Options

Wyvern Xmas Cracker 10K

Comments

• Options
    boing...
    How about building up a list, copy and paste your running number and what your wearing:

Surely we should also add our forum names?

1049 Santa suit
    320 santy hat,tinsel and(maybe)green tutu
    1277 tinsel/bauble belt & (poss) santa hat
    70 Minuntes - Turkey on head
    FFF - Just timsel (going for a pb!)

• Options
    boing...
    How about building up a list, copy and paste your running number and what your wearing:

Surely we should also add our forum names?

1049 Santa suit (life after 40)
  • Options
    I bagged a Santa suit for three quid on the weekend. V classy and highly flammable. I expect to spontaneously combust somewhere around the 5k marker.

1027 - Mrs Santa suit and hairy legs
  • Options
    Mine V classy and highly flammable too...I got the Mr variety tho. If I see you combusting 1027, I'll come to the rescue!

• Options
    the weather looks perrrrfec for Sunday, was worried what would happen to santa suit in rain as it was so cheap, but forcast is good

• Options
    just looking into hotels...
    Madeira Cove Hotel WSM's equiv. to Fawlty Towers, or ok?
    TWIN SEA VIEW! OOOHHH!
    JPVD.
  • Options
    JPVD - Look forward to your Fawlty Hotel report in due course!

Race strip update:

70 Minuntes - Turkey on head (while pacing FFF for a pb)
    FFF - Christmas hat with plats (but still going for a pb!)

Where are all the tutu wearers?
  • Options
    I had a dream last night that I missed the team photo at the start of the race and was in trouble...i think i might be losing it...
    dribble....

Race strip update:

70 Minuntes - Turkey on head (while pacing FFF for a pb)
    FFF - Christmas hat with plats (but still going for a pb!)
  • Options
    you won't be able to miss us tutu wearers - I'm no. 18, I don't know about the others; we'll be the ones running as a group & wearing tutus!
  • Options
    Pleased to report that FFF is test driving her 'Santa hat with plaits' as I type:

Race strip update:

409 70 Minuntes - Turkey on head & holographic red tinsel(while pacing FFF for a pb)
    1314 FFF - Christmas hat with plaits & holographic red tinsel(but still going for a pb!)
    18 Mixy - green tutu

• Options
    what time is FFF going for?

Race strip update:

409 70 Minuntes - Turkey on head & holographic red tinsel(while pacing FFF for a pb)
    1314 FFF - Christmas hat with plaits & holographic red tinsel(but still going for a pb!)
    18 Mixy - green tutu
  • Options
    I'm going for a pb too! but seeing as this is my first ever 10k, anytime (as long as i finish) will be a pb (aiming for an hour though)

Race strip update:

18 Mixy - green tutu
    616 - some kind of hat and shed loads of tinsel!!!
  • Options
    Hi, Im running on saturday and this is my first race ever. Im a little nervous, but I was very happy to find this chatroom. My number is 1496. Please look out for me, ill be plodding along with tinsel in my hair, and a piglet t shirt!!!

18 Mixy - green tutu
    1496 tinsel in my hair, and a piglet t shirt
  • Options
    I hope to see you on SUNDAY - not Saturday!! Shall look out for the piglet t-shirt though.
  • Options
    you are right, sunday it is....Ill be wearing a blue fleece over the piglet t shirt with australia written on it.
  • Options
    see you then - you're just trying to worry me that I've booked the minibus for the wrong day!
  • Options
    no, Im just so nervous I would probably show up there on saturday!! ill be there on sunday with bells on...no, scratch that, with tinsel on...
  • Options
    no need to be nervous - worst comes to worst, you can always trot round with the Yeovil mob that I'll be with (we're the ones in the tutus!)
  • Options
    Excellent, Ill look out for you guys, my little trotters following you..
  • Options
    you sure talk a lot, piglet
    JPVD.
  • Options
    hello JPVD,

I thought that was the point of the chatroom! Im already nervous, I hope you were joking...:o)
  • Options
    hey, dont get your trotters in a knot!
    don't know about you, but Jean Plod is looking forward to a wonderful weekend in sunny WSM at some past-its-use-by-date B n B and a post-race party to beat all post-race-parties!
    JPVD.
  • Options
    oooh, I cant wait for the party..whats that all about? Maybe ill stay for that..
  • Options
    goes all night...fireworks too. free beer and pizza.
    JPVD.
  • Options
    you reckon?!!

only thing guaranteed is the chance to run into the sea with me!!
  • Options
    Anyway, its a sunday night and I work the next day. Although, a very wise friend once said, you will always remember the night you partied, never the next day...so c'mon Mixy, lets party with JPVD!!
  • Options
    my attendance will depend on the others in the bus, I'm afraid!
  • Options
    the party sounds like it might be worth sticking around for!!!

Just a silly question though, how do people generally carry supplies around with them, as I reckon that one drink station at around 5k isnt going to be enough to keep me going, and as it is my first race, i reckon i'll probably need some kind of energy replacement drink or bar. Where am i going to put everything!!! I've heard people talking of jelly babies too!!!
  • Options
    Hi Petsay
    You could buy a 'fist bottle' which is very easy to hold while you're running, costs around £2.50 for a medium size one from running shops/sweatshop etc. You won't need jelly babies for the 10K so long as you have a good breakfast about 2 hours before the race. If you are worried about running out of energy you could have a banana about 1/2 hour before the start too....you'll be fine...and there's a mince pie waiting for us at the end!
    I'll see you Sunday in my santa suit...ho ho ho

Kit update:

18 Mixy - green tutu
    1496 tinsel in my hair, and a piglet t shirt
  • Options
    one water stop is usually fine for a 10km unless it's hot, and I don't think we shall have that problem on Sunday.

I tend to stick to mental imaging to keep me going - I imagine a full pint of lager sitting on a bar at the finish!

I'm still trying to imagine what 70 minutes is going to look like with a turkey on his head - surely you can arrested for that?!!