Copenhagen Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Morning, OB!

Happy Anniversary.
    I hope you will have a wonderful day.

xx
  • Options
    Morning OB, how did the two-miler go? I am not running at the moment, as I'm sitting in front of my computer (ha!), no, because I have a bad cold, coughing as if I've been smoking 60 a day for a few years.

CR thanks for the tip about lemon curd, I haven't tried that brand, but if it's anything like his chocolate ginger biscuits, it should be yummy!
  • Options
    Morning all.

how are we all.

still no running,but back does seem better and i am doing my exercise `s.
  • Options
    don't talk about the 2 miler Kath - it was only 1.5 and I'm not a happy bunny.

Sorry to hear about the cold and cough - have you tried filter tips?

Yummy Duchy Original lemon curd. CR, you have such good taste :) and thanks for your good wishes.

As you know, we're in a Waitrose Free Zone but Mrs OB was near one yesterday and among the lovely goodies she bought was some Duchy Original beetroot soup! I'll remind her of the lemon curd next time she's in the area!
  • Options
    Hi Seaweed - I'm glad to hear the back is a bit better. What are our chances of being fit for Zurich? We'll never keep up with Hoover at this rate :)
  • Options
    Morning all. Poor Kath and her cough.
    CR - do you like bloater paste perhaps? And how about faggots? I am seriously worried that you're going to fail the British Middle-class Citizenship test!
  • Options
    Dead right OB.
    And what about jelly?
  • Options
    Morning all, and yes it is morning for me today. I am unsure about Trin though.
  • Options
    Godmorgen:-)

Back from taking Little Lord to final entrance exam. Verbal reasoning this time. He thinks he got them all right except for the 3 he had to guess. If only!!
    But we are all happy it is over, whatever the outcome. This is one of the most difficult to get into schools in the universe. Parents have their embryos tutored for the exams.......

I managed a little Christmas shopping which distracted me entirely from the anxious pacing:-) (I've bought myself a pastry brush)
  • Options
    LL - well done. I am sure you will put it to good use.
    Just been re-reading paul a's race report from this year's CPH. Very good it was too. Did you write one for New York, paul a? :-)
  • Options
    And someone has put a Georg Jensen brochure through my letter box. Was it you, CR??? :-)

Or was it fate?

Either way, I've put it in a prominent place where LordL cannot fail to see it. (Next to his credit card)
  • Options
    Afraid not Snaps, one of my many failings is to concentrate on the road ahead so that I don't take in as much of the atmosphere as I perhaps should. NY was fantastic though and I will always remember the noise swinging down into 1st Avenue and the final miles along and through Central Park. The New Yorkers were fantastic supporters, almost as good as the CPHers.
  • Options
    Does it have one of those nice round silver wall clocks in it LL?
  • Options
    I have looked and this appears to be a very serious omission from the product range. I think you should write to Georg himself in the strongest possible terms!
  • Options
    I will LL, although it is my own fault. each time I have been in Denmark I have pondered whether to buy one and then not done so. Even strolled along to the GJ shop on Stroget in May after the marathon and didn't find what I wanted.
  • Options
    shhhhhh! please keep quiet about GJ - Mrs OB has psychic powers!

Who will be the lucky recipient of the pastry brush LL?

I've caught Kath's lurgy :(
  • Options
    Me of course, OB. But I haven't quite decided what to do with it yet;-)

I too have a lurgy. I am completely bunged up - quite disgusting. But I'm thinking of going running. At least I've got my appetite back:-)
  • Options
    Tiffin or Kingston grammar LL?

Sorry for being quite so generous with my germs, everybods. I recommend aspirin.

But I don't recommend running, Lady L, you'll make yourself iller. (Is that a word? It is now.)

• Options
    I like the festive name LL

So, a little Christmas shopping was really you buying yourself a pastry brush!

Kath - if you want iller to be a word, then it is one.
  • Options
    Tiffin, Kath.
    Kingston Grammar is after Christmas and we can't afford the fees even if he gets a scholarship so its up to him whether he sits the exam or not!

OB, I also went to Wilkinsons and got 2 boxes of cards for the children to send to their classmates. I thought £1 for a box of 40 was pretty good value. I also went to M & S and bought a skimpy sparkly top to go with the trousers that I will only ever fit into on one day in my life. And that was yesterday. (says LL tucking into a huge plateful of Waitrose pakoras)
  • Options
    Isn`t christmas without a sparkley top :0)

I have several so I can have lots of Christmases.

Managed to get rest of Christmas shopping done for Mr H`s family. not very inspired but remembered how crap one of his brothers presents have always been, so decided it was time to leave toysrus as I had enough gifts and my kids will probably get vests from them.

Bought lurvely soft cardie for niece, fisher price bus for nephew, ski goggles ( with exchange note ) for b-i-l and three industrial cabley things for my dad.

Not bad for an hour.
  • Options
    < prepares hot lemon and honey for all lurgy filled cphers >

Adds a drop of champagne to ob`s.
  • Options
    Today: done nothing but:
    Bit of w*rk
    Several posts on forum. Found OB on the Growing Up in the 50s thread: he claims he was born in 1948 but he can't be that old.
    Went for r*n.

Christmas shopping: nil (still thinking about how to source worm-flavoured fudge; I bet Montezuma would do it)
  • Options
    hello

I don't know what time of the day my body thinks it is, cept for sleep time... I've had 4 hours, interrupted in the middle by phone call from little Miss T asking me to bring some money to school so she could have dinners and save her packed lunch til later during rehearsal for the school production...you can guess what the answer was! I had to get up at 1.15 to get ready for a client and feel like I've hardly had any sleep at all....what's worse is the fact that I don't know when I'll next get some.
    Still, at least I won't be broke after Christmas I guess.

paul...I can guarantee you that the BN is the furthest thing from my mind at the moment and any spare nanosecond I get will be spent catching up on Zzzzz....

Rich...So are we doing the Hyde Park 10k then, instead of Weston Super (night)Mare?

As for the treacle pudding thing...don't believe a word of what Rich says...if he'd had that during his pre race meal at Dartmoor he would have suffered even more! So go easy on the puddin, Paul!

LL... colds are viruses as you know...surely you shouldn't be running, think of your heart... and join me in a flapjack mini bite fest, I'm still losing weight and need to do something fast before I disappear :/

This time last year I was so organised...had Christmas shopping in hand....I did it all in one week. This year I don't know how I'm going to get it done :(

Off to get some lunch... see ya later, or tomorrow, or sometime soon anyway...
  • Options
    hello Snappy :)

Btw...forgot to mention... I've got my discount card :))
  • Options
    Hi Snaps and Trin,

four hours sleep is not good :0(

Can you make lists from all the inspiration you get at work, then use your discount card to purchase ?

Snaps dig up some worms from the garden and mix them into regular fudge, hey presto !
  • Options
    That's what I was thinking, Hoover - home made is best:-)

((Trin)) You must eat more and try to get more sleep - switch off the ring volume on the phone. Can you do all your Christmas shopping at M & S. Or online?
  • Options
    Snaps - I was lying about my age for the benefit of the others on the thread!

;)

Thanks for the champers Hoover. And talking of sparkly, I like the sound of these skimpy sparkly tops. Which reminds me, I wonder if CR sorted out the lingerie for her posh party!

Wake up Trin!
  • Options
    Hoover - is that what you do? :-)