Options

2013 Marathon Thread

1171172173174175177»

Comments

• Options

got a nifty 3.1, making exactly 1920 miles for the year, in 12 days, 3 hours, 39 minutes. Blimey! 160 miles per month average, a smidgeon over 5.25 miles per day.

21 PBs in 23 races, over 5k, 5 miles, 10k, 8 miles, 10 miles, 1/2 marathon, 30k, 20 miles, marathon.

And I've lost about 18 lbs!

Next year?.... 10k in the morning, we'll see what happens! hopefully beat each of those distance PBs, possibly adding a 6 miler and 50k to the list.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS, BE GOOD, RUN WELL!

• Options

Ok so AGF went and spoiled his nice number for the year but Stewart's is pretty good - 2244! image Please don't go out again!! 

Nice running today NP and a good pace.

MG1 that sounds like a good run today.

Teknik a great total for the year, you must have had very few rest days?

That's a tough run mace! The calf has been niggling away but I did hill reps tonight and it is perfect. Sometimes I think it gets really tight and needs stretched out. Massage booked for Friday. Great that the rest has sorted out your niggle.

Good run Stewart, that wind was a bit strong in places and it is exposed at the basin. Do JS have a New Years Day run planned?

Stuart great that you have done another 20! I've not done any yet and no long run in the plan this week. image

Let's hope you get out HM4. You can always sleep the next night!

Nice totals and PBs IJ.

Month stats 215 miles, year is 2419. If only I'd known, today's hills reps would have been a 9.2 not an 8.2. Mast run tomorrow morning. image

Have a good New Year everyone. Here's to 2014 being injury free for all with lots of PBs! imageimage

F

• Options

2013 5k PB, 5 HMs 1 PB, 3 marathons and 2 Ultras (no fast times but not expecting any)
    2014: certainly Loch Katrine Marathon (entered), Cape Wrath Challenge and Snowdonia (entries open up at midnight ...)

Not shaken off cold and a kamikazi fly in my eye from yesterday's run has added to my woesimage

On call again tomorrow so quietish new year for me

• Options

Some great end of year running and some great totals for 2013 peeps, managed to get out for my second run of the day and looking forward to building through Jan/Feb 2014, Happy New Year everyone and lets hope 2014 is better than 2013image.

• Options

The 2014 Marathon Thread is now openimage.

• Options

IJ, 2013 has been a good year for PBs hoping 2014 goes as well

Fiona, I believe so, 2pm at the archive centre it's an out and back to dochgarroch, enjoy the mast run tomorrow it is a bit muddy up there

OH, an impressive race list for 2013 and next years is getting there happy new year

• Options

Woo hoo - bring on 2014!! I'm off to the new thread...image

F

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done guys - see you in this year's thread.

• Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

close the door and turns out the light on 2013image