Options

2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• Options

Stuart nice Thursday running - 5m+ miles is a long hill to slog upimage and Lol at your normal parkrun preparationimage

NP good running and bricklayingimage

Stewart well done on the Vdot session - nice consistent pacing

HM blimey what a day !

Fiona superfast 16 miler last night - hope you get out while away

MG thanks and well done on the tempoimage

----

Really, really hot here, even early in the morning.  Managed 12m including some strides but I'm now wiped out...image

• Options

Fiona,

If you want to run in nottingham there is a 10 mile loop from centre of town along the canal until you meet the river and a loop back around to the canal back in the city centre.  ( I do this often when working in notts).  .......or just do an out and back on the canal.  If you want more info contact me...Enjoy your stay

Slowly getting better here image

• Options

Tek - Good running today. Quite glad it's reasonably cool up hereimage

AGF - Good that things are going in the right direction

-----------

4.6 mile recovery run tonight.

Legs are very very heavy and achilles pretty tight but everything felt ok after a mile or so. 

Probably the same idea tomorrow before heading through to watch Scotland hammering Belguim image Maybe some intervals Saturday, although the prospect doesn't thrill me, and then 15-16 on Sunday morning.

• Options

MG1 image 

Teknik, getting chilly up here now. image Well done on getting the run done.

AGF good news on the health! Must check a map - I'm at the University Jubilee Campus.

Take care of the achilles Stuart.

Rest for me as packing tonight. Plan is to get out in the morning before my flight then in the evening when I get there. Then may skip the formal dinner on Saturday to get my run, means I can pack less. image

F

• Options

SC Nice intervals.

Fiona great running enjoy your trip and two long runs next weekimage.

MG1 nice running after 8 beers it would take me two days to recover....

Teknik nice running, I thought you would be used to the heat after all the yoga.

SM6 well done on your running.

6 steady miles this morningimage

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Fiona,

It's male, taller and wider than Chris & she's unsure of him.  She is very funny with strange men however she did take a treat from him & his cat has to have the vet come to him & if it has to have an overnight stay in there he has to go & feed him because the staff except 1 vet won't go near him so I think Millie is going to be in good hands.

Tek,

It happens!

--------

Well done on everyone's training.  Good luck with everyone's races this weekend.  I'm not taking my laptop away as I don't think the B&B we're stopping in has wi-fi.

• Options
    Fiona hope younget your runs in and work eating and drinking doesnt get in the way, I failed in that aspect on Tuesady night image

Tek well done on the 12 , put your feet up image

AGF glad to hear you are on the mend, you will soon be back into the swing of it image

NP nice steady 6

HM 4 enjoy your weekend

1 hr boot camp and 1 hr with trainer afterwards, got the parachute out againimage plus intervals with a weighted runing vest and then hill intervals, feel tired now, rest tomorrow and 18 m saturday morning. only 2 full weeks of training left before

the dreaded taper image
  • Options

Just 5 this evening and that was enough

Warm day here (16/17C)

• Options

20 yesterday, knee v sore from 7 miles, and it hurt through tonight's 3 mile recovery run. Bu66er pooh. Time off unfortunately!

Mablethorpe 10k race Sunday. Fun at the seaside!

• Options

Fiona,  Your right next to Wollaton Park. The lake in the park is good for Intervals around. A good session is to shoose a starting position, 800Metres andthen jog back to the staring position - repeat etc.....

Have fun image

• Options

Fiona, that was a long midweek run the other night hope the trip away is good and you can get a run or two in image

MG, some super training over the last couple of days and you're making it tougher adding weights and parachutes, end of the week for me until the madness beginsimage

AGF, good to hear you're feeling a little better image

Tek, well done with the 12 in the heat, 10 degrees cooler today image

NP, well done with the 6 steady image

SM, hope you get to watch a decent game tonight, enjoy the intervals tomorrow

HM, enjoy your weekend away

OH, well done with the 5

IJ, rest up well before your 10k

----------------------------------------------

Another JS sandwhich for me as it was intervals at the canal pitches I knew the runs would be limited so I did 6 before, 4 with the group, which was closer to 5, and just over 1 home, 12.3 in total for the evening

• Options

That is perfect AGF, thanks. I have a set of intervals that need to be done over the weekend. image

That's a good MLR by you too Stewart.

HM4 it certainly sounds like Millie will be well cared for.

NP not long now til the hols! image Think it'll be a good bit colder when you get back.

MG1 that's a very tough session. image

IJ take care of that knee.

OH I hope the ribs are still ok?

6.25m this morning on the treadmill, 5m at 14k/hr. Not done a tempo in ages but it was good. image

F

• Options

AGF wish you well

Stuart nice recovery, glad the aches and pains eased

NP lolimage.  Well done on the steady 6m

HM enjoy the weekend awayimage

MG that was a tough 2 hours' training !  Good luck on tomorrow's LR

OH nice 5 in the warmimage

IJ well done on the 20m, hope the knee is better

Stewart - 12m is a nice evening's work !

Fiona great tempo run this morningimage

---

Hot yoga this morning, then a run this afternoon: 1m warm up then 3m of 200m/200m @ 5k pace / recovery pace.  Much cooler todayimage 

• Options

Ankle still niggling after last w/e so will likely postpone LSR to Monday

Rib slowly improving but thanks for asking FionaC

StewartC Good JS Sandwich with thick bread on one side image

• Options

Fiona, a good treadie tempo run, amazing how the temps have dropped over the last few days

Tek, nice interval session Hadd styleimage 

OH, hope the ankle gets better soon,

----------------------------------------------------------------

Easyish 4 mile run along a similar route we ran last night followed by body balance, cricket cancelled tomorrow so I may do an extra few miles

• Options
    Fiona well doen onnthe treadie run, must be months since i have run on one, althouth with winter not that far away will have to used to them again.

Tek nice runing yesterday

Stewart hope ypur run goes well today, at least you wont loose at cricket todayimage

18 m for me @ 8.35 , av hr rate 141 . First 10 at around 9 min ml pace then pushed the last 8 m between 8.00 and 8.15 av which is M goal pace. felt good which is quite encouraging . Hope everyones training / racing goes well this weekend.
  • Options

OH hope you shake that ankle niggle soon (and the rib!)image

Stewart shame about the cricket -  nice easy 4m and gym work

MG super long run - good that the fast finish felt okimage

---

Big hangover this morning, really didn't want to get up but managed to haul myself to the club and I'm glad I did as the run went well - 9.39m @8:15mm, HR "ok" apart from one spike on a one-mile hill.image

• Options

MG, very true lol, cracking long run with some MP miles, well done image

Tek, well done getting out especially with a hangover, cracking stats given you must have been dehydrated

-------------------------------------------

6 mile run up to Craig Dunain and back down along Telford Street, felt tired at the start   after few miles I was feeling a lot better

• Options

Weather grey wet and brisk northerly, managed (reservoir) swim but then wimped out of run image weather possibly improving this afternoon ...image

Nice long run MG1

Tek Good on you getting out. HR "spike" or hair of dog?image

StewartC likewise good to get out, maybe I should do the same image

• Options

OH - Well done on the swim. Hope the rib is better

Stewart - Nice run image

Tek - Saturday morning hungover runs are greatimage

MG - That's a nice looking 18. Nice finish to it, well done!

Fiona - Nice speedy run yesterdayimage

-------------

Didn't run yesterday, decided to rest the achilles. Got some weights done and had an hours walk back from Hampden to Glasgow city centre last night. That's enough exercise for an easy dayimage

Weather is taking the piss out of me today, decided to cycle to parkrun in my waterproofs (I was handing out finishing tokens, not running) as it looked like it was going to be miserable. Turned out to be a nice morning, had I known that I'd have ran up. Now just as I'm about to go out it starts hammering downimage

I'll zip the man-suit up later and get out for 7-8 easy, the interval idea is out the window.

Edit: 8 miles @ 9:20ish doneimage

• Options

Weather did improve considerably and got out for brief 4.3 in pleasant evening sun.
    Rib fine now but R ankle still stiff and sore (and I've got to get some long runs in before it's too late)

• Options

Evening or Morning - can'lt quite decide!image

Lots of brilliant running going on ......

I know I havent been on for a while but been mega busy and lurking thinking I wasnLt really doing enough to warrant posting....... anyway final LSR run done early this morning-23 miles and by heck they wur tought. Dont know if just with accumulated tiredness or if going to fast...

I cant remember what everyone is doing, so good luck to anyone racing or doing LSR's tomorrow...............am sure you will be great image

• Options

Hi Kaz, welcome back!
    Are you doing Paris again?

• Options

Well things are slowly getting on Track. I managed to run 10K ( at 1hr pace) on Friday Friday and had no reaction today. So today I ran a 10k Race in Startford.  I had planned to just watch the wife but as it was a fresh sunny Morning decided to give it a go. 

Started away from the front of the race to avoid "racing". Today was about running in a controlled manner and "within" myself to see if am really am getting over the illness. Would have been more than happy with 55 Mins, however somehow manged 47:10.  Effort felt the same all the way round, although I notice each mile was slightly faster by a few seconds - it must have warmed up.  Happy as I felt "strong" and not out of breathe at any point. It seems that there is an outside chance that I will be able to run/walk Berlin and soak up the atmosphere....albeit very slowly as I think I will have no endurnace over 10 Miles image.

Nice to be edging back into it.  21 Miles for the week Whoop !!!

• Options

Stewart nice slog up the hill.  Hope today's 20 went ok...

OH LoL @ spikeimageimage.  Nice run in the evening sun, glad the rib's ok and hope the ankle eases off soon

Stuart image and well done on the easy 8m

Kaz welcome backimage Super long run - 23m !  Enjoy the taper up to Berlinimage

IJ good luck at Mablethorpeimage

AGF that's very good newsimage...on the road to a proper recovery

---

Got my fifth 20 miler done - I tried to keep a 75%maxHR lid on it, and averaged 8:39mm with a few HR blips uphill. Not hot but I felt very dehydrated, and had to stop for a 5 minute break at McDonalds for an orange juice. 

Just broken last year's mileage totalimage

Week stats: 73.50m in 10h21, avg. pace 8:27mm @ (153) 72%avg.maxHR.

• Options

Thanks Teknik - Also thanks to everyone else for the words of encouragement in teh last week or so. I will start to come out of my shell now image

• Options

OH, nice swim and run, hoping the ankle is better today

SM, nice 8 yesterday after zipping up that suit of yoursimage

Kaz, well done getting the long run done sounded very tough, and welcome back image

AGF, well done with the 10k super running especially after the illness image

Tek, another great run, well done on the mileage for the year record too

-----------------------------------------------------

Hurray! fifth and final 20 done and dusted and the legs don't feel to battered not bad considering there was over a 1000ft of elevation gain and loss image

Stats: 20.02, 3:35:48, 10:47mm, 

Weekly: 61.1mi, 10:35:40, 10:24mm, HR 145(76%)

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done on everyone's training.

Had a good weekend away.  Thanks guys.  We got home just after lunchtime and was very much a case of having a snooze for a large part of the afternoon.  I'm only working 2 days this week (tomorrow and Tuesday) so hopefully providing my car behaves itself on the MOT on Wednesday I'll be able to do some running and also a bit more decorating (lounge & bedroom ceilings)

• Options

Stewart - That's a very nice last long run. Get those legs well rested for the 29thimage

AGF - Nice to hear you're back on the roadimage

Tek - Nice pace for such a low HR over 20 milesimage

Kaz - Welcome back! What are you training for?

OH - Well done on at least getting out for a wee run! Is it Snowdon that you have coming up?

------------

4 miles recovery plod this afternoon. Realised I can't do a Sunday LSR before my HM so decided to move this weeks LSR to tomorrow too.image I'm off work tomorrow anyway so it's no real hassle this week.

44.9 mile for this week, but that includes 13.1 miles on Monday which was actually part of last week. Should be more like 47 after tomorrows long run.

4 weeks til my half, still haven't decided what time I'm attempting yetimage

• Options
    Tek good running yesterday and good 20 today, all looking promissing

Stewart well done on the 20 miler , well doen on the weeks mileage great effort

OH hope the ankle is feeling a bit better

Kaz welcoem back , how long to Berlin?

AGF keep it going , more progress this week hopefuly

SM6 good weeks training image whats your pb for a half?

HM4 always chores to do even when you have time off image

5 steady m this morning at 8.55 av. 43 m for the week.

4 weeks today til Jersey.