Options

Lancashire Runners

Comments

• Options

Have read your blog, a very well written review and captures what I wanted to get across....so at least one person was listening image

• Options

Thanks IronHolgs, i did my best, i probably missed a few things as i didn't take any notes and i had slept. But i did my best to remember the key points and i didnt want to give to much away, as it might put others off going and i think they should go along and get it first-hand.

Nice to have you as a reader, my blog is a miss-match of training progress reports, links to running stories , race reviews and a scattering of public health. Oh and some literature reviews......which only has two things on it so far, but will expand.

• Options

Oh and it was good to finally find out what the pirate thing was all about lol

• Options

Thanks all, useful information! Might stay in Kendal for the weekend and try the Barrow one, or else check out the Preston parkrun (spelling checked, Legacy Event Series! image

• Options

Good work anna, i hope you havea  good time whichever one you do.

I'm thinking of doing the Ceurden valley one this weekend.

• Options

Hi hope everyones running is going well.i did Warrington hm the other week. A really good course.  A fantastic race village.  Off to Southport this weekend for a 10k race.watched great north run and that looks like a must race to do. Liverpool is a must as well for me next yr as well.anyway hope your all well.

• Options

I'm back how the devil is everyone ? It seems quiet on here these days.

Read " Cant Swim, Cant Ride , Cant Run" and "Running with the Kenyans" both well worth it!!

• Options

Southport 10k done.44.58  87th out of 660. 4th in my age group.  imageimage

• Options

wow well done Rick!! Excelelnt work!

Whose running the Preston 10k this weekend then ?

• Options

Beat the reaper 10k in liverpool is my next race. Looks fun. Oh well I didn't make London marathon.  Manchester again it is then for me.

• Options

Beat the reaper you say.....that a Halloween race ?

Do you still get a guaranteed entry to Edinburgh if you dont make London. if so that's worth running, its a nice event.

• Options

Yes it's a Halloween race. Yes as well I got a Edinburgh marathon place as a London reject. Entered it now and looking forwards to it.what date is ur Dublin race? Might also do Manchester marathon next year again. It really was good. 

• Options

Thats what happeend to me Rick (A few years back) didnt make London so took the Edinburgh place offer up. Its quite a nice run. Because if the sun comes out there are large parts with no shade..

Dublin is now just 28 days later....i mean away. Scare darey!!

I might do the Marathon of Wales next year as Cardiff has but a stop to my plans to do the capital of each of the home nations + Dublin.

• Options

if you did that Welsh one your next aim could be to do the 6 nations- just add Paris and Rome

Not posted on here for a while. I'm just plodding away- not running a lot, but not given up either (getting out a couple of times a week). I've also started to add in a bit of Pilates as wanted to do some core work. 

My next race is Vernon 4 miles in Penwortham on 13th October http://ukroadraces.info/entryforms/2013/vern.pdf and then possibly Standish Trail 10k week after. Problem is that I've realised I can get my 50 parkrun t-shirt by Christmas if I don't miss any (except a weekend I am away) so it puts me off doing a Saturday afternoon race! Only way round it would to be tailrunner, but am already doing that on 12th. Hmmm...

Also just a bit of a plug for Preston parkrun this Saturday as it is International parkrun day (their 9th Birthday) and we are having a special run as our Event Director is moving away from the area so we've keen to give him a good send off  http://www.parkrun.org.uk/preston/news/ - can't say what the plans are but I'm sure it will be a memorable one and we want to get a really good turnout. There will be cake!http://www.parkrun.org.uk/preston/news/

Hope everyone elses running is going ok

• Options

he he well that was sort of the aim penguin. I have London and Edinburgh ticked off and figners crossed Dublin will be done soon (touch wood) then its the Welsh marathon (As Cardiff doesnt have one) and then I have just Belfast and then ive the conquered the British and Ireland Isle

Well done on keeping up your running, it can be hard sometimes when you’ve so much going on and well done on plugging Preston and International Park Run day. Everyone should get down to their local Park Run this weekend. Its very good fun and enjoyable!!

Go for the 50th Park Run t-shirt you can do those races another year

• Options

Sorry I have been absent, I was in a massive sulk because I couldn't run after the disc operation in May, anyway, I have worked really hard with pilates, swimming and cross training and have got back to running a bit now, did the Berlin marathon on Sunday and although I have promised the physio I would take October off I am hoping to do some short local races and maybe some cross country races. Nice to be back.image

• Options

Hey Nicola, you rbad running a bit now.....you did Berlin lol Thats running a lot isnt it :P

What was Berlin like then ?

• Options

Glad you are on the mend Nicola and good to have you back- and I think your definition of a 'running a bit' might differ from mine! Hope Berlin was good 

I'm finding my pilates hard going- I'm really enjoying it, but my core must be very weak as it currently hurts to laugh and move! Am hoping it will improve within a couple of weeks, and I will have a 6 pack in no time...

• Options

Berlin was great, nice and flat with plenty to look at, I really didn't know how it was going to feel, running 26  miles as only 1 foot is working properly due to some nerve damage but I was really thrilled to finish in 3:36:19.

I could only train on alternate days to rest my back in between so often just ran 3 times a week, which didn't feel like enough training.

Feel a lot more confident about running Boston next year now.

Pilates is quite funny, it looks really easy when you see other people doing it (especially the older ladies in the group!) but when you try it yourself it's dead hard! Planning to keep it up though as I'm sure there must be a six pack somewhere hiding under all the flab! 

• Options

well done on the core work penguin and six pack development!! And Nicola as well!! I starting to feel i should do some more core work now!!

Very impressive time at Berlin!! And youve got into Boston!! Thats amazing, i am very jealous and well done you.

• Options

Hey sj I was beginning to feel we had board everyone away with our chatter on here lol. Great to hear off you penguingirl and nicola. Very good time in Berlin. My next race is that 4 mile Vernon run then beat  reaper week after.  Then start training for edinburgh in the new year.having said that I'm sure I seen something about a Conway half marathon. Good luck if anyone's doing Chester tomorrow.

• Options

I'm doing Vernon next week too, and I think SJ looked tempted yesterday as well so maybe see you there? It would be good to say hi

I'm not sure what my plans for next year are. Have signed up to Southport Maddog 10k, but then don't know what else. I could be tempted by Liverpool half again but might see if a different one catches my eye

• Options

Your enjoy Edinburgh its, well it had when a bit it, a nice atmosphere during and after the race. I've fond memories sitting in the park after the marathon with an Aberdeen angus burger and a pint, a good way to sign off!!

There is a very good chance i will do the Vernon's race next week as its on my door step to sort of speak. Thinking if i do it, switch my long run to Saturday and see how it goes Sunday. Esp as the race is in the afternoon.

And yes it did go quiet of on here for a bit!!

Race wise for me Dublin in 21 days, then Longridge Xmas Pudding run and then im thinking of tacking on the Central Lancashire Half Marathon as they have put the race back from new years day to the 5th 

• Options

Oh and it was a great weekend, i went sub20 at Park run!!!

• Options

Might do the Longridge Xmas Pudding again this year, not decided yet.

Entered Lancaster Half on 3/11, Preston 10 Miles on 17/11, Central Lancs Half on 5/1 and Inskip Half on 19/1. Hopefully get a few good races out of that lot but if not I should at least get some good miles in!!!!

SJPC - well doen on sub 20 and if that was at Preston you have more to come off without 3 times up a blood travelator.

• Options

hey Max long time no post!! I will see you at the pudding race then ? Im not sure why i do it each year in the cold with that hill!!! But it is good one to do hey!

Whats the Central Lancs Half like or have you not done it before ?

And thanks , yes am i still sligthy in shock about it! And i know what you mean about that hill!! I put it down to the training programme im on for Dublin and perhaps down to, i did quite a bit of core stuff on holiday, well more than normal any ways!

• Options

Me too for the pudding race, wore my santa hat all the way around last year, wont do that again! Might also do the Inskip race again.

Well done on going sub 20 SJPC, I dream of that!

• Options

Thanks Nicola!! It has been a long time coming!! I credit it all to the training plan im following in the Advanced Marathoning book.

Do you also wonder why you sign up to do the pudding race each year but secretly love it!!

• Options

I think I have done Longridge 4 times over the last 7 or 8 years. Always been good weather and ended up with strobe lighting effect when running back down the hill near the reservior. Great race and always end with a bacon butty back in the village hall.

I have done Central Lancs for the last 4 years and the route is very similar to Inskip (shares part of the route). It is pretty flat and only uphills are short climbs over bridges over the motorway. On a good day it is a good PB course. My results have been mixed with a couple of quick runs (for me) and couple when just happy to get to the end. Either way it is a good way to start the year.