arrives? Lol
  • Options

I like this chocolate theme for vote payment!!image

• Options
    Well unfortunately I only have my sons advent calendar I don't think he would understand that I gave it away for a vote!? Although he may do when he's older....
  • Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Andrew - brilliant! made me chuckle!!!image Especially, the later comment!image