Options

Reading Half Marathon 2013

1234568»

Comments

• Options

Fantastic, 1h37 for my first half in the cold & wet! A massive thank you to all the marshalls and supporters, you were brilliant!!!

• Options

My third and worst cold and wet Reading Half.

I thought the organisation for collecting kitbags from the 1-6000 tent was appalling. Don't know about you guys but I became very cold waiting in the rain for some 30-40 minutes. I have run a lot of races around the country and this part of the organisation was the worst I have experienced.

On the excess spit issue this has always been very common and those moaning about it probably have not run many large events. If and when I need to do this I always look about first to make sure no one is in the firing line...........

Thanks for all the locals who turned out to cheer us on. I was very tempted by the free beer at The Nags Head and well done the camel and their Sheikh collector!

• Options

Thanks kind soul for posting the results.

Gutted that I was over 2 hours by more or less the exact time I spent waiting to use the portaloo at the 4 mile point. I appreciate that this was a rookie mistake on my part for needing to use the loo mid-race, but when you have over 15,000 runners I was surprised that there were so few portaloos (comparing to the BUPA Great Run Manchester 10k). Oh well - no point p*ssing and moaning!

The locals cheering everyone on and handing out sweets was really nice and other than the odd spitter / person randomly stopping right in front, it was a very positive experience image I think that, considering the elements, it was fairly well organised as well (and the fact they were apologetic about the bus queue is fair enough).

• Options

Sorry to necro a 2013 thread, I completely missed that - mods please delete

I've been looking for the runners of the Reading Marathon to hand out their photos, I imagine I will give up long before all 790 images find a home.

Google showed me Martin Bush was mentioned here, and well here's him

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62198876@N02/16733216408/in/photostream/

If any of you ran the Reading Half-Marathon and find yourself in this album

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62198876@N02/sets/72157651111451198/

I will be happy to provide a copy of your image for free.

• Options

Yep - that's Bushy