Options

2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• Options

OH, don't mind the rain, it's the wind I don't like, well done with the JS run

Tek, a good recovery run after two hard runs

Fiona, quite tricky to get the grass cut at this time of year it is always a bit damp

MG, hope the LSR goes well today

SM, nice recovery hope the parkrun goes well this morning

Mace, some tough session ahead and it is good to see the mileage in the 50's, 

AGF, thanks, starting to get nervous about it

---------------------------------------------

Easy 6.5 last night before body balance, the class was harder than the run, legs felt good though, doing my long run this morning means I can watch the GNR on the telly tomorrow.

stats: 6.5mi, 1:07:21, 10:22mm, 136(72%)

• Options

AGF great to see you getting back to it. At least you can truly enjoy Berlin and just run to feel on the day. image Not long now for you and kaz.

Nice parkrunning today Stuart. image

Stewart I think you had the right idea to do the long run today when sunny. I'll be out in the torrential rain and recording GNR.

A few faster bits this morning, plan says an easy 6m later and long run tomorrow. Keep checking the grass like some crazy lady to see if it's getting dry. Some strimming and hedge cutting done but so much to do. image

F

• Options
    Fiona nice run and gardening

Well done on the easy 6 and class, hope the LR goes well

AGF nice work and the treadmill , great to see you getting back into it

SM6 , Mace , AGF, thanks for the encouragment on the goal time, still will be only mara number 2 so alot to learn still

Last 20 m this campaign done, at 8.35 av , av HR 141. First 10 steady at 9mm ,

10 - 15. @ 8.25 then last 5 m @ 8.05. Happy with that for last real LRimage
  • Options

HM image

Stuart nice easy run yesterday, hope the Parkrun went well

Mace well done for getting the mileage back up again

AGF excellent news on the 20 milerimage, good to hear you've shaken the cough completely.

Kaz thanks (but you know my history of blowing up...). 15 days !! image

Stewart nice easy 6.50m, hope the LR is going ok

Fiona great set of intervals this morningimage

MG excellent long run, great pacing. Nailed itimage

---

9m this morning, 3m on my own then a rain-soaked, muddy, hilly chase through the woods with the club. All ok here... 

• Options

Fiona, I wasn't really fancying the long run tomorrow more for the wind, nice set of intervals today and quick too

MG, awesome last 20 for the campaign, enjoy the taper image

Tek, another good run today, 

----------------------------------------------

15 mile run today, felt tired right from the start and it was difficult motivating myself, rest day tomorrow, which brings the streak to an end (29 days)

Stats: 15.7mi 2:40:57, 10:37mm, 144(76%)

• Options
    Stewart good 15 , looks like you deserve a rest day

Tek well done on the 9, your conditions sound rough, had nice conditions on my run , 9 degrees and fairly calm winds, felt very autumnal.
  • Options

Stewart - Nice long run today, nice and easy

Tek - Good club run this morning

MG - Cracking long run againimage

Fiona - Hope you managed to get out, to run and cut the grassimage

AGF - Well done on  the 20, sounds like a good plan to have for Berlin. Hopefully it goes well on the dayimage

----------

19.27 parkrun (Strathclyde) - 5k PB of 11 seconds.

• Options

Stewart well done on the long run - good streak, and enjoy the rest dayimage

MG it wasn't too bad, but I was wearing road shoes...

Stuart another PBimageimage. Awesome time, well done fella !!

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Tek,

Hi.

Stuart,

Excellent.

----------

Well done on everyone's training.

• Options

SM, congrats with your new 5k PB, looking very good sir image

• Options

MG1 I bet that feels good to have done the last 20, lucky you!! image

Teknik that sounds like an interesting run.

Stewart totally agree about the wind, it is so tough. Sounds like you need the rest day and no wonder. That was a hilly run for tired legs! Take care, you've trained too hard to get ill/injured. image

Stuart fantastic PB! image

HM4 I hope the decorating is going well and that Millie is staying clear of the paint.

An easy 6 in lovely sunshine tonight, sounds like tomorrow's weather will be a nightmare. There's always the treadmill. image Got the grass cut so I can return to the land of the sane. image

F

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Fiona,

Thanks.  Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day as it's Chris' turn to do the decorating and part of the bedroom (the bit that needed furniture moving about) needs preping.   Hope you don't have to use the treadmill.

• Options

HM I hope you have your feet up telling Chris what he's doing wrongimage

Fiona nice easy 6 in the sun, and well done on the grass cuttingimage

---

5m road race this morning, my first at this distance.  The course was a bit undulating but I held on to break 34:00 - Garmin had 33:57, splits 6:42 6:44 6:50 7:16 6:26.  image

• Options

Nicely done tek....

Stuart - fantastic 5K PB that - very speedy indeed......you definately have the speed in the legs !!

MG - thats a very good last long run !!

Some good training by everyone else too. Hope you were all inspired by the GNR earlier today !!

• Options

crap week last week, with less than 30 miles on the books. Though I suppose a 10k PB rather than a long slow run is a fair alternative! My left knee has been giving me jip for a couple of weeks and this week it affected my mileage a fair bit!

Bought some new trainers yesterday, and happy to be back in Adidas Supernovas. I wore them in today with what was meant to be a slow-steady LSR. Turned into 20 miles averaging 1 second quicker than 4 hour marathon pace. Hmmm! Maybe I'll manage to run the race slower than my last LSR. Interesting tactic!!!!

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Tek,

Not a chance because his cold/kurgy is back so he's not done a thing today and I'm starting to come down with something.

IJ,

Well done & take things easy.

• Options
    SM6 nice work on the PB image

Fiona good 6 and gardeningimage

Tek some very nice splits in the road race , especially the last image

IC good work on the LR

HM hope the lurgy stays away

Easy 5 this morning, 44 m for the week.
  • Options

Nice PB Teknik! image

AGF, enjoyed the GNR, nice racing!

IJ hope the knee eases.

MG1 nice recovery run.

Hope you feel better soon HM4.

21 for me this morning. Did not feel great from the start but got round, nothing special but miles are miles! image Quite windy in places but just showers and some sunshine too. A fair bit cooler too, 7 degrees.

Stats for the week 83.5m (two long runs incl) in 11:12:26, av pace 8:03mm and HR 158.

F

• Options

AGF cheersimage.  GNR was a fantastic race...what a field !

IJ well done on the speedy L"S"R todayimage.  Hope the knee is a little better...

HM oh no !  Fingers crossed you both dodge a second doseimage

MG nice easy 5m and well done on the week's total.

Fiona super week's work, and well done on bagging the 21 milerimage

---

Weekly stats: 66.4m in 9h10, 8:17mm avg. and avg.HR 155 (73%max)

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Tek,

I've not had the first dose fully yet.

Fiona,

Sounds like you had the best of the weather.

• Options

Lots of good training and gardening going on, I seeimage

Stuart- well done on the PBimage

Well today's race was a bit of a damp squib in more ways than one.image Don't know why, but couldn't get my legs moving at all. Very comfortable from a cv point of view, but no pace! Finished in 80.xx. Only positive is that I felt like I could have gone round again, which I suppose is a positive seeing the marathon is the main event. Bit of a mystery as to what happened today though...Still, a 13m mp run in the bank, I suppose
    Oh well, onwards and upwards.....image

• Options

Well done Jason.  being off colour at 80mins half is a good place to be image

• Options

Couldn't agree more AGF! image As you say Jason it's miles in the bank. Just NN to report in now.

F

• Options

Jason great running - only one minute outside last year's PB but feeling like you could have gone round again is a HUGE positive.image

• Options

Tek, well done on your first 5 mile race fast too, now you've got a time to beat image nice stats for the week.

AGF, GNR was great what a finish!

IJ, nice quick LSR today well done

MG, nice totals for the week well done

Fiona, another consistent long run, glad you managed to get the better of the weather, great stats for the week too

Jason, still a decent workout today well done

------------------------------------

No run today found it a little strange not running on a Sunday but I'm feeling all the better for it image

Weekly stats: 44.7mi, 7:37:21, 10:14mm, 140(73%)

• Options

Stewart - Nice total for the 1st week of your taper. How much do you plan to run this week?

Jason - That's terrific running, especially if the legs weren't totally thereimage

Tek - Nice job on the 5 mile race, good time and nice quick finishimage Great mileage for the week too!

Fiona - Another good long run, and a massive total for the weekimage Think that mileage would break me.

MG - Well done on the easy 5

IJ - That sounds like a good solid long runimage

HM - Hope you don't come down with anything!

-------------

Non-running day for me today (well, Sunday). Just done some weights. Achilles was a wee bit stiff again once I woke up but it's eased off again.

Pretty happy with yesterdays parkrun, gives me a bit of a boost for my 2 upcoming races. Done no speedwork for ages, so once I add that in I could maybe be looking at 19:10-19:15 by the end of the year and hopefully i'll have a decent shot at a 39:xx 10k in November. It's also left me in no doubt what time I'll be attempting for my halfimage

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done on everyone's training.

-------

Stuart,

So do I.

• Options

Hi everyone,

Sorry to been AWOL for a couple of weeks but have  only had access via phone and its a pain posting that way, just about managed to log training on fetch , still lap top seems to be sorted now.

I did Bristol half yesterday , 1.45 .55 a little disappointed not go under  1.45 , but have totally skipped speed work this summer and done hills instead , as I feel it'seasier on the ankle which I am terrified of injuring again before marathon training starts also after coming off my night shifts  had little grandson for 2 nights.... he isn't well so 5 sleepless nights in a week is not a good bulid up lol !!! But at least the rain held off although it was qunite windy

To top it all i then had a 2.5 hour drive to my sons in surrey, without being able to have a shower anywhere !!!,!  image I here  till friday looking after grand kids atherein childminder is on holiday , so not much running for me this week , may get to gym with my son on Wednesday fingers crossed .

Oh and tonight i shall be sat smugly watching telly while my son does a 19 miler after work , in prep for Abingdon,

Will have a catch up now on what been going on here 

• Options

SM, thanks, I'm looking to get around 32 miles this week, with around 12 being the longest, fingers crossed you can acheive your target image

NN, still a good time and sounds like it wasn't the best preperation for the race and the conditions were far from ideal

--------------------------------------------

got a cold coming on I can feel it in my nose and I've been sneezing today, I was going to go for a run this evening but I'm not sure if I should????

• Options

Stewart hope you enjoyed the rest day and nice tapering statsimage.  Oh no! Taper sniffles already !  How's your RHR?

Stuart hope the Achilles is better today.  Sub40 10k and sub90 Half just around the cornerimage

HM hope you're not too much under the weather

NN well done - good result after all those sleepless nights ! image

---

3m recovery this morning, then 3m of intervals this afternoon - 200m/200m at 6:15 / 9:23.